Hamilton forum-being told not to comment

Re: Hamilton forum-being told not to comment

by HfxTC » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:47 am

I've ignored them for years. Most of their fans are great. They have a small group of antagonist and half the time their classier fans will tell them to shut up.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by LB74 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Photo1 wrote:I was asked to stop posting on the Hamilton forum

Listen, in this case you need to take the rest of the country as an example and just ignore Hamilton.

lol.

Come on over and post on the Cat's forums any day. Please. There often is not enough talk about football, and more to do with interpersonal politics. So, anyone who wants to talk about player assessments, or coaching, or even just a good / bad play and what made it happen would be sorely welcome.

I'm a Hamiltonian, and have followed football for 20 years while rooting for my home town team. Sadly, often the hardest part about being a Cat's fan can be other fans.

PS. Ottawa has been an exciting team to watch this year, and I would love to see them represent the East if we don't beat you after laying the boots to Toronto. I had the good fortune to travel to Ottawa for the home opener this year and had a fantastic experience.
- a football fan
Veteran

by Photo1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:50 pm

A lot of trash talking on the Hamilton forum. Seems to be a little early for that, I'll let the players settle it next Sunday. Toronto gifted that game today.
Starter

by noback » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Photo1 wrote:A lot of trash talking on the Hamilton forum. Seems to be a little early for that, I'll let the players settle it next Sunday. Toronto gifted that game today.

LOL They started way before the game was even over :roll:
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by spike » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Photo1 wrote:A lot of trash talking on the Hamilton forum. Seems to be a little early for that, I'll let the players settle it next Sunday. Toronto gifted that game today.

I am glad you are back posting on the Cats forum photo1. I follow the Cats forum pretty closely and post there almost exclusively. I think that there have been about 50 posts on the Cats forum since the game ended and only 3 are trash talking about the RedBlacks.
Starter

by stevehvh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:30 pm

I hope the Ticats win next week. With 54 years as a Ticats fan I can't ever do otherwise. But if we lose, I'll root for Ottawa in the Grey Cup. I'm looking forward to a really good game.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey
All-Star

by ArgoT » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Go RedBlacks.
All-Star

by LB74 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:05 pm

noback wrote:

That's just to block out TSN/CFL pandering to her darling jewel sweet heart.
- a football fan
Veteran

by LB74 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 pm

LB74 wrote:
noback wrote:

That's just to block out TSN/CFL pandering to her darling jewel sweet heart.

oops. Correction... I thought the trash talk was about toronto.

Got nuthin' but love for the Rouge et Noir.

Ottawa has been an exciting team this year, especially in the stretch run. I love watching Powell carry the rock, but I'd be surprised if the cat's Dline fails to neutralize him in a 3 match up.

It'll be a great game to watch.
- a football fan
Veteran

by Niagara Als » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:26 pm

The Forum threads are open to all who are registered on it. The threads can be constructive or critical in their content. The posts however should be constructive in their format even, if they do contain some criticism. They should, however be respectful of each person engaged in the posting process.
All-Star

by noback » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Niagara Als wrote:The Forum threads are open to all who are registered on it. The threads can be constructive or critical in their content. The posts however should be constructive in their format even, if they do contain some criticism. They should, however be respectful of each person engaged in the posting process.

Unfortunately that's not the way it feels or actually is to a newcomer on this site. We (any fan other than a Ticat fan) post a reply or comment in the Ticats forums, that may be in disagreement to theirs, and SOME of them jump all over it and tell you to get lost?? How is that "open" to all members?? It's ok with me though, I'm relatively new here and will continue post in the RedBlacks forums as I am a fan of the CFL. Plus I'm already tired of hearing them whine about just about everything on the planet as why they lost a game - why they are not in first, why they are not the best anymore.... etc etc etc :wink: :lol:

There is a new kid on the block and they should just get used it cuz the RedBlacks are here to stay. :thup:
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by MadJack » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:43 pm

noback wrote:I'm already tired of hearing them whine about just about everything on the planet as why they lost a game - why they are not in first, why they are not the best anymore.... etc etc etc

You are not alone there, noback. Hamilton fans, it seems, far more than any other team's fans, always blame the referees or some such, for their not winning. You will rarely, if ever, see a Hamilton fan just admit that the other team played better on that day.
Hall of Famer

by tcmike » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:22 pm

You guys are seriously delusional. The Ticat forum gets the most traffic of all on here and that has plenty to do with the great fans of our team but also due to many fans of other team coming in and stirring the pot. What do you expect your the enemy. You don't like it then stay out.

We are no different than any other teams fans so get off your high horses. Sure some fans go a bit far from time to time that's life.

The RedBlacks are very talented and deserve the success but pump the brakes a bit there is a long way to go to cement your history, I think you can look back and your last 2 teams to see that.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:29 pm

tcmike wrote:You guys are seriously delusional. The Ticat forum gets the most traffic of all on here and that has plenty to do with the great fans of our team but also due to many fans of other team coming in and stirring the pot. What do you expect your the enemy. You don't like it then stay out.

We are no different than any other teams fans so get off your high horses. Sure some fans go a bit far from time to time that's life.

The RedBlacks are very talented and deserve the success but pump the brakes a bit there is a long way to go to cement your history, I think you can look back and your last 2 teams to see that.

I don't even get this post. The thread is about being told to stay out of the TiCats forum. Most of us are saying "fine" or "whatever". Then you come in and say "You don't like it then stay out". I'm pretty sure that's what all of us are doing. Those who want to continue to go, do, those who don't, don't.

And what's this about cementing history? Who among us is handing the cup to the Redblacks already? How does that even come into the conversation? :|

And sorry, but my experience pretty much matches Madjack. If you don't like hearing you fellow fans referred to that way, don't come here, because this is the most likely place for it to happen.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by slimjim » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:41 am

tcmike wrote:You guys are seriously delusional. The Ticat forum gets the most traffic of all on here and that has plenty to do with the great fans of our team but also due to many fans of other team coming in and stirring the pot. What do you expect your the enemy. You don't like it then stay out.

Are there REDBLACK fans coming on to the Ticat site stirring the pot?? I haven't seen any Ottawa fans stirring things up on the Ticat site . But here you are on the REDBLACK site stirring it up, I don't get it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't understand your statement about "cement your history" ?? what does the "last 2 teams" have to do with the REDBLACKS? this is a new team with new ownership and new fans.
All-Star

PreviousNext