Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

Re: Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

by FenderGuy69 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm

My feeling on this is that Condell resigned while under contract. Would not have been paid. But restrictions would have continued for the duration of his contract. If he was to pursue a US College position or something outside the CFL, I feel that the TiCats & Kent he would have allowed him to do so. But not something in CFL.

I do believe Scott Milanovich was still under contract with Toronto when he left. Sort of like described above, the Argos allowed him out of his contract to go to the US. Doubt they would have done the same if he was going somewhere else in CFL. Cropland's words would indicate that: “We support Scott’s decision to pursue his goals in the NFL and wish him all the best in his new role,”
All-Star

Re: Former #Ticats OC Condell Argos new Special Advisor

by Obrigardo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:09 pm

FenderGuy69 wrote:My feeling on this is that Condell resigned while under contract. Would not have been paid. But restrictions would have continued for the duration of his contract. If he was to pursue a US College position or something outside the CFL, I feel that the TiCats & Kent he would have allowed him to do so. But not something in CFL.

I do believe Scott Milanovich was still under contract with Toronto when he left. Sort of like described above, the Argos allowed him out of his contract to go to the US. Doubt they would have done the same if he was going somewhere else in CFL. Cropland's words would indicate that: “We support Scott’s decision to pursue his goals in the NFL and wish him all the best in his new role,”

It's no different for a player you can't retire and then resurface with another team .the team still holds your rights even though your not being paid
Starter

Previous