Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

Re: Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

by DisplacedCatsFan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Palmer wrote:
mr62cats wrote:According to Drew...it looks like Tom Clements could be under consideration for HC and/or GM's job with the Blue Team.

Tom Clements? Now there is a name from the past! Didn't know he was still in football. Will have to Google him.

He was Asst Head Coach and OC for the Green Bay Packers until this season...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath
All-Star

by habcat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:28 pm

mr62cats wrote:According to Drew...it looks like Tom Clements could be under consideration for HC and/or GM's job with the Blue Team.

No Not Clements! He is my all time favourite Tiger-Cat! It would be as bad as when Ken Dryden became president of the Leafs!

NO NO NO!!!
Veteran

by Tipper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Palmer wrote:Tom Clements? Now there is a name from the past! Didn't know he was still in football. Will have to Google him.

8) You obviously have not followed Toms career !!

For the past 11 years he has been with the Packers as OC and Assistant HC.
His contract was up this year and it was not renewed.

Can't see Clements wanting to come back to Canada for a HC job or a GM job.

He can easily get a job in the NFL. The Jets are apparently wooing him to join them as their OC.
He can make way more money in the NFL as a positional coach, then he could ever make up here as even a HC/GM !!
All-Star

by Palmer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Definitely have not been following old Tommie! I did Google him and see he has quite the impressive resume, and apparently a very good relationship with Aaron Rogers. Or at least before the Atlanta game? :?

Would be super to see him back in the CFL, although I would rather it not be in Double Blue. Maybe he would bring back Tony Gabriel. But I digress, and date myself .... :D
Veteran

by Grover » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am

Drew Edwards‏Verified account @scratchingpost 2m2 minutes ago

Hearing that former #Ticats offensive coordinator Tommy Condell will be REC coach with #Argos. #CFLWeek #CFL
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:04 pm

So he didn't want to be the OC here, but will take a job (demotion in position and likely pay) with the Argos?? Must have been some blow out with Austin. :roll:
I still don't like the fact that he left when he did. Totally screwed us over.
Veteran

by safetyblitz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Lennywasout wrote:So he didn't want to be the OC here, but will take a job (demotion in position and likely pay) with the Argos?? Must have been some blow out with Austin. :roll:
I still don't like the fact that he left when he did. Totally screwed us over.

Or could it be he actually got fired, but Austin let him save face at the time? Though I'll agree the timing was irregular. There are all kinds of possible reasons for the timing, regardless of whether leaving was Condell's own decision or not.
All-Star

by Grover » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:07 am

Condell left the team voluntarily on his own volition.
TiCats denied him from going blue last season, if he was fired they could not have denied him.

Trestman's staff is now complete

CFL'ers Brackenridge and Eiben seem good hires
All-Star

by Mr. Pike » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 am

Grover wrote:Condell left the team voluntarily on his own volition.
TiCats denied him from going blue last season, if he was fired they could not have denied him.

Trestman's staff is now complete

CFL'ers Brackenridge and Eiben seem good hires

Well if they denied him going Blue then they must have paid him last season , if he resigned like Milo did in Toronto and did not get paid then how could they deny him signing with someone else ?
All-Star

by Grover » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:31 am

Mr. Pike wrote:Well if they denied him going Blue then they must have paid him last season , if he resigned like Milo did in Toronto and did not get paid then how could they deny him signing with someone else ?

Arash Madani‏Verified account
@ArashMadani
Per sources: Argos had tried to hire Condell last year in a similar role, but were blocked by the Tiger-Cats at the time.
6:17 PM - 27 Jan 2017
All-Star

by Mr. Pike » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 am

Grover wrote:
Mr. Pike wrote:Well if they denied him going Blue then they must have paid him last season , if he resigned like Milo did in Toronto and did not get paid then how could they deny him signing with someone else ?

@ArashMadani
Per sources: Argos had tried to hire Condell last year in a similar role, but were blocked by the Tiger-Cats at the time.

Ah yes the old per Sources link ? ........Like I said they must have paid him for doing nothing last year to keep him away for the Blew team otherwise he should have been able do what he wanted .
I assume his contract is now up with the Ticats and thus he is now a Argo.
All-Star

by Grover » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:16 am

IMHO, Condell was butthurt over something like Orlondo getting the ASST HC promotion over him and walked out on the team at the worst possible time, An Arse Hole move, but I guess his new Logo tells all, suits him.

An "A" over a hole, an A-Hole

All-Star

by schmenger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:39 am

Connell will fit in well with all the other A Holes........ in the centre of universe.
Starter

by my home team » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:27 pm

schmenger wrote:Connell will fit in well with all the other A Holes........ in the centre of universe.

Condell is a graduate of the Chris Jones school of coaching morality and ethics.
Starter

by ottawacat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Mr. Pike wrote:
Grover wrote:

@ArashMadani

Ah yes the old per Sources link ? ........Like I said they must have paid him for doing nothing last year to keep him away for the Blew team otherwise he should have been able do what he wanted .
I assume his contract is now up with the Ticats and thus he is now a Argo.

I don't think Hamilton would have been paying Condell after he left. Did he not quit, while under contract? If so, I think it's reasonable that he should not be allowed to work for another team, without Hamilton's permission, during the period covered by the contract he chose not to honour.
All-Star

PreviousNext