Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

by Grover » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Drew EdwardsVerified account ‏@scratchingpost 32m32 minutes ago
Former #Ticats offensive coordinator Tommy Condell has joined the #Argos as a special advisor #CFL
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

Re: Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

by seymour » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Grover wrote:Drew EdwardsVerified account ‏@scratchingpost 32m32 minutes ago
Former #Ticats offensive coordinator Tommy Condell has joined the #Argos as a special advisor #CFL

And the plot thickens.........
All-Star

by 2ez » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Fishy stuff, gotta wonder what actually happened when he left. I guess the reports that he was still living locally were probably true.
Veteran

by hendy77 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:00 am

And now, Milanovich leaves to go to the Jags!

Oh, Argos.
1-17, here we go.
All-Star

by mr62cats » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:35 am

2ez wrote:Fishy stuff, gotta wonder what actually happened when he left. I guess the reports that he was still living locally were probably true.

@ez: Exactly. Maybe now the real story about his departure will come out.

Special advisor first....then HC? Or GM? Or both? Funny way to do things.
All-Star

by Grover » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:08 am

Arash MadaniVerified account ‏@ArashMadani 10h10 hours ago
Per sources: Argos had tried to hire Condell last year in a similar role, but were blocked by the Tiger-Cats at the time. #CFL

Sure sounds like bad blood,
I don't blame the TiCats for blocking that at all.(if they even did)
Nobody in the League knew more of Austins complicated Offense than Condell and he wants to go to our competition as a special advisor, like that is going to be okay.
Condell left us totally effed when he left 6 weeks before Training Camp because he was butthurt.
He put his butthurt feelings over some kind of spat with the HC ahead of the team, the players, the fans.
It hurt our Offence losing him and still has, there was no need to quit on us over hurt feelings,
he should have honoured the last season of his contract.

He has now gone over to his precious blew team, They can have him, Condell is dead to me now
All-Star

by safetyblitz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:44 am

Grover wrote:Arash MadaniVerified account ‏@ArashMadani 10h10 hours ago
Per sources: Argos had tried to hire Condell last year in a similar role, but were blocked by the Tiger-Cats at the time. #CFL

Sure sounds like bad blood,
I don't blame the TiCats for blocking that at all.(if they even did)

What's interesting to me is what could the Tiger-Cats have done to stand in the way of such a hire by the Argos last year? By my reckoning, the most logical explanation would be that Condell remained contractually bound to the Ticats last year, and they were paying him to sit at home. Plot thickens indeed.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:50 am

Hamilton had every right to block that hire last year. Condell had every right to be displeased by it and leave. Nobody's at fault. This is a business. Teams have to take care of their interests, and coaches have to look out for themselves.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by seymour » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:28 pm

mr62cats wrote:
2ez wrote:Fishy stuff, gotta wonder what actually happened when he left. I guess the reports that he was still living locally were probably true.

@ez: Exactly. Maybe now the real story about his departure will come out.

Special advisor first....then HC? Or GM? Or both? Funny way to do things.

I think you're wrong on all counts!

If Michael Copeland wanted to name Condell as GM, he would have done so already. More likely, within the next day or two, Copeland will announce a new head of football operations whose task it will be to deal with the GM's position and, ultimately, a head coach.

I suspect Copeland snapped up the well-respected Condell as soon as he became available and has him in a "holding pattern" until he can be assigned to either the OC or HC position and this move may have been prearranged with the incoming boss.
It may seem like a "funny way to do things" if you don't appreciate/understand the logistics involved.

As to the reason why Condell left the Ti-Cats, I suspect a serious rift developed between Condell and Austin that made it impossible to work together even if it meant that Condell had to leave but continue to be paid.
Possible reason: I suspect that Condell followed Austin to Hamilton with the expectation (promise?) that Condell would move up to the HC position if Austin moved to the front office. When that didn't happen and, in addition, when Orlondo Steinauer was named assistant head coach, Condell ripped Austin a new orifice.

It's speculation but also quite conceivable.
All-Star

by mr62cats » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Quote from Mr62cats "@ez: Exactly. Maybe now the real story about his departure will come out.

Special advisor first....then HC? Or GM? Or both? Funny way to do things."

Seymour wrote: "I think you're wrong on all counts! If Michael Copeland wanted to name Condell as GM, he would have done so already. More likely, within the next day or two, Copeland will announce a new head of football operations whose task it will be to deal with the GM's position and, ultimately, a head coach.
I suspect Copeland snapped up the well-respected Condell as soon as he became available and has him in a "holding pattern" until he can be assigned to either the OC or HC position and this move may have been prearranged with the incoming boss.It may seem like a "funny way to do things" if you don't appreciate/understand the logistics involved."

Seymour: Be nice. You don't know any more than I ( or the rest of us) do right now.

And I DID suggest in my post that he could be an OC or HC. Same as you. I added GM thinking that if he would be advising Copeland on a Head Coach hire, it would be a "funny way of doing things" if he was in a "holding pattern" for the lower position of OC. Looks to me like you are trolling for an argument as usual.
Last edited by mr62cats on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by tcmike » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Bunch of conspiracy theorists.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:39 pm

tcmike wrote:Bunch of conspiracy theorists.

Yup , I hear that Condell was the shooter on the Grassy Knoll. :wink:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by 2ez » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Only reason I say it is fishy is because if I remember correctly, the Cats and Austin said it was a family issue he had and needed to deal with? Then reports came out he was still in town and not back in the States, then he signs with our rivals as a "special advisor" - he obviously is going to become a coach in some capacity I'd imagine - then it comes out that he was blocked from joining the Argos last season by the Cats...there is no conspiracy, something happened between Condell and Austin or him and the franchise, and the Cats played the media game well brushing it under the rug.

I don't care nor am I mad, just an interesting turn of events when you factor everything in.
Veteran

by mr62cats » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:58 pm

2ez wrote:Only reason I say it is fishy is because if I remember correctly, the Cats and Austin said it was a family issue he had and needed to deal with? Then reports came out he was still in town and not back in the States, then he signs with our rivals as a "special advisor" - he obviously is going to become a coach in some capacity I'd imagine - then it comes out that he was blocked from joining the Argos last season by the Cats...there is no conspiracy, something happened between Condell and Austin or him and the franchise, and the Cats played the media game well brushing it under the rug.

I don't care nor am I mad, just an interesting turn of events when you factor everything in.

@ez: I agree.
How can any Tiger-Cat fan not be curious about Condell's departure at such a crucial time....and then read about his resurrection as a Boatman? Especially when we have not done so well without him.
All-Star

by Grover » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:03 pm

bobo82 wrote:
tcmike wrote:Bunch of conspiracy theorists.

Yup , I hear that Condell was the shooter on the Grassy Knoll. :wink:

The grassy knoll

All-Star

Next