Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second chance

Re: Stadium contractor ‘extremely sorry,’ asks for second ch

by oo DAWG oo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:34 pm

-Hammer- wrote:I feel for the guy, we all knew on day one it was going to be a gong show and that it wasn't going to be ready on time. Still, I don't doubt he still came away with a decent chunk of change.

I remember oh it will be great it will be "State of the art" ...

Infrastructure Ontario should be saying sorry they were the top of the pyramid there..

Not to mention all the overseers that must have been there poking their noses around (if they weren't they dropped that ball too).

The contractor should have known better...but the whole gang of them are just useless
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:31 am

More problems for the city, another $500k in repairs and taxpayers to pay for it.

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/10/city- ... m-repairs/
All-Star

by Grover » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 am

slimjim2 wrote:More problems for the city, another $500k in repairs and taxpayers to pay for it.

Jim you should read the article, :roll: the taxpayers are not paying for it, the money has already been withheld.

Coun. Lloyd Ferguson, who chaired the city’s Pan Am stadium committee, said he’s “comfortable” with the ongoing spending because the city withheld millions of dollars in payments to builder Ontario Sport Solutions as a result of the initial problems.

“We’ve held a lot of money back to ensure that stadium is completed and in an appropriate state of repair,” he said. “That’s worth doing and I’m comfortable we won’t be left on the hook for the cost.”

The city confirmed it had $6 million in withheld payments available in late 2015, but it’s not clear how much of that cash remains. City lawyer Bryan Boodhoo said Tuesday he can’t reveal any information about the holdback cash because of ongoing litigation.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm

slimjim2 wrote:More problems for the city, another $500k in repairs and taxpayers to pay for it.

What the he// is wrong with you!!! Read...read....read :oops:

I wish people would stop quoting you because that's the only way I see your annoying posts.

:D :lol:
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 am

Lennywasout wrote:

What the he// is wrong with you!!! Read...read....read :oops:

I wish people would stop quoting you because that's the only way I see your annoying posts.

:D :lol:

Quoting who? I didn't write the article.

The city will spend up to $500,000 fixing persistent stadium leaks and sound system issues as legal wrangling continues over who is to blame for a laundry list of post-construction problems.
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Thu May 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Sorry...I meant reposting your stuff on a response...this is the only way I see your posts....

I wish the ignore lists also did that automatically ....what good is it if people post a response from someone on my ignore list and I see it?

Oh well...can't have everything :rockin:
Veteran

by schmenger » Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 pm

This is not a Hamilton problem, Winnipeg and Ottawa are going through the same issues.
Starter

by Grover » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:48 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ ... -1.4180736

No end in sight for Tim Hortons Field lawsuit, city says
CBC News Posted: Jun 28, 2017 8:27 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 28, 2017 8:27 AM ET

"The city's claim asked for $35 million in damages for breach of contract, negligence and misrepresentation when it came to the planning, procurement, design, construction, project management and other aspects of the stadium. Of that, $14 million in damage awards would be passed on to the Ticats."

More here

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ ... -1.4180736

And a report from 3downnation

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/28/legal ... escalates/
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:03 am

It's good news if the Ticats get their $14 Million out of the settlement, they deserve it after so many years of losses.
All-Star

by DogsFan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 pm

slimjim2 wrote:Quoting who? I didn't write the article.

The city will spend up to $500,000 fixing persistent stadium leaks and sound system issues as legal wrangling continues over who is to blame for a laundry list of post-construction problems.

Once again, reading comprehension fails you. Nowhere in that article does it state that it is coming from CoH taxpayers pocket. If you just scroll up in this thread you will see the quote:

“We’ve held a lot of money back to ensure that stadium is completed and in an appropriate state of repair,” he said. “That’s worth doing and I’m comfortable we won’t be left on the hook for the cost.”

Anything over and above the withheld money will be recuperated through litigation.
Starter

by HfxTC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:03 pm

This is a real mess. There is a difference between a warranty claim and a defect for example. Those Speaker brackets, that's a warranty issue. Now the prison cell bars in front of the seats, that is a change order to accommodate an overzealous civil servant. Someone signed for that... Whoever signed for it agreed to it!

Then you have the penalties for the delays... The City will never get those back because of the change orders. They even changed the orientation of the building! The city would have to prove that those delays were in no way caused by these change orders. I suspect there are well over 1000 change orders in the construction of that building at the very least hundreds.

The city is stuck in the middle and the Ticats are trying to recoup 14 000 000.00 which when you know CFL economics is almost laughable. They better have a receipt or a piece of paper showing cancellation of contracts and revenues to show a judge for every one of these dollars... Projections won't do squat for them.

The biggest losers are the team and the fans, but at least get these guard rails modified so that the seats can be sold and fix the deficiencies so nobody gets killed.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Lennywasout » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:15 pm

How do you know there was 1000 change orders? Why we're the wrong TV's installed? Why was the sound system so bad?

The Prov Gov created such a screwed up process to build that I don't think there was any hope of completing it on time or within specs.
Veteran

by my home team » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:03 am

Lennywasout wrote:How do you know there was 1000 change orders? Why we're the wrong TV's installed? Why was the sound system so bad?

The Prov Gov created such a screwed up process to build that I don't think there was any hope of completing it on time or within specs.

Infrastructure Ontario was the project manager for this stadium build. The contractor was hailed as experienced in this type of construction. The city, as a result, was excluded from ANY participation or oversight in this.

It was SOLELY a consortium concern.

That became a gigantic mess.

As such, those involved should be held COMPLETELY responsible for ALL costs and damages.
Starter

by Lennywasout » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 am

And IO will be the project manager of the $1Billion LRT project.

How do we have any faith if they can't manage a $145million project?

Can you imagine the delays, cost over runs, and law suits that will follow?

Then outsourcing the entire project plus the maintenance and running of this "public transit " project..this is the 407 Etr all over again except people will be hard pressed to opt out of using it.

But I digress......apologies for my rant.
Veteran

by Palmer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:56 am

Good luck on the lawsuit. The contractor will never be able to pay that amount of money, unless it comes from the Province. And that just means your friends and neighbours will be on the hook yet again.

If it were me, I'd be happy to get all the deficiencies repaired, and just get on with life.
Veteran

PreviousNext