Is Harris gone?

Is Harris gone?

by ArgoT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Bad move on the Argos to let Harris blow in the wind.
Now with rumours he may sign in Regina.
If he goes there goes the season since ray is done.
All-Star
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Is Harris gone?

by drummer_god » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Harris isn't that good. He showed glimpses of brilliance early then was exposed as average. He has a big ego, demanding to be the league's highest paid player despite nothing to deserve it. I hope he goes to Ottawa or Montreal so I can see the Argos routinely ruin his playoff plans. Him and Collaros, both. :rockin:
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 11595
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 4:43 pm
Location: London, Ont.

Re: Is Harris gone?

by ArgoT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:32 pm

drummer_god wrote:Harris isn't that good. He showed glimpses of brilliance early then was exposed as average. He has a big ego, demanding to be the league's highest paid player despite nothing to deserve it. I hope he goes to Ottawa or Montreal so I can see the Argos routinely ruin his playoff plans. Him and Collaros, both. :rockin:


What happens when Ray is either injured or perhaps retires.
He is slow in the pocket, a pylon and cannot take too many hits.
You realize the cupboard is bare.
This after we gave away first the best blue chip player who would have been the MOP last year, Collaros.
Now the second blue chip you want to have him walk.
I don't get it.
All-Star
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Is Harris gone?

by drummer_god » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 am

You worry about Ray getting injured then mention Collaros - who has been injured in both his years in Hamilton. :roll:
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 11595
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 4:43 pm
Location: London, Ont.

Re: Is Harris gone?

by CFL4U » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Sign him TO. Do not let this one get away.

Ray used to be money in the bank, but now looks more like the Canadian dollar. HOF for sure, but that is past performance. If Harris goes, big trouble brews.
Rookie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Is Harris gone?

by DoubleBlue » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:17 pm

It is starting to look like Harris and agent are either waiting to the last minute to resign with the Argos, or he has a better offer from another club when he becomes a free agent.
Nobody tell the Commissioner as he might think there was tampering going on. :)
An appeaser is one who feeds a Crocodile, hoping that it will eat him last. Winston Churchill
All-Star
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Whitby

Re: Is Harris gone?

by pikk » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Has kevin glenn played for TO yet? lol
All-Star
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:34 am
Location: In a van down by the (ottawa) river.

Re: Is Harris gone?

by wallypwd » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:57 pm

:thup:
pikk wrote:Has kevin glenn played for TO yet? lol

YEAH ==HE DID----NOW ARGOS HAVE A# QB'S RAY HARRIS AND ??? with the other camp guys if there is ---how bout bringing back BISH---LOL LOL LOL LMAOF LOL lOL lOl LOL :lol:
Practice Squad
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Is Harris gone?

by Argofan_1000 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:51 pm

Gone - but, today Argos signed 2 very good O.L. to protect Ray. They are very good. Coach says they have another good QB prospect on the roster and should have room on the cap to resign some of our own. Ricky will be ready and strong for season start.

Any one know where they pick on the draft
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:38 am

Re: Is Harris gone?

by ArgoT » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:27 pm

Horrible move now that it is official.
There is nothing in the cupboard with an aging and brittle Ricky ray, whose best before date has expired.
When you think about the good move to BMO with all of the positives, this is a clear negative.
Moving the team backwards several years.
All-Star
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Is Harris gone?

by DoubleBlue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:01 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:Gone - but, today Argos signed 2 very good O.L. to protect Ray. They are very good. Coach says they have another good QB prospect on the roster and should have room on the cap to resign some of our own. Ricky will be ready and strong for season start.

Any one know where they pick on the draft


They have the 4th overall pick.
An appeaser is one who feeds a Crocodile, hoping that it will eat him last. Winston Churchill
All-Star
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Whitby

Re: Is Harris gone?

by DoubleBlue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:04 pm

ArgoT wrote:Horrible move now that it is official.
There is nothing in the cupboard with an aging and brittle Ricky ray, whose best before date has expired.
When you think about the good move to BMO with all of the positives, this is a clear negative.
Moving the team backwards several years.


I wouldn't mind the Argos giving Dan Lefevour a shot at back up now. I always liked his potential. Good size, arm and can run when needed.
An appeaser is one who feeds a Crocodile, hoping that it will eat him last. Winston Churchill
All-Star
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Whitby

Re: Is Harris gone?

by ArgoT » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:12 pm

DoubleBlue wrote:
ArgoT wrote:Horrible move now that it is official.
There is nothing in the cupboard with an aging and brittle Ricky ray, whose best before date has expired.
When you think about the good move to BMO with all of the positives, this is a clear negative.
Moving the team backwards several years.


I wouldn't mind the Argos giving Dan Lefevour a shot at back up now. I always liked his potential. Good size, arm and can run when needed.



I agree with you DB.
For me he does have an up side.
Even though he supposedly signed with this alleged new football league, I am sure he could be had.
All-Star
 
Posts: 4381
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Is Harris gone?

by DoubleBlue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:43 pm

I don't think the new League isn't going to get off the ground. The big backer has bailed.
An appeaser is one who feeds a Crocodile, hoping that it will eat him last. Winston Churchill
All-Star
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: Whitby

Re: Is Harris gone?

by Policiious » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi everyone, as an American based CFL fan; wanted to make you all aware of some of the Quarterback prospects available in this upcoming draft class. Since almost all CFL quarterbacks matriculated from a US based university, I can offer an informed perspective

Jordan van Laanan has won back to back Harlon Hill awards as Division 2 football's top player. He is only the second QB to win the award I back to back years and the first in 15 yrs. He led the Ferris State football program to the Division 2 playoffs. There are others I will highlight in future posts that should slip through the NFL draft
Rookie
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:56 am

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests