Vince Young?

Re: Vince Young?

by my home team » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 pm

I just checked the TSN site and one writer described the riders signing of Young as....


"Roughriders tossing a hail mary with Young"
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:10 am

Re: Vince Young?

by NZFan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:12 am

It's not going to end pretty...but good luck anyway. :?
Rookie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:06 pm

Re: Vince Young?

by Migs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Tipper wrote:
ottawacat wrote:No question, he's there.
That's definitely the expression that takes over your face, first time you see Regina. :(



8) Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking !! He sure looks thrilled and excited, doesn't he :lol:


Are you seriously judging a first impression by a still photo? Someone from Hamilton blasting Regina. Lol
Starter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Vince Young?

by Migs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:20 pm

NZFan wrote:It's not going to end pretty...but good luck anyway. :?


Zero risk high reward.
Starter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Vince Young?

by LeStaf » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Je ne vois pas comment un gars qui n'a jamais eu un % de passes complétées de 60% va réussir dans cette ligue.

Troy Smith 2.0, et le résultat sera sans doute le même, voire pire.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Vince Young?

by Grover » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:16 pm

http://3downnation.com/2017/03/10/vince ... ing-bonus/

Vince Young’s contract with the Saskatchewan Roughriders could see him make up to $200,000 a season – but does not include a signing bonus.

The 33-year-old quarterback signed a standard one-year deal plus a team-held option with $120,000 base salary both years, $15,000 in housing and another possible $71,000 in playtime bonuses and incentives, including $9,000 ($500 per game) for being the second QB on the depth chart. He did not receive any up front money meaning the Riders could release him in training camp without paying a dime.
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7454
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Vince Young?

by mstigercats » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:35 am

That's crazy money for a QB that was cut by The Buffalo Bills because he could never understand the play book, that was in 2012.
Starter
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:51 am
Location: Waterdown

Re: Vince Young?

by Migs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:40 am

LeStaf wrote:Je ne vois pas comment un gars qui n'a jamais eu un % de passes complétées de 60% va réussir dans cette ligue.

Troy Smith 2.0, et le résultat sera sans doute le même, voire pire.

Kerry Joseph 2.0? Doug Flutie 2.0? David Archer 2.0?

Who knows. What we do know so far is that the contract is zero risk, the coaches have loved what they've seen thus far during workout, & that he's got a very good attitude toward this opportunity.
Starter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Vince Young?

by ExPat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 am

Migs wrote:
What we do know so far is that the contract is zero risk...


The risk is that the team stops looking for a more legitimate contender for the crucial starting QB position, despite all historical evidence indicating that this is a long-shot, at best.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 10:34 am

Re: Vince Young?

by bobo82 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:41 am

mstigercats wrote:That's crazy money for a QB that was cut by The Buffalo Bills because he could never understand the play book, that was in 2012.


Let's not also forget the fact that in 2014 the absolute worst franchise on the planet in all of pro football , the Cleveland "Clowns" was Vince's last stop in the NFL before signing with the Riders. Vince only lasted all of 11 days in Cleveland before even they released him. This is a guy who wasn't even deemed good enough to play for the Sh!tty Browns !!! . He last suited up in a game that actually counted in the standings way back in the 2011 season . Just a bit of irony but does anybody remember who our starting QB was way back then ? I'll give ya a hint , this big lump named Young might just be starting ahead of him this year on the Prairies :roll: Yup !!! Good Luck to ya Riders on this one working out for ya's . :) :lol:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Vince Young?

by BigJoeM » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:03 pm

I would have done this signing quietly as possible . The contract is good protection but this is not good PR for a Pro Football League when you make it bigger than what it should be it makes the CFL look desperate for attention .

It's like a fat woman wearing a short tight two sizes too small dress or a moped it may sound fun but you don't want your friends seeing you with either one .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 am

Re: Vince Young?

by canadianfootballfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:29 pm

BigJoeM wrote:I would have done this signing quietly as possible . The contract is good protection but this is not good PR for a Pro Football League when you make it bigger than what it should be it makes the CFL look desperate for attention .

It's like a fat woman wearing a short tight two sizes too small dress or a moped it may sound fun but you don't want your friends seeing you with either one .


The CFL isn't doing it at all... the Riders are. It speaks for the actions of one ego-fueled coach. Period.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Vince Young?

by smogmonster » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:
BigJoeM wrote:I would have done this signing quietly as possible . The contract is good protection but this is not good PR for a Pro Football League when you make it bigger than what it should be it makes the CFL look desperate for attention .

It's like a fat woman wearing a short tight two sizes too small dress or a moped it may sound fun but you don't want your friends seeing you with either one .


The CFL isn't doing it at all... the Riders are. It speaks for the actions of one ego-fueled coach. Period.


Absolutely and totally spot on !!
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 10:30 am

Re: Vince Young?

by Migs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:59 pm

ExPat wrote:
Migs wrote:
What we do know so far is that the contract is zero risk...


The risk is that the team stops looking for a more legitimate contender for the crucial starting QB position, despite all historical evidence indicating that this is a long-shot, at best.


To suggest the Riders will quit recruiting QBs to be the next one because they signed Young is pure ignorance.
Starter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Vince Young?

by Migs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 pm

BigJoeM wrote:I would have done this signing quietly as possible . The contract is good protection but this is not good PR for a Pro Football League when you make it bigger than what it should be it makes the CFL look desperate for attention .

It's like a fat woman wearing a short tight two sizes too small dress or a moped it may sound fun but you don't want your friends seeing you with either one .


Pretty safe to assume you'd fail any marketing class you'd ever take.

Young is a 2 time pro-Bowl QB, NFL rookie of the year, a legend in Texas. To suggest it's foolish to market the hell out of signing knowing full well it would cost you $0 if it doesn't work out is ridiculous. I saw 3 people already today at the mall wearing his jersey. It's free marketing & if he does play well & make the team, it's an even bigger cash windfall.
Starter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: BillyDee87 and 20 guests