Fan Events

Re: Fan Events

by QQ One-Nine » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:03 pm

Reminder sent out about the QB Club:

There’s nothing better than getting an insider’s perspective on the REDBLACKS, especially when you can grab a brew or two at the same time. The Ottawa REDBLACKS are hosting their first Quarterback Club of the season this Thursday, August 27 from 7-8 p.m. at the Senate Sports Tavern & Eatery.

The REDBLACKS Quarterback Club provides fans the chance to meet and interact with players and coaches in a town-hall style.

The evening will kick-off with a live TSN 1200 broadcast hosted Lee Versage and current REDBLACKS PA Announcer Mike Sutherland. #RNation will have the opportunity to ask questions and gain exclusive insight from QB Henry Burris and REC Brad Sinopoli.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early as space is limited. Throughout the evening, REDBLACKS mascot Big Joe and members of the REDBLACKS Cheer Team will be giving aways great door prizes.

So visit the Senate Sports Tavern & Eatery this Thursday from 7-8 p.m. and get all the REDBLACKS skinny before Sunday’s home game against Saskatchewan.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:24 am

Another QB Club Wednesday evening.

There’s nothing better than getting an insider’s perspective on the REDBLACKS, especially when you can grab a brew or two at the same time. The Ottawa REDBLACKS are hosting their second Quarterback Club of the season this Thursday, September 30 from 6-8 p.m. at Real Sports Bar & Grill.

The REDBLACKS Quarterback Club provides fans the chance to meet and interact with players and coaches in a town-hall style.

The evening will kick-off with a live TSN 1200 broadcast hosted Lee Versage and current REDBLACKS PA Announcer Mike Sutherland. #RNation will have the opportunity to ask questions and gain exclusive insight from receiver Chris Williams and CFL touchdown leader, RB Jeremiah Johnson.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early as space is limited. Throughout the evening, REDBLACKS mascot Big Joe and members of the REDBLACKS Cheer Team will be giving aways great door prizes.

So visit the Real Sports Bar & Grill Wednesday night from 6-8 p.m. and get all the REDBLACKS skinny before Thursday’s matchup against Montreal at TD Place.

Does anyone go to these? I have yet to do so. I assume they're well attended.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by noback » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Haven't been to one yet but hope to clear my schedule and get in on the fun tomorow :thup:

We used to go to the almost all the Rough Riders QB Clubs with my father back in the 80's and 90's, and they were always full. I would imagine they are just as much fun and well packed as they were back then. :wink:
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by QQ One-Nine » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:10 pm

noback wrote:Haven't been to one yet but hope to clear my schedule and get in on the fun tomorow :thup:

We used to go to the almost all the Rough Riders QB Clubs with my father back in the 80's and 90's, and they were always full. I would imagine they are just as much fun and well packed as they were back then. :wink:

Report back?
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:50 am

So at 15:40 yesterday, I get an e-mail about a pre-game party for 500 season ticket holders.

At 17:20, I get an e-mail stating that the event is full.

Oh well. Good problem to have! :thup:
All-Star

by noback » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:13 pm

CRFadmin wrote:So at 15:40 yesterday, I get an e-mail about a pre-game party for 500 season ticket holders.

yeah I replied 20 minutes after the email was sent and was FULL
they did say there was going to be more Fan Appreciation things going on before and after the game as well.

And on that note ............. I just received a call from the RedBlacks and was picked to be one of the fans to take a Jersey right off the back of the players after Saturday's game :rockin: :thup:
Starter

by QQ One-Nine » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm

noback wrote:
CRFadmin wrote:So at 15:40 yesterday, I get an e-mail about a pre-game party for 500 season ticket holders.

yeah I replied 20 minutes after the email was sent and was FULL
they did say there was going to be more Fan Appreciation things going on before and after the game as well.

And on that note ............. I just received a call from the RedBlacks and was picked to be one of the fans to take a Jersey right off the back of the players after Saturday's game :rockin: :thup:

Neat. I didn't know they called ahead. Let us know who you get.
All-Star

by noback » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:06 pm

yeah we saw everyone go down last year onto the field for autographs and picture
I too didn't know the fans that got the jerseys were picked BEFORE the game - I assumed it was first come for served kinda deal and we were in the upper deck so getting onto the filed before anyone was a no go :lol: .

My choice would be Pruneau, Munoz, Kanneh or Johnson but also wouldn't object to getting Whinny Hank's :wink: jersey for his record setting season !!! :thup:

I'll keep you posted -
are going to the game CFR? have no idea if live in Ottawa too
Starter

by QQ One-Nine » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:10 pm

noback wrote:yeah we saw everyone go down last year onto the field for autographs and picture
I too didn't know the fans that got the jerseys were picked BEFORE the game - I assumed it was first come for served kinda deal and we were in the upper deck so getting onto the filed before anyone was a no go :lol: .

My choice would be Pruneau, Munoz, Kanneh or Johnson but also wouldn't object to getting Whinny Hank's :wink: jersey for his record setting season !!! :thup:

I'll keep you posted -
are going to the game CFR? have no idea if live in Ottawa too

Fo shizzle, my red and black brother! :rockin: Season ticket holder up in QQ. :thup:
All-Star

by noback » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:22 pm

nice to know the people up behind us as we are in lower bowl section P
:wink:
Starter

by QQ One-Nine » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:58 pm

noback wrote:nice to know the people up behind us as we are in lower bowl section P

I'm front row. My friend's kid waves a southsiders flag usually after a big play. Throw me a wave some time, I'll look for ya.
All-Star

by noback » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:11 am

CRFadmin wrote:
noback wrote:nice to know the people up behind us as we are in lower bowl section P

I'm front row. My friend's kid waves a southsiders flag usually after a big play. Throw me a wave some time, I'll look for ya.

:thup: I'll look up and behind, I'll be wearing Rough Riders Jersey #53 with Holmes on the back
We have the "move" "those" "sticks" signs and RedBlacks Flag (sometimes two) and of course the horns and the bells and beer :)
Starter

by noback » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Hellova game this afternooon :thup:

Ended up getting the #75 jersey right off the back of DL Jonathan Williams :thup:

Anyway, pretty cool way how they did it. Everyone was given an envelope with a player number inside. I was one off from getting Hank's no.1 :wink:
Starter

by QQ One-Nine » Thu May 05, 2016 8:28 am

I assume at least some of you got the draft party invitation last night? Anyone entering the draw to attend? I'm a bit undecided.
All-Star

by noback » Thu May 05, 2016 6:55 pm

I did get the email too but think I'll pass on it myself :?
Starter

PreviousNext