BMO Field 2016

Re: BMO Field 2016

by HfxTC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 am

The BigO hasn't had a penny except for the roof repairs put in it since the seventies. Even the scoreboard is mechanical and the screen uses bulbs. Speakers are all rotted or blown out... It is the worst place in North America to watch any event.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by ArgoFan1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:42 pm

They put the roof on it not too long ago, not just repaired it. They did spend money on it.
Starter

by prairiedog72 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:52 pm

SkyDome is WAAAYYY better than the Big O.

The only thing wrong with SkyDome is that lower bowl, which is awful. :thdn: But the rest of the building is excellent and highly underrated. Best concourse in the country. Really too bad about that lower bowl tho. Kinda spoils everything.

Everything about the Big O sucks. Lower bowl just as bad as SkyDome. Concourse is poorly laid out. Only stadium I ever got lost in. Tremendously bad use of space pretty much everywhere you look. That architect should have been put in jail for that piece of junk.
Jones' head on a platter, with a side order of Reynolds. Nothing less.
All-Star

by gemwell » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:20 pm

prairiedog72 wrote:SkyDome is WAAAYYY better than the Big O.

The only thing wrong with SkyDome is that lower bowl, which is awful. :thdn: But the rest of the building is excellent and highly underrated. Best concourse in the country. Really too bad about that lower bowl tho. Kinda spoils everything.

Everything about the Big O sucks. Lower bowl just as bad as SkyDome. Concourse is poorly laid out. Only stadium I ever got lost in. Tremendously bad use of space pretty much everywhere you look. That architect should have been put in jail for that piece of junk.

I thought he was ?
Starter

by LB74 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:05 pm

How does everyone feel about the potential of shortened endzones at BMO?

I know it's a bit of a cross post with the league forum, but thought i'd go to the source.
- a football fan
Veteran

by Hank01 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Love to see a team shop at the stadium with diversified apparel .
All-Star

by Aqualung1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:49 pm

LB74 wrote:How does everyone feel about the potential of shortened endzones at BMO?

I know it's a bit of a cross post with the league forum, but thought i'd go to the source.

I say go metric. !00 meter field, 15 meter endzones. Problem solved.
Starter

by Blindside » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:05 pm

Aqualung1 wrote:
LB74 wrote:How does everyone feel about the potential of shortened endzones at BMO?

I guess you didn't know this is exactly why a CFL field is 110 yards long? The original rugby code called for a field that was 100 meters in length. 1yd = 0.9m / 100m = 109 yd.

A shorter endzone is a terrible idea IMO, and kills long TD passes, and reduces the chances of a run-back.
Starter

by argos1873 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:31 pm

Blindside wrote:
Aqualung1 wrote:

I guess you didn't know this is exactly why a CFL field is 110 yards long? The original rugby code called for a field that was 100 meters in length. 1yd = 0.9m / 100m = 109 yd.

A shorter endzone is a terrible idea IMO, and kills long TD passes, and reduces the chances of a run-back.

Are you sure about that metric system field, considering rugby was developed in Britain where the metric system wasn't really in use at the time, and then Canadian football developed in a Canada where the metric system definitely wan't in use? I'm not saying you are wrong, but can you site a source that says the original rugby code called for a 100 meter field? I would like to see that. Just curious, not arguing.
Rookie

by Blindside » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:01 pm

argos1873 wrote:
Blindside wrote:I guess you didn't know this is exactly why a CFL field is 110 yards long? The original rugby code called for a field that was 100 meters in length. 1yd = 0.9m / 100m = 109 yd.

Are you sure about that metric system field, considering rugby was developed in Britain where the metric system wasn't really in use at the time, and then Canadian football developed in a Canada where the metric system definitely wan't in use? I'm not saying you are wrong, but can you site a source that says the original rugby code called for a 100 meter field? I would like to see that. Just curious, not arguing.

Law 1: The Ground

the field of play hasn't really changed since the late 1800's, except in cases where a full sized pitch couldn't fit.
Starter

by slimjim2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:08 am

Blindside wrote:
argos1873 wrote:
Blindside wrote:I guess you didn't know this is exactly why a CFL field is 110 yards long? The original rugby code called for a field that was 100 meters in length. 1yd = 0.9m / 100m = 109 yd.

Law 1: The Ground

the field of play hasn't really changed since the late 1800's, except in cases where a full sized pitch couldn't fit.

Are you talking about Rugby League or Rugby Union? - there are TWO different types of Rugby just like there are two different types of football in North American.
Two different field dimension in Rugby and one league plays with 13 players and one with 15 players.
The original rules developed at Rugby were in Imperial measurements but converted to metric because the metric system used by most countries. It really doesn't matter since they aren't measuring for 1st downs etc or keeping the stats like they do in football. It also doesn't really matter if they are playing on a soccer pitch at BMO or a CFL dimension field either the dimensions are approximate just like in soccer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... ugby_union
All-Star

by Cool » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:50 pm

I liked the ol 'Dome... Cheap, easy parking (after 6pm) at the esplanade; nice walk along Front st passed all the chip trucks etc.

After taking the Go-Train to BMO (Exhibition), it is a cool venue as well. Natural grass, great view of the harbour and Gardiner (if you're sitting up high). Concessions could use some help though...
Pull Together everyone
All-Star

Previous