Hamilton forum-being told not to comment

Re: Hamilton forum-being told not to comment

by spike » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 am

MadJack wrote:
noback wrote:I'm already tired of hearing them whine about just about everything on the planet as why they lost a game - why they are not in first, why they are not the best anymore.... etc etc etc

You are not alone there, noback. Hamilton fans, it seems, far more than any other team's fans, always blame the referees or some such, for their not winning. You will rarely, if ever, see a Hamilton fan just admit that the other team played better on that day.

On the thread on the Hamilton forum congratulating Ottawa

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=99661

at least 12 different posters said that Ottawa deserved the victory. The thread had lots of other stuff, including some rough treatment of visitors, but I think 12 is better than "rarely, if ever".

Good luck to Ottawa this afternoon.
Starter

by HfxTC » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:27 am

noback wrote:
Niagara Als wrote:The Forum threads are open to all who are registered on it. The threads can be constructive or critical in their content. The posts however should be constructive in their format even, if they do contain some criticism. They should, however be respectful of each person engaged in the posting process.

Unfortunately that's not the way it feels or actually is to a newcomer on this site. We (any fan other than a Ticat fan) post a reply or comment in the Ticats forums, that may be in disagreement to theirs, and SOME of them jump all over it and tell you to get lost?? How is that "open" to all members?? It's ok with me though, I'm relatively new here and will continue post in the RedBlacks forums as I am a fan of the CFL. Plus I'm already tired of hearing them whine about just about everything on the planet as why they lost a game - why they are not in first, why they are not the best anymore.... etc etc etc :wink: :lol:

There is a new kid on the block and they should just get used it cuz the RedBlacks are here to stay. :thup:

That has a bit to do with the history of the forum. When the forum was created by Bob Young (Ticats's owners) their team forum already existed. He wanted to integrate his team's forum into the league's new one. So he came up with this marketing Schtick that the team forums would be some kind of sacred binky or "safe place" where other fans were not allowed to create any comments that would be confrontational.

Over time the lack of upgrades and heavy handed corporate enforcement/vision by Bob sent Toronto, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Edmonton fans packing creating their own forums. I would not be surprised when the CFL forum is redone in the off season that the forum in its current format is killed and excuses that social media has evolved is given. Will probably be a good thing as it will spawn a privately held forum that should be much more interesting as 13thman.com was before the CFL forum came and in effect kill it.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by stevehvh » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:03 pm

HfxTC,
Bob Young has made it clear that other teams' fans are perfectly welcome to post in the Ticats forum. You certainly do fairly often, and I enjoy your comments.

Anyway, congratulations to the REDBLACKS, you played well, earned the win, and best of luck in the Grey Cup. I'll be rooting for you.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 pm

HfxTC wrote:Will probably be a good thing as it will spawn a privately held forum that should be much more interesting as 13thman.com was before the CFL forum came and in effect kill it.

Oof. 13thman. That takes me back a bit. I used to post as Captain Canuck on there. Left around the time the Renegades started circling the drain, went back one time and saw it was basically dead. Kind of unfortunate.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by KevinRiley » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:01 am

stevehvh wrote:HfxTC,
Bob Young has made it clear that other teams' fans are perfectly welcome to post in the Ticats forum. You certainly do fairly often, and I enjoy your comments.

Anyway, congratulations to the REDBLACKS, you played well, earned the win, and best of luck in the Grey Cup. I'll be rooting for you.

Well said. :thup:
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Holy crap, for a forum that didn't want to talk about Ottawa, there sure are a lot of threads about the RedBlacks out there.

When I saw that Grover posted about the lack of fans at the airport on the main board, I went to check if it was posted in the Hamilton forum too and sure enough!

Slow evening at home, Grover? :roll:
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by noback » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:12 am

Actually he posted in three threads so far.
I may be new in here but isn't that was he was complaining about? Didn't he slam and call out SlimJim for the same thing?? I guess there are two sets of rules on this forum. One for Ticat fans, and one for the OTHER 8 TEAMS???

I wonder if he would be this immature if Hamilton had actually BEATEN Ottawa this year.
but we wont know that until NEXT season :wink:
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by spike » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:39 am

noback wrote:Actually he posted in three threads so far.
I may be new in here but isn't that was he was complaining about? Didn't he slam and call out SlimJim for the same thing?? I guess there are two sets of rules on this forum. One for Ticat fans, and one for the OTHER 8 TEAMS???

I wonder if he would be this immature if Hamilton had actually BEATEN Ottawa this year.

Agree with much of what you say, noback. Grover posts lots of good stuff but he shouldn't have posted this, especially on your forum.

In another thread Slimjim suggests we are making a big deal of the airport thing over on the Cats forum but so far it is just Grover, maybe another Cat fan and a visiting BC and Argo fan who have said negative things. There are 4 posts from Cats fans including mine that say there is nothing to criticize. Ottawa fans are good fans.

Your call, but it might be better if we all concentrated on the poster and not the poster's team. So if I write something you think is bad, blame me, not all Ti-cat fans.
Starter

by QQ One-Nine » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:57 am

spike wrote:

Agree with much of what you say, noback. Grover posts lots of good stuff but he shouldn't have posted this, especially on your forum.

Well at least on this forum it's Ottawa-specific. I'm more surprised that it was posted in the Hamilton forum. There's no reason to do it other than to incite one-sided fan-bashing. But at least, as you state, very few people took the low-hanging fruit.
All-Star

by noback » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 pm

You are right Spike
it is NOT all Ticat fans - most are great fans just like us RedBlacks fans :thup:
Starter

by noback » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:08 pm

CRFadmin wrote:
. But at least, as you state, very few people took the low-hanging fruit.

I haven't been 12 years old in a long long time :lol:
Starter

by bobo8224 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:46 pm

spike wrote:

In another thread Slimjim suggests we are making a big deal of the airport thing over on the Cats forum but so far it is just Grover, maybe another Cat fan and a visiting BC and Argo fan who have said negative things. There are 4 posts from Cats fans including mine that say there is nothing to criticize. Ottawa fans are good fans.

Your call, but it might be better if we all concentrated on the poster and not the poster's team. So if I write something you think is bad, blame me, not all Ti-cat fans.

In defense of Grover I think all he was doing was basically proving a point and it was basically payback to the SlimJim man for his posting of the Ellingson TD all over our forum which Jimbo can spin doctor all he wants he knows he was just TROLLING and sh!t disturbing by doing it. It would be no different then if I posted the picture of Burris crying in the dressing room with his head in his hands after the game in this forum. I know it wouldn't be appreciated by you REDBLACK fans and it would be certainly rubbing it in and unneccessary and definitely Trolling in another teams forum , which was exactly what Jimbo was doing in our forum when he posted that gif of that TD multiple times on multiple threads.

To answer Noback......NO contrary to popular believe there is not two sets of rules on these forums,one for us Ti-Cat fans and one for the other 8 teams. Simply put Jimbo knows better and has been trolling in our forum all year masquerading as a true Cat fan when we all know he's NOT. Remember one thing here Noback and that is that Jimbo fired the first salvo NOT Grover. By the way not to change the subject by I see you corrected yourself in another thread about Kevin Glenn and his playing on ONLY 3 teams not 4. :) :thup:

I also have to agree with Spike when he says concentrate on the poster and not the poster's team. Which in case anybody hasn't noticed in here is exactly what this Ti-Cat fan(myself) has done with that poser SlimJim :P I haven't attacked or responded negatively to any other REDBLACK fans and have in fact complimented you as a fan base and feel I have a good rapport with most Ottawa fans.........all except Jimbo who I will continue to call out every time he steps out of line. :cowboy:
Cheers to you All :thup: Have a Safe off season and we will see ya again next year (hopefully in the EF for round 2) !!!
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
All-Star

Previous