Bring Back the Rough Riders Uniforms & Helmets !

Re: Bring Back the Rough Riders Uniforms & Helmets !

by ottawacat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:27 am

To my eye, the RBs improved their uniform look, both home and away, by wearing the their Signature pants in both the Eastern Final and the Grey Cup. In the latter, combining them with the away jersey and home helmet made for their best ever look, IMO.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 am

ottawacat wrote:To my eye, the RBs improved their uniform look, both home and away, by wearing the their Signature pants in both the Eastern Final and the Grey Cup. In the latter, combining them with the away jersey and home helmet made for their best ever look, IMO.

Yeah, honestly, I was surprised at how good that looked. We'll see what happens with Adidas but if they wanted to continue with something like that I think it would go over quite well. All the feedback I've seen, anyway, has been positive.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:09 am

ottawacat wrote:To my eye, the RBs improved their uniform look, both home and away, by wearing the their Signature pants in both the Eastern Final and the Grey Cup. In the latter, combining them with the away jersey and home helmet made for their best ever look, IMO.

I have to agree about the black helmets, HUGE improvement and look. The team should ditch the white helmet look next season and just stick to the darker black helmet look for both home and away. I mean they are called the REDBLACKS afterall not the WHITEBLACKS.

Actually I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this or not but the Ottawa unis are very similar to the Rutgers College unis.
Perhaps they could adopt the red "R" logo on the helmets for next year.

ImageImage
Last edited by bobo82 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by mick87 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:12 am

To my eye, the RBs improved their uniform look, both home and away, by wearing the their Signature pants in both the Eastern Final and the Grey Cup. In the latter, combining them with the away jersey and home helmet made for their best ever look, IMO.

Completely agree. I thought the combination looked great.

I wonder if Addidas will make plaid slightly more prominent on the new jerseys. The "lumberjoe" movement has really caught on. I myself went from having zero red/black plaid items, to several. :roll:

The team should ditch the white helmet look next season and just stick to the darker black helmet look for both home and away.

Exactly what I was thinking.

That and...plaid helmets. :lol:
Rookie

by slimjim2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:59 am

mick87 wrote:

Completely agree. I thought the combination looked great.

I wonder if Addidas will make plaid slightly more prominent on the new jerseys. The "lumberjoe" movement has really caught on. I myself went from having zero red/black plaid items, to several. :roll:

The team should ditch the white helmet look next season and just stick to the darker black helmet look for both home and away.

Exactly what I was thinking.

That and...plaid helmets. :lol:

The black helmets should be used for home and away. In my opinion they should just have one uniform, the "home" dark use it for home and away. The wearing of white shirts on the road and dark at home dates back to the days of black and white television, now it's just become a tradition. I don't think it would make any difference to the fans, TV audience or players if Ottawa was playing on the road with their black jerseys even against teams with black jerseys like Hamilton or Calgary.
Why is Calgary wearing black jerseys anyway when their colours are Red and White??
All-Star

by noback » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Gotta agree with you guys :thup: NO MORE WHITE HELMETS and NO to PLAID HELMETS :roll:

and yeah it pisses me off when Calgary wears Black unis. All this would not have happened if Ottawa had a team when they came out with them. No way Ottawa would have "allowed" a color change to "OUR" colors!!
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by mick87 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Gotta agree with you guys :thup: NO MORE WHITE HELMETS and NO to PLAID HELMETS :roll:

Definitely not plaid helmets. 'Twas a joke.
Rookie

by noback » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:32 am

they never actually made any of the plaid helmets. Only saw pictures. They said the Reebok could not get the pattern done right so they abandoned it right away which was great!! :lol:

BUT what happens if Adidas CAN get it done right???? :oops:
Starter

by Hank01 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:26 am

A plaid stripe somewhere even the piping might make the uniform unique just not a large amount as it clashes horribly . The helmet was just awful maybe it was going to be used to fire up the other team or confuse them to think that we wear our shirts over our helmets.
All-Star

by Ottawa_Rough_Riders » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:20 pm

bobo82 wrote:

I have to agree about the black helmets, HUGE improvement and look. The team should ditch the white helmet look next season and just stick to the darker black helmet look for both home and away. I mean they are called the REDBLACKS afterall not the WHITEBLACKS.

Actually I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this or not but the Ottawa unis are very similar to the Rutgers College unis.

I like it. I agree also with Hank01. Leave the plaid to a minimum.
Knock Em Cold, In the Cold ! (Jack Gotta circa 1973)

Veteran

by brihind88 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:52 am

Ottawa_Rough_Riders wrote:In response to Red Head's » 10 Jan, 2015 entitled " Where Is Everybody ?" I'll have to post my usual rant for the RedBlacks to adopt the Ottawa Rough Riders uniforms with the Big White R without the saw blade. C'mon RedBLacks make my dream come true. No kidding, when the Ottawa franchise was dead and gone about 8 years ago, I had a dream that I was at Lansdowne Park watching the Rough Riders play again as a new team with the familiar Russ Jackson and Tony Gabriel "R" on the helmet. I know, call me crazy, but I actually had a dream like this. When I woke up I actually thought, " That's never going to happen. Let's hope it comes true !!!!

Please just be glad you have your team back. Darn good one at that.
The logo is still an R, and the saw blade does not detract .

I wish the my Stamps would go back to the red helmet on the road. The black helmet and red pants make them look like the 80's Ott RR's.

The best you can hope for is a retro jersey for a couple of games.
They will not go back permanent though. The RedBlacks have chosen the design.

Live with it and cheer for your team.
All-Star

by Ottawa_Rough_Riders » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 pm

bobo82 wrote:

ImageImage

Love those Rutgers helmets. All the the RedBlacks need to do is put a big white R with a red outline and do the same with the numbers.
Knock Em Cold, In the Cold ! (Jack Gotta circa 1973)

Veteran

by bobo82 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:39 pm

how about this for a look ? I mean if the Stamps can wear black helmets then what's stopping you guys from wearing red helmets with your white signature "R" ? 8) Just picture this helmet alongside a black based jersey with white numbers,red trim and interchangeable alternating red and/or white pants with black piping. I think it would look sharp and would definitely scream and say we are the REDBLACKS !!! :)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by slimjim2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:18 am

bobo82 wrote:how about this for a look ? I mean if the Stamps can wear black helmets then what's stopping you guys from wearing red helmets with your white signature "R" ? 8) Just picture this helmet alongside a black based jersey with white numbers,red trim and interchangeable alternating red and/or white pants with black piping. I think it would look sharp and would definitely scream and say we are the REDBLACKS !!! :)

No, Ottawa have the Black helmets. The Stamps should have their Red helmets, their colours are the Red and White not Red and Black. Let them wear that red helmet and put a big " S" on it or maybe a big "C" for a change
All-Star

by noback » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Exactly!
I hate watching Calgary play when they wear the black uniforms, and then there's the BC Lions wearing black as well :x

Maybe when Ottawa left the league, everyone thought it was open house on our colours???

:lol:
Starter

PreviousNext