Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second chance

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by oo DAWG oo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:34 pm

-Hammer- wrote:I feel for the guy, we all knew on day one it was going to be a gong show and that it wasn't going to be ready on time. Still, I don't doubt he still came away with a decent chunk of change.

I remember oh it will be great it will be "State of the art" ...

Infrastructure Ontario should be saying sorry they were the top of the pyramid there..

Not to mention all the overseers that must have been there poking their noses around (if they weren't they dropped that ball too).

The contractor should have known better...but the whole gang of them are just useless
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:31 am

More problems for the city, another $500k in repairs and taxpayers to pay for it.

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/10/city- ... m-repairs/
All-Star

by Grover » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 am

slimjim2 wrote:More problems for the city, another $500k in repairs and taxpayers to pay for it.

Jim you should read the article, :roll: the taxpayers are not paying for it, the money has already been withheld.

Coun. Lloyd Ferguson, who chaired the city’s Pan Am stadium committee, said he’s “comfortable” with the ongoing spending because the city withheld millions of dollars in payments to builder Ontario Sport Solutions as a result of the initial problems.

“We’ve held a lot of money back to ensure that stadium is completed and in an appropriate state of repair,” he said. “That’s worth doing and I’m comfortable we won’t be left on the hook for the cost.”

The city confirmed it had $6 million in withheld payments available in late 2015, but it’s not clear how much of that cash remains. City lawyer Bryan Boodhoo said Tuesday he can’t reveal any information about the holdback cash because of ongoing litigation.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm

slimjim2 wrote:More problems for the city, another $500k in repairs and taxpayers to pay for it.

What the he// is wrong with you!!! Read...read....read :oops:

I wish people would stop quoting you because that's the only way I see your annoying posts.

:D :lol:
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 am

Lennywasout wrote:

What the he// is wrong with you!!! Read...read....read :oops:

I wish people would stop quoting you because that's the only way I see your annoying posts.

:D :lol:

Quoting who? I didn't write the article.

The city will spend up to $500,000 fixing persistent stadium leaks and sound system issues as legal wrangling continues over who is to blame for a laundry list of post-construction problems.
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Thu May 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Sorry...I meant reposting your stuff on a response...this is the only way I see your posts....

I wish the ignore lists also did that automatically ....what good is it if people post a response from someone on my ignore list and I see it?

Oh well...can't have everything :rockin:
Veteran

by schmenger » Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 pm

This is not a Hamilton problem, Winnipeg and Ottawa are going through the same issues.
Starter

Previous