Banks

Banks

by rockfish » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Speedy B seems to have lost all confidence. He seems scared out there. Maybe he's lost a step? Maybe put someone else back there as he isn't getting the job done. Anyone know the status of Terrell Sinkfield? Noticed he's still on the Vikings roster as a CB. Would sure be nice to have him on our roster.
Veteran

Re: Banks

by cats99 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:15 pm

rockfish wrote:Speedy B seems to have lost all confidence. He seems scared out there. Maybe he's lost a step? Maybe put someone else back there as he isn't getting the job done. Anyone know the status of Terrell Sinkfield? Noticed he's still on the Vikings roster as a CB. Would sure be nice to have him on our roster.

The Blocking for him is the SH_TS and is not improving Special teams :thdn: I watched him on every kick return with my binoculars and he has the explosive start after the ball is caught but the gap closes almost instantly with zero openings not much options in his line of sight
The 13th Man At THF- Loud and Proud
All-Star

by Palmer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:22 pm

The thing we noticed about Banks last night was that he hesitates as the approaches the "wall" this year, rather than just "exploding" into it as he has in the past. Or he slows and tries a little stutter step or a dipsy-doodle move, which usually gives the tacklers time to close in and cut him off. In the past, he seemed to disappear into that first wave of tacklers and then pop out the other side. When he goes wide, it looks like he mis-times his cut upfield and runs out of room, and out of bounds. Of course, the pursuit is probably taking a better angle on him and forcing that wider cut.

Maybe I am overly one-sided, but it seems Banks takes a lot of hits out-of-bounds, even when he has clearly gone beyond the wide side-line markers. Not enough to draw a flag, apparently, but usually enough to take his feet out and force him to either run into the advertising boards or to twist his body awkwardly as he falls or avoids contact with barriers or players. He is not a big guy and I would think that constant pounding has to have an effect on his stamina and maybe his willingess to charge into the pursuit?

Having said all that, IMO, his return yards are still acceptable, given that he returns a lot of kicks, and takes a lot of hits. We are just not seeing the big returns for TDs, but I think that tends to happen with all returners over their careers. A step slower, a tad wiser?
Veteran

by dman_34 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Banks is over paid for what he contributes to the team...his best days are behind him time to cut ties his money is better used elsewhere...too much $$$ for a very part time player at best
Rookie

by blackandgld » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 pm

i have been a Banks supporter but lets try someone else. He poses very little threat unfortunately.
All-Star

by Garney 26 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:42 pm

One man a return does not make!
Starter

by MtnCat » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Didn't want to say it, but i'm sure everyone is thinking it...ever since his drug use suspension he is not the same returner
Veteran

by CatsFaninOttawa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 am

MtnCat wrote:Didn't want to say it, but i'm sure everyone is thinking it...ever since his drug use suspension he is not the same returner

You're definitely not the first to think it, or to say it. Not saying it's related, but that does seem to be around the time when his performance dropped off.
All-Star

by Thrick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 am

They showed a couple clips where Austin was talking to Banks not looking happy at all and than you see Banks laughing at him.
So this could mean a few things I am fairly certain that it was not a "friendly conversation" or a joking one at that it could mean he really doesn't have respect for the Coach, he is pissed off, he just doesn't care anymore.

Banks just doesn't seem to be into the game as he was before. This being said I think that please note the I THINK that if something doesn't change within the organization (coaching staff ) than maybe it is time for Banks and the Cats to move on.
Oskee Wee Wee
Practice Squad

by TravelPat1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 am

The blocking for Banks is pathetic. On that one return where he got hammered in the legs causing him to almost somersault through the air there were four Cats about 5 yards in front of him and two Lions knifed right through the four untouched.
All-Star

by blackandgld » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 am

I agree the blocking has not been great but Banks is not showing the same burst that he used to show.
Even on kickoff returns where nobody is around him for the first 15 yards he does not look to be dangerous.
He used to get everyone out of their seats and even on average returns at least looked dangerous to break something.
All-Star

by rockfish » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am

I seem to remember he used to run in one direction, the cut against the grain to the other side, something he doesn't seem to do anymore. He definitely seems hesitant. I wonder if we could get anything for him in a trade?
Veteran

by seymour » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:45 pm

rockfish wrote:I wonder if we could get anything for him in a trade?

How much would you give for an overpaid, underachieving admitted drug user with a lousy attitude?
All-Star

by cats99 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:17 pm

seymour wrote:

How much would you give for an overpaid, underachieving admitted drug user with a lousy attitude?

Same old song and dance how much you boys want to bet?$! That ok he is starting to not be one of Austins boys, and ok let's blame him not the Special teams new coach or the players doing the blocking . Ok he is not productive in our SYSTEM they salary dump him and guess what he like MANY other EX TICATS move on elsware say the Argos and guess what?! DAAAAA he does great !!! And the rest is proven Fu_cking History sounds familiar like say 10 former players wise!?

Are you guys fricken blind ?!

blocking and special teams set up , Schemes is not up to snuff
Stop blaming overall the players !

It's Coaching and Management that is the BIG problem !
Attachments
IMG_3512.GIF
Last edited by cats99 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The 13th Man At THF- Loud and Proud
All-Star

by ExPat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:21 pm

seymour wrote:

I don't know, but if we release him, and someone else picks him up, and then trades him for some other player, I know exactly who will be on this board shouting about how it never even dawned on the Ticats to hang onto him indefinitely until a trade offer came along.
All-Star

Next