Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by Grover » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:40 am

Even tho the re-signing of Fantuz is imminent, :thup: :rockin:
I would still like the TiCats to draft Vandervoort at #4 if he is still there.
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7761
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by slimjim2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:53 am

Fantuz was on the FA list since Jan and no other team put a bid in, he won’t be back until at least Labour Day and no one knows if he will be able to run as fast or cut to get open.
I would imagine that his worth has gone down considerably and he will be signing a much lower contract.
It was nice of the Ticats to keep him on, I think it will be a kind of - "thank you for your service" contract with the understanding that if he can't perform when he returns in Sept he will be gone.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by bobo82 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 am

slimjim2 wrote:Fantuz was on the FA list since Jan and no other team put a bid in, he won’t be back until at least Labour Day and no one knows if he will be able to run as fast or cut to get open.
I would imagine that his worth has gone down considerably and he will be signing a much lower contract.
It was nice of the Ticats to keep him on, I think it will be a kind of - "thank you for your service" contract with the understanding that if he can't perform when he returns in Sept he will be gone.


LMAO !!! In what world do you live in Jim ? A "thank you for your service" contract ? Seriously ? Since when ? Yer kidding right ? If that was the case then Peter Dyakowski would still be on the team . I could just hear Austin now...........

Peter , to be honest I don't really think that we need ya anymore BUT because of the fact that you've been a good soldier for this squad for 10 years I'm going to offer you my all inclusive "thank you for your service" contract , just because I like ya Peter . Now I think it's only fair to tell you that this is a one time only offer that may expire in Sept . :lol:

Oh by the way Jim I'm still waiting to hear back from ya on signing those two big International O-Linemen that ya talked about in the "Canadian content thread" :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103536
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by slimjim2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:49 am

bobo82 wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:Fantuz was on the FA list since Jan and no other team put a bid in, he won’t be back until at least Labour Day and no one knows if he will be able to run as fast or cut to get open.
I would imagine that his worth has gone down considerably and he will be signing a much lower contract.
It was nice of the Ticats to keep him on, I think it will be a kind of - "thank you for your service" contract with the understanding that if he can't perform when he returns in Sept he will be gone.


LMAO !!! In what world do you live in Jim ? A "thank you for your service" contract ? Seriously ? Since when ? Yer kidding right ? If that was the case then Peter Dyakowski would still be on the team . I could just hear Austin now...........

Peter , to be honest I don't really think that we need ya anymore BUT because of the fact that you've been a good soldier for this squad for 10 years I'm going to offer you my all inclusive "thank you for your service" contract , just because I like ya Peter . Now I think it's only fair to tell you that this is a one time only offer that may expire in Sept . :lol:

Oh by the way Jim I'm still waiting to hear back from ya on signing those two big International O-Linemen that ya talked about in the "Canadian content thread" :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103536


Dyakowski came back after injury and was not the same that's why he was let go, and the fact there were other "O" linemen that could fill his shoes.
That's why I say they will sign Fantuz and it's going to be a wait and see.
They don't have any idea if he will recover and the estimate is Labour Day. They likely will offer him a much lower contract and they hang on to him based upon past performance. If his replacement gets the job done he's gone or if he can't perform fully, he's gone.

Sorry but I don't discuss comments made in other threads, it's a different subject. Don't want to change the subject and start another discussion, I will comment over there.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by BIGCAT » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:12 pm

Vandervoort would learn so much from a Vet like Andy Fantuz and grow with the team over the years.

GO CATS GO!!!!
All-Star
 
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by EE17 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:25 pm

heapbag wrote:
Grover wrote:gary lawless ‏@garylawless 2h2 hours ago

told @Ticats making WR Andy Fantuz an offer to keep him in Ham. ACL surgery will keep him off field for long stretch but they want him #cfl


Fantuz is to ME is as polarizing as Banks/Owens/Dyakowski. Fan fav and earns respect. Here's my thing though, winning teams know when to cut their losses. Fantuz is literally as slow as an unopened can of molasses. I truly think the team needs to put past accomplishments behind them. I worry that Austin waxes nostalgic. Take a look down south with Belichick. That guy knows when a player should be put out to pasture. Matt Coates means more to me at this point than Andy Fantuz.

Slow? LOLOLOL he was as fast as ever last year
Starter
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by Slomojo2005 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:21 pm

slimjim2 wrote:Fantuz was on the FA list since Jan and no other team put a bid in, he won’t be back until at least Labour Day and no one knows if he will be able to run as fast or cut to get open.
I would imagine that his worth has gone down considerably and he will be signing a much lower contract.
It was nice of the Ticats to keep him on, I think it will be a kind of - "thank you for your service" contract with the understanding that if he can't perform when he returns in Sept he will be gone.


"no other team put a bid in"...................... Slim, you don't know what you are talking about quite frankly!!!!! Don't make comments about things you know absolutely nothing about!!!!! You are right that no one knows if he'll be able to do ...x and y ....... but he has in the past and obviously the Cats think that he will and probably several other interested parties do as well.
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by slimjim2 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am

Slomojo2005 wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:Fantuz was on the FA list since Jan and no other team put a bid in, he won’t be back until at least Labour Day and no one knows if he will be able to run as fast or cut to get open.
I would imagine that his worth has gone down considerably and he will be signing a much lower contract.
It was nice of the Ticats to keep him on, I think it will be a kind of - "thank you for your service" contract with the understanding that if he can't perform when he returns in Sept he will be gone.


"no other team put a bid in"...................... Slim, you don't know what you are talking about quite frankly!!!!! Don't make comments about things you know absolutely nothing about!!!!! You are right that no one knows if he'll be able to do ...x and y ....... but he has in the past and obviously the Cats think that he will and probably several other interested parties do as well.


Obviously the Cats think he will? really?
I don't see his name on the Ticat roster yet or his name on any other team's roster. Obviously no other team has gone after him either.
This thread was started Feb 10th with................the signing of Fantuz is imminent.................. :oops:
All-Star
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by vjcos » Thu May 11, 2017 1:23 pm

His value is not and never has been his speed.
His route running and his size and sure hands are his big qualities.
you don't need to be fast to run a 10 or 15 yard route.
You need size to break a tackle and get those YAC Yards that Fantuz is famous for.
Signing him is a must.
There's still some gas left in that tank and most importantly he would be a great mentor for Coates.
Starter
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by FenderGuy69 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm

vjcos wrote:His value is not and never has been his speed.
His route running and his size and sure hands are his big qualities.
you don't need to be fast to run a 10 or 15 yard route.
You need size to break a tackle and get those YAC Yards that Fantuz is famous for.
Signing him is a must.
There's still some gas left in that tank and most importantly he would be a great mentor for Coates.


While I agree with almost everything you mentioned, YAC is not really Fantuz's specialty. Only 25% of his receiving yards were attributed to YAC. Whereas the average for the Top 10 Rec's in the league last year was 37.5% with guys like Nik Lewis hitting almost 55%.

Everything else I totally agree upon and I as well feel "there's still some gas left in that tank and most importantly he would be a great mentor".
All-Star
 
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by bobo82 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:32 pm

vjcos wrote: Fantuz
Signing him is a must.
There's still some gas left in that tank and most importantly he would be a great mentor for Coates.


A great mentor for Coates ??? So I guess when you say signing him is a must you're talking Blue Bombers then ??? :o :lol:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by Palmer » Thu May 11, 2017 6:18 pm

FenderGuy69 wrote:While I agree with almost everything you mentioned, YAC is not really Fantuz's specialty.


Got to agree with FenderGuy. When I think of a classic Fantuz catch, at least in Hamilton, it is Andy gripping the ball and falling to the turf. Or maybe a hook pattern in the endzone. I think his specialty is knowing where the first down marker is, and maintaining possession as he falls or is tackled. Not a big YAC guy for his size like Ellingson, just a sure handed 2nd down conversion guy.

Valuable guy on any team.
Veteran
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by Grover » Fri May 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Fantuz and Tasker were and are the strength of our receiving corps.

An interesting stat on Tasker

Derek Taylor ‏Verified account @DTonSC 46m46 minutes ago
41 days to @CFL. Once again @Ticats Luke Tasker and @calstampeders @_McDaniel16 were among the best at moving the chains.

Image

It sure helps when you have a QB that can handle the pressure

Derek Taylor Verified account @DTonSC May 10
No surprise that @ZCollaros7 leads the @CFL in passer rating under pressure over last 2 seasons. The margin may shock you though.

Passer rating under pressure
Image
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7761
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by schmenger » Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Grover - great stats. Is this an indication Zac was under the most pressure of all the teams or he out performs everyone else under pressure?
Starter
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Re: Rumour, Ticats make offer to Fantuz

by Grover » Fri May 12, 2017 7:42 pm

schmenger wrote:Grover - great stats. Is this an indication Zac was under the most pressure of all the teams or he out performs everyone else under pressure?


It is an indication of the latter, by a significant margin! :rockin:
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7761
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: heapbag and 29 guests