Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by blackandgld » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Truth is Sink will demand a nice chunk of change to come back into the fold too.
Just saying not sure that you can have that kind of $$$ tied up in Banks if you are going to be paying Sink too.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 am

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by Slomojo2005 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 am

We just lost out on Deane...... to the Argos. Certainly could have used another OL'man to protect Zack.
User avatar
Rookie
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by canadianfootballfan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:00 am

Slomojo2005 wrote:We just lost out on Deane...... to the Argos. Certainly could have used another OL'man to protect Zack.


The OL is one area where the Ticats are already set, so I don't know what the heck you're talking about. You seem to want the Ticats to be stockpiling OL players, which will hurt them in other areas.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by blackandgld » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:08 am

Maybe Laing as a National DL will be of interest to The Cats? Depends if our new D coordinator will be running a 3 or 4 man front IMO. If 4 we could use another National in the mix. Of course there is the CFL draft too that will bring a some additional National depth to the team..
All-Star
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 am

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by 15_championships » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 pm

blackandgld wrote:Maybe Laing as a National DL will be of interest to The Cats? Depends if our new D coordinator will be running a 3 or 4 man front IMO. If 4 we could use another National in the mix. Of course there is the CFL draft too that will bring a some additional National depth to the team..


Thats an interesting thought, who would we run in a 3-4 D if we ever went that route?
Lawrence, Dean, Shortill, Ethan Davis at LB
Tracy, Laurent and Chick on the line.
Em. Davis, Kanneh, Stephen and Washington at DB,
Butler at safety
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:55 pm
Location: Hamilton, ON

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by Slomojo2005 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:09 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:
Slomojo2005 wrote:We just lost out on Deane...... to the Argos. Certainly could have used another OL'man to protect Zack.


The OL is one area where the Ticats are already set, so I don't know what the heck you're talking about. You seem to want the Ticats to be stockpiling OL players, which will hurt them in other areas.


Me thinks you should do some reading on football strategy etc and maybe watch the games a bit more closely! A QB scrambling for his life and hurrying his pass doesn't equate to a sufficient OL. We stockpilled on DBs ( I count 16 as of today) and you think we are set at the OL position with 6-7 signed? ???? Wow!
User avatar
Rookie
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by blackandgld » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:10 pm

We are pretty light on Import LBs unless we are converting a couple of our bigger DBs to LB.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 am

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by Grover » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:22 am

blackandgld wrote:Truth is Sink will demand a nice chunk of change to come back into the fold too.
Just saying not sure that you can have that kind of $$$ tied up in Banks if you are going to be paying Sink too.


Sinkfield has already agreed to a contract with us and has a window until April to sign with an NFL team, so you would think his Cap hit would already be accounted for.
If Banks was released, he would be wearing double blue within seconds! :cry:

"Receiver Terrell Sinkfield has reportedly agreed to a contract in principle to return to the Ticats but has until April to take advantage an NFL opportunity, should one materialize."

http://3downnation.com/2017/02/26/recei ... rn-ticats/
Image
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7434
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:35 am

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by DisplacedCatsFan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 am

Slomojo2005 wrote:
canadianfootballfan wrote:
Slomojo2005 wrote:We just lost out on Deane...... to the Argos. Certainly could have used another OL'man to protect Zack.


The OL is one area where the Ticats are already set, so I don't know what the heck you're talking about. You seem to want the Ticats to be stockpiling OL players, which will hurt them in other areas.


Me thinks you should do some reading on football strategy etc and maybe watch the games a bit more closely! A QB scrambling for his life and hurrying his pass doesn't equate to a sufficient OL. We stockpilled on DBs ( I count 16 as of today) and you think we are set at the OL position with 6-7 signed? ???? Wow!

On paper, we have a pretty decent O-line. We are getting Olson back (he is an elite Tackle), the interior is very good with Bomben, Filer, and Revenberg (with a year of experience under his belt, he will be even better. Don't forget that he played every position but Centre last year, and beat out Dyakowski for Guard), and Fulton at the other Tackle.

We had a revolving door of injuries that contributed to poor performance on the O-line last year; just as the revolving door of injuries, especially the two that were season-long (Washington and Butler), contributed mightily to the poor performance of the secondary. IMHO, we don't need to sign a veteran National for around $200k to play Tackle when we could get 3 players (or two Sinkfields) for the same amount...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath
All-Star
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:12 am

Exactly, DCF!

In terms of starters at least, the Ticats are set on the OL, and Deane is a starter. They could use another depth guy or two, but that's it. Rice will likely be the 6th guy, since he can play guard and tackle.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by mightypope » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:56 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:In terms of starters at least, the Ticats are set on the OL, and Deane is a starter.


Why are you talking about Deane? He's an Argo.
Image
All-Star
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by bobo82 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:00 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:Exactly, DCF!

In terms of starters at least, the Ticats are set on the OL, and Deane is a starter. They could use another depth guy or two, but that's it. Rice will likely be the 6th guy, since he can play guard and tackle.


We currently have 9 OL listed on the off season roster .
Barring any injuries the projected starting 5 should be... c - Filer / rg - Bomben , lg - Revenberg / lt - Olson , rt - Fulton

As already mentioned we have the versatile Rice as our 6th guy .
We also have Girard to back-up Filer at centre . Lewis as our back-up at Tackle and the still developmental Everton Williams who was with the team all of last season on the PR learning the position after being converted over from playing on the D-Line in College ball .

My guess is that the team will probably draft an O-Lineman or two and sign a few un-signed or undrafted FA's from some of their upcoming Mini-camps and head into Training Camp with a minimum of 12 OL on the roster.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 am

mightypope wrote:
canadianfootballfan wrote:In terms of starters at least, the Ticats are set on the OL, and Deane is a starter.


Why are you talking about Deane? He's an Argo.



You really don't read many of the posts do you? Another member brought Deane up as someone they wished Hamilton would sign.

It would likely take you less time to read above my post, than to ask me a question.

You've been around long enough that you should know how to use a forum.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by Obrigardo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Grover wrote:
blackandgld wrote:Truth is Sink will demand a nice chunk of change to come back into the fold too.
Just saying not sure that you can have that kind of $$$ tied up in Banks if you are going to be paying Sink too.


Sinkfield has already agreed to a contract with us and has a window until April to sign with an NFL team, so you would think his Cap hit would already be accounted for.
If Banks was released, he would be wearing double blue within seconds! :cry:

"Receiver Terrell Sinkfield has reportedly agreed to a contract in principle to return to the Ticats but has until April to take advantage an NFL opportunity, should one materialize."

http://3downnation.com/2017/02/26/recei ... rn-ticats/

Not for the same money
Starter
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: Who is your top free agent wish for the Cats?

by Slomojo2005 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:47 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:Exactly, DCF!

In terms of starters at least, the Ticats are set on the OL, and Deane is a starter. They could use another depth guy or two, but that's it. Rice will likely be the 6th guy, since he can play guard and tackle.


I agree Cdnftbllfan. We have to have some more depth at positiomoreA repeat of last year would not be pretty.
User avatar
Rookie
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:36 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests