Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second chance

Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second chance

by my home team » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:31 pm

From today's Hamilton Spectator....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71751 ... -hamilton/

How much time has passed and NOW the contractor is sorry....must be a Hamilton project that they want to bid on....

Yeah.....I smell a rat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:10 am

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Grover » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks for posting,
The Stadium saga seems never ending, But as a TiCats fan, we are much better with THF than without it!
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7429
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by schmenger » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Business must be slow.......
Starter
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Mr. Pike » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:14 pm

So could this mean (if indeed the law suits are finally settled) , that the city of Hamilton and the Ticats can now put to-gether a bid to host a Grey Cup game ?
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Tipper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:54 pm

[quote="my home team"]From today's Hamilton Spectator....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71751 ... -hamilton/

How much time has passed and NOW the contractor is sorry....must be a Hamilton project that they want to bid on....


8) Yeah, maybe he wants to bid on the LRT :lol: :roll:
All-Star
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 1:12 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by canadianfootballfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Mr. Pike wrote:So could this mean (if indeed the law suits are finally settled) , that the city of Hamilton and the Ticats can now put to-gether a bid to host a Grey Cup game ?


One would certainly hope.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by safetyblitz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2771
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:15 am

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by jonny24eh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Tipper wrote:
my home team wrote:From today's Hamilton Spectator....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71751 ... -hamilton/

How much time has passed and NOW the contractor is sorry....must be a Hamilton project that they want to bid on....


8) Yeah, maybe he wants to bid on the LRT :lol: :roll:


Probably not far off, I believe Kenaidan does some work for Go/Metrolinx.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat'em raw!
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Obrigardo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:40 pm

safetyblitz wrote:Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.

They can start with a downtown location
Starter
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Lennywasout » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Blah!
Last edited by Lennywasout on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veteran
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Lennywasout » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Obrigardo wrote:
safetyblitz wrote:Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.

They can start with a downtown location

Why the he!! would you even mention location. That debate is DEAD. With the exception of deficiencies, we got the best we could get for the money spent. Winnipeg and Regina both spent many millions more than we did. There was already protests about committing $45 million of city money to THF.
Where would you get the other monies and time required to build downtown.
That ship sailed long ago. If you don't like the location, don't go to games.
Please, please , please......stop the whining :thdn:
Veteran
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Obrigardo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Lennywasout wrote:
Obrigardo wrote:
safetyblitz wrote:Second chance granted: they can build a second stadium at their own expense and try to get it right this time.

They can start with a downtown location

Why the he!! would you even mention location. That debate is DEAD. With the exception of deficiencies, we got the best we could get for the money spent. Winnipeg and Regina both spent many millions more than we did. There was already protests about committing $45 million of city money to THF.
Where would you get the other monies and time required to build downtown.
That ship sailed long ago. If you don't like the location, don't go to games.
Please, please , please......stop the whining :thdn:

You need to lighten up .you're far too tightly wound
Starter
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by Lennywasout » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:27 am

According to this mornings Spec, Kaneidan is barred from bidding on any city project until 2019. Even then I doubt they'll be selected for anything after that. I also blame poor project management for this debacle.
Just think, another provincial setup called Metrolinks is over 2 years behind on the Burlington go station upgrade. Just imagine the cluster fudge that'll happen with these jokers on a billion$ project like LRT. Tax $$$ hard at work. Why can't they admit their current model for infrastructure build does not work.
Veteran
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by my home team » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:53 am

Lennywasout wrote:According to this mornings Spec, Kaneidan is barred from bidding on any city project until 2019. Even then I doubt they'll be selected for anything after that. I also blame poor project management for this debacle.
Just think, another provincial setup called Metrolinks is over 2 years behind on the Burlington go station upgrade. Just imagine the cluster fudge that'll happen with these jokers on a billion$ project like LRT. Tax $$$ hard at work. Why can't they admit their current model for infrastructure build does not work.


Lenny, as I remember, Infrastructure Ontario, who was the project manager on the stadium build claimed a perfect record prior, for budget and deadline adherence . I think that's why there was such confidence in this group.

After the THF fiasco, Kaneidan should have their name dropped entirely from ANY list of public sector construction bids. Period. No return date.

I would hope that if Hamilton decision makers, or even the province has any distaste for how badly these clowns performed on the stadium, they should avoid them.
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:10 am

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by -Hammer- » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:48 pm

I feel for the guy, we all knew on day one it was going to be a gong show and that it wasn't going to be ready on time. Still, I don't doubt he still came away with a decent chunk of change.
Image
Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton - Naufrage des navires depuis 1869
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Location: Hamilton

Next

Users browsing this forum: Lennywasout and 22 guests