Schedule Release

Re: Schedule Release

by Slomojo2005 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:52 pm

letsgoticats wrote:I know this gets mentioned every year, but I'm going to say it again. I know team employees read these forums, and I'd love for them to know that I'm upset about this.

Why the heck does it take the CFL so long to put together a schedule. It's absolutely ridiculous. I know everyone always pushes the blame towards TSN, and stadium conflicts, but come on. The majority of CFL teams are the primary tenant at their stadiums. They only play 9 home games. Every other league has had its schedule together for months now, so TSN should be fairly set on the times/dates they want. If you've got to shift start times around by a few hours before the season stars, that's fine. But release something. It shouldn't be that hard.

So what big difference does it make if schedule is out in Feb or in Mar? Seriously?
Starter

by DisplacedCatsFan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:47 am

Slomojo2005 wrote:
letsgoticats wrote:I know this gets mentioned every year, but I'm going to say it again. I know team employees read these forums, and I'd love for them to know that I'm upset about this.

Why the heck does it take the CFL so long to put together a schedule. It's absolutely ridiculous. I know everyone always pushes the blame towards TSN, and stadium conflicts, but come on. The majority of CFL teams are the primary tenant at their stadiums. They only play 9 home games. Every other league has had its schedule together for months now, so TSN should be fairly set on the times/dates they want. If you've got to shift start times around by a few hours before the season stars, that's fine. But release something. It shouldn't be that hard.

So what big difference does it make if schedule is out in Feb or in Mar? Seriously?

Vacation planning, for one...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath
All-Star

by letsgoticats » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am

DisplacedCatsFan wrote:
Slomojo2005 wrote:

Vacation planning, for one...

Yep. Vacation planning. In an ideal world we'd know the schedule before having to put down money to renew season tickets. I'd be happy with a January release though.
Starter

by Grover » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Marshall Ferguson ‏@TSN_Marsh 15m15 minutes ago
More
Hearing the #CFL schedule is coming out tomorrow!
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by Grover » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Here it is

http://www.cfl.ca/schedule/

Bye weeks, week 2 and week 10

1st home game, week 4 vrs BC

All-Star

by letsgoticats » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:14 pm

Wow. It's been years since I've said this but, that schedule looks great.

2 home games in July, 2 in August, only one Thursday night, the RedBlacks show up well before the end of the season, I like everything about this.

Kinda wish the team had a bye week later on the season, but nothing is perfect. Is it June yet? :rockin:
Starter

by ticats28 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:24 pm

the sked looks better then last year's minus the garbage bye weeks. gotta play 10 straight into playoffs. well done cfl....
Rookie

by James » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Ugh, they're killing me. While I like the flow of this season's schedule much more than last year's, we've got a Thursday night game, and 3 Friday night games with 7pm start times. Weeknight games are always hard for people to get to, and to add insult, they're starting 3 of them at 7pm instead of 7:30pm. I hate arriving late, and 6 of the 10 home games (including pre-season) are going to be a pain to get to on time. Seriously, what does the CFL have against Saturday and Sunday games, when people can actually arrive early and have a good time without the stress of fighting traffic after work? If they want better attendance, enough with these weeknight games. Might be time to drop the $4,000 season tickets and just start buying $19 single game tickets for the weekend games.
Rookie

by Grover » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:03 pm

OTT has bye weeks, week 18 and week 20. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Grover on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by BillyDee87 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 pm

No labour day back to back with the Argblows this season. Still B2B out west.

Also, EE at home, then @ Cal, then at EE. Weeks 5, 6 & 7. Tough run. The only good thing about that is first EE game is on Thurs., next game v. Calgary is on a Sat. Nice break between games. Then, another West game in the Peg on week 8.

Ouch.

EDIT: sorry, that BlueBomber game is a home game for the cats. A little better.
"For the sake of humanity" is always the credo of tyranny.
All-Star

by mightypope » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:45 pm

The schedule worked out perfectly for me regarding work etc., so no complaints here. A concern for other fans might be the back to back home games in July and August that are only 5 & 6 days apart from each other. Also, it's got to be the first time in Ticats history that they don't host an afternoon home game in the regular season.
All-Star

by tcmike » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:56 pm

As usual this schedule is horse S#*t.
All-Star

by Mr. Pike » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:59 pm

James wrote:Ugh, they're killing me. While I like the flow of this season's schedule much more than last year's, we've got a Thursday night game, and 3 Friday night games with 7pm start times. Weeknight games are always hard for people to get to, and to add insult, they're starting 3 of them at 7pm instead of 7:30pm. I hate arriving late, and 6 of the 10 home games (including pre-season) are going to be a pain to get to on time. Seriously, what does the CFL have against Saturday and Sunday games, when people can actually arrive early and have a good time without the stress of fighting traffic after work? If they want better attendance, enough with these weeknight games. Might be time to drop the $4,000 season tickets and just start buying $19 single game tickets for the weekend games.

Yep, dropped mine, just can't travel for hours on end to and from night games , I know the bulk of the ssh's are close by but a week-end afternoon game on a Sat or Sun for out of towners and in towners would have been nice . Oh well , that life.
All-Star

by TCHABS » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:01 pm

I would like to have seen those two July home games split up rather than two games in five days at home then away for another two games. Still its better than last year with almost no home games in July and August.
Starter

by safetyblitz » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Zero afternoon home games until the playoffs.

Late start on labour day, I guess to maximize the number of fights in the stands?

But the worst thing is having our bye weeks stacked into the first half of the schedule, where they provide the least benefit to the team.
All-Star

PreviousNext