Is this Austin's Pivotal Year?

Re: Is this Austin's Pivotal Year?

by seymour » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Grover wrote:
seymour wrote:
ExPat wrote: I don't believe Collaros has ever even been a division all-star or MOP nominee, so it's not like he is 'rated' as the best.

Then why is he the highest paid quarterback in the league?

Why?? Because he has an All-Star caliber agent!

...and a gullible GM? :)
All-Star

by Obrigardo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:The fact that this conversation is being dominated by an Als fan shows just how much they love to visit us here - even though uninvited.

Maybe we Ticat fans should start dominating threads on their board also.

To all Als fans... we don't need your opinions here, and we don't need your presence at all in fact. There is the main CFL board for us to mingle, but other fans of other teams need to respect the team board as sacred ground.

The Ticat board exists for Ticat fans, not Als fans, or any other fans. Period.

I for one say welcome to other fans.for the most part you will find people thoughtful and polite.there are some thin lskinned people best avoided. I received multiple pms warning me about them
Starter

by Palmer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:46 pm

I, for one, appreciate the comments from d&p and le staf. I think it is good to have to justify our opinions once in awhile, lest we get to thinking our belly-button lint is made of diamonds rather than dust :D . And let's be honest here, so far Zach, during his time in Hamilton, has been longer on potential than he has been on results.
Veteran

by stevehvh » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm all in favour of the forum being open to fans of other teams. More importantly, so is Bob Young, as he has stated here more than once.

Sure, there are trolls out there, but there are far more good contributors. D&P and LeStaf are among them. They usually make very thoughtful, constructive points, and bring a different perspective to the discussion, which I for one appreciate. I may disagree with them once in a while, but I'm sure I disagree with more Ticat fans than I do with them. Differences are what make the discussion enjoyable.

This forum generates more activity than all the other CFL team forums put together. No wonder they want to visit and post here: it's where the action is for CFL discussion. I say welcome, and keep on posting.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey
All-Star

by LeStaf » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Palmer wrote:I, for one, appreciate the comments from d&p and le staf. I think it is good to have to justify our opinions once in awhile, lest we get to thinking our belly-button lint is made of diamonds rather than dust :D . And let's be honest here, so far Zach, during his time in Hamilton, has been longer on potential than he has been on results.

Pour revenir à Collaros, je dirais qu'il a joué à un très haut niveau lorsqu'il a été en santé et avec une ligne offensive convenable en avant de lui. Il est pour moi manifestement un des meilleurs quarts-arrières de cette ligue dans ces conditions. Il est mobile, précis, il voit bien le jeu, prend de bonnes décisions, il a tout pour avoir du succès.

Le problème est qu'il a été souvent blessé pour de longues périodes de temps et il est à se demander si, à l'instar de Buck Pierce, cette malédiction ne viendra pas le hanter toute sa carrière. Je demeure convaincu que si Collaros pouvait jouer une saison complète, son équipe serait parmi les meilleures et il récolterait les honneurs qui lui manquent actuellement. Ceci dit, encore faut-il y parvenir et c'est ce qui a fait cruellement défaut depuis le début de sa carrière.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by bobo82 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

LeStaf wrote:
Palmer wrote:I, for one, appreciate the comments from d&p and le staf. I think it is good to have to justify our opinions once in awhile, lest we get to thinking our belly-button lint is made of diamonds rather than dust :D . And let's be honest here, so far Zach, during his time in Hamilton, has been longer on potential than he has been on results.

Pour revenir à Collaros, je dirais qu'il a joué à un très haut niveau lorsqu'il a été en santé et avec une ligne offensive convenable en avant de lui. Il est pour moi manifestement un des meilleurs quarts-arrières de cette ligue dans ces conditions. Il est mobile, précis, il voit bien le jeu, prend de bonnes décisions, il a tout pour avoir du succès.

Le problème est qu'il a été souvent blessé pour de longues périodes de temps et il est à se demander si, à l'instar de Buck Pierce, cette malédiction ne viendra pas le hanter toute sa carrière. Je demeure convaincu que si Collaros pouvait jouer une saison complète, son équipe serait parmi les meilleures et il récolterait les honneurs qui lui manquent actuellement. Ceci dit, encore faut-il y parvenir et c'est ce qui a fait cruellement défaut depuis le début de sa carrière.

Like I said on my previous post LeStaf , in that 2015 season Collaros and the Cats were tearing through opponents enjoying blow out win after blow out win and were well on their way to a possible Grey Cup victory until that season ending injury in gm 12 . The thing that a lot of people forget though was that we also lost stud blindside tackle Jake Olson for the season in that same game. Olson also missed all of last season and the team never really settled at the tackle positions all of last year having a myriad of different players in and out of the line up due to injuries which didn't help with continuity on the line and the protection of Collaros . I think we will see a big difference this year in the line play and protection with the return of a healthy Olson and the re-signing of late season acquisition Xavier Fulton set at the tackle spots right from training camp.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by blackandgld » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Le Staff, i wish you would translate your posts when posting. I am interested in what you have to say, your posts are always long. I don't read French as most on this site don't and I will say i am too lazy to copy and paste and translate. Instead of a hundred followers of Ticat.ca going through the process why wouldn't you want your thoughts instantly available for all to enjoy? You may have your reasons and if you do all good.

cheers!
All-Star

by Grover » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Austin is all in on Collaros, his Contract is proof of this!
Austins Offence is built around Collaros abilities, without Collaros, we are an average team, although Masoli has proven he can win, he is the backup QB
Collaros must stay healthy this year

Last edited by Grover on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by LeStaf » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:29 pm

blackandgld wrote:Le Staff, i wish you would translate your posts when posting. I am interested in what you have to say, your posts are always long. I don't read French as most on this site don't and I will say i am too lazy to copy and paste and translate. Instead of a hundred followers of Ticat.ca going through the process why wouldn't you want your thoughts instantly available for all to enjoy? You may have your reasons and if you do all good.

cheers!

La raison est que je lis l'anglais assez bien, mais je l'écris pas mal moins bien et plus péniblement. Il me faudrait donc beaucoup de temps pour écrire la même chose et je ne serais pas certain d'avoir écrit exactement ce que je voulais dire. En écrivant dans cette langue officielle qui est la mienne, je suis certain de tout le sens de mes propos.

Il n'y a pas d'autres raison, sincèrement. C'est la Saint-Patrick aujourd'hui et je salue la mémoire de mes lointains ancêtres Kelly et Power. La langue de ces dames ne m'a pas été transmise à la naissance.

De Google : "The reason is that I read English fairly well, but I write it a lot worse and more painfully. So I would need a lot of time to write the same thing and I would not be sure I had written exactly what I meant. By writing in this official language, which is mine, I am sure of the full meaning of what I said.

There is no other reason, sincerely. This is St. Patrick's Day today and I salute the memory of my distant ancestors Kelly and Power. The language of these ladies was not transmitted to me at birth."
All-Star

by jonny24eh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:06 pm

I actually like your posts as an impromptu test of my French skills. :D although I will say I fail pretty often
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat'em raw!
Starter

by LeStaf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:09 am

bobo82 wrote:Like I said on my previous post LeStaf , in that 2015 season Collaros and the Cats were tearing through opponents enjoying blow out win after blow out win and were well on their way to a possible Grey Cup victory until that season ending injury in gm 12 . The thing that a lot of people forget though was that we also lost stud blindside tackle Jake Olson for the season in that same game. Olson also missed all of last season and the team never really settled at the tackle positions all of last year having a myriad of different players in and out of the line up due to injuries which didn't help with continuity on the line and the protection of Collaros . I think we will see a big difference this year in the line play and protection with the return of a healthy Olson and the re-signing of late season acquisition Xavier Fulton set at the tackle spots right from training camp.

Du point de vue de votre équipe, il faudra bien. Les saisons sans un quart-arrière #1 en santé pendant 18 parties ne pourront pas s'aligner encore longtemps sans commander des changements importants.
All-Star

by schmenger » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 pm

LeStaf, I appreciate your honesty when posting in English on this website. Don't worry about your grammar and your use of certain English words. While I may not agree with you or other Al's fans opinions, keep sending your remarks in English.

Thanks,

Schmenger
Starter

Previous