Hometown: Kearney, NE | School: Nebraska

- International quarterback Danny Collins
HT: 6-3 | WT: 214 lbs | Age: 23
Hometown: Williamstown, NJ | School: Maine

- National offensive lineman Daniel Hayes
HT: 6-4 | WT: 304 lbs | Age: 23
Hometown: Waterloo, ON | School: Queen's

RELEASED:

- International kicker Ray Early (Furman)

I admit I'm not wild about that move. Early did everything that was asked of him, I thought, but apparently he was inconsistent in camp. But I don't recall Maher being the poster boy for consistency either. At least see if Maher is worthwhile.

Maher only played during the inaugaral season and was a rookie then spent the entire 2015 season injured.
He kicked 41 FGs for the Ticats and a 46 yard punt average. I'll take the Maher from last season.
All-Star

Re: 2017 Transactions

by jamie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:14 pm

How did Tate get hurt?
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:27 pm

jamie wrote:How did Tate get hurt?

Concussion - Helmet to Helmet by a Ticat lineman.
Can you imagine if it was a Ticat QB that received the helmet to helmet they would be crying foul and dirty all over these boards.
All-Star

by noback » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:39 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
jamie wrote:How did Tate get hurt?

Concussion - Helmet to Helmet by a Ticat lineman.
Can you imagine if it was a Ticat QB that received the helmet to helmet they would be crying foul and dirty all over these boards.

and the hit was LATE
AFTER Tate had already slid into 35 yrd line :?
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by jamie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks guys. Poor Tate. Just can't stay healthy. I still think he has game but this is too bad. Volatile guy with a concussion could spell the end for him on the field.
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:54 am

jamie wrote:Thanks guys. Poor Tate. Just can't stay healthy. I still think he has game but this is too bad. Volatile guy with a concussion could spell the end for him on the field.

The thing is ANY QB that receives a helmet to helmet must go through the concussion protocol. The only positive about this is that by the time the season starts he will have 2 weeks recovery.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 am

slimjim2 wrote:
jamie wrote:Thanks guys. Poor Tate. Just can't stay healthy. I still think he has game but this is too bad. Volatile guy with a concussion could spell the end for him on the field.

The thing is ANY QB that receives a helmet to helmet must go through the concussion protocol. The only positive about this is that by the time the season starts he will have 2 weeks recovery.

Campbell seems to think he'll be fine...
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:49 am

Missed two earlier in the week. Not sure if they were announced.

OTT ADD INT Adrian HUBBARD (DL) Alabama
OTT ADD INT Adrian JAMES (DB) Texas El Paso

Hubbard could be a good get this late in pre-season. Three games with Winnipeg last year, 2 tackles on special teams, 2 on defense, a sack and a forced fumble. :thup: Alabama guy so played against good competition and was probably well-coached.

On the other hand, he's available for a reason... :|
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 pm

QQ One-Nine wrote:Missed two earlier in the week. Not sure if they were announced.

OTT ADD INT Adrian HUBBARD (DL) Alabama
OTT ADD INT Adrian JAMES (DB) Texas El Paso

Hubbard could be a good get this late in pre-season. Three games with Winnipeg last year, 2 tackles on special teams, 2 on defense, a sack and a forced fumble. :thup: Alabama guy so played against good competition and was probably well-coached.

On the other hand, he's available for a reason... :|

And he was cut this evening. Lol...
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Looks like Shakir Bell is out. The team won't announce all the cuts until tomorrow, according to Tim Baines, but we should hear a few of them throughout the day.

My guess is that draft pick Ed Ilnicky makes it at running back/special teams. Good for him. :thup:
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 pm

QQ One-Nine wrote:Looks like Shakir Bell is out. The team won't announce all the cuts until tomorrow, according to Tim Baines, but we should hear a few of them throughout the day.

My guess is that draft pick Ed Ilnicky makes it at running back/special teams. Good for him. :thup:

No Ed Ilnicky released too along with

: WR Daniel Adams, DB Javier Arenas, OL Randy Beardy, DL John Biewald, OL Pierce Burton, DB Armagedon Draughn, DL Mathieu Dupuis, OL Jordan Filippelli, WR Tori Gurley, OL Daniel Hayes, DL Adrian Hubbard, DB Adrian James, WR Daje Johnson, WR Vernon Johnson, OL Lene Maiava, WR Bilal Marshall, DB Doug Moss, DL Darryl Paulo, LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, DL Greg Townsend, QB Austin Trainor, DL Mike Wakefield, WR Riley Wilson

Powell and Madu as running backs.
Shaw returning punts
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
QQ One-Nine wrote:Looks like Shakir Bell is out. The team won't announce all the cuts until tomorrow, according to Tim Baines, but we should hear a few of them throughout the day.

No Ed Ilnicky released too along with

: WR Daniel Adams, DB Javier Arenas, OL Randy Beardy, DL John Biewald, OL Pierce Burton, DB Armagedon Draughn, DL Mathieu Dupuis, OL Jordan Filippelli, WR Tori Gurley, OL Daniel Hayes, DL Adrian Hubbard, DB Adrian James, WR Daje Johnson, WR Vernon Johnson, OL Lene Maiava, WR Bilal Marshall, DB Doug Moss, DL Darryl Paulo, LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, DL Greg Townsend, QB Austin Trainor, DL Mike Wakefield, WR Riley Wilson

Powell and Madu as running backs.
Shaw returning punts

I'm going to add the practice roster guys here.

ADDED TO PRACTICE ROSTER:
- International defensive back Sherrod Baltimore
- International linebacker Kevin Brown
- International quarterback Danny Collins
- International defensive lineman Avery Ellis
- National receiver Austen Hartley
- National linebacker Kevin Jackson
- International offensive lineman Eric Lofton
- International receiver Dominique Rhymes
- International offensive lineman Ryan Schmidt
- International defensive back Corey Tindal

Hopefully Ilnicky has eligibility left, returns to school and is back next year.

I'm bummed about Daje Johnson being let go. I have no idea what they see in Stangby and I find it hard to believe he beat out Johnson and Gurley. Apparently, he and Spencer will be the return men, but that's based on media types. Campbell listed Shaw as an option as well, and CB AJ Jefferson.

And so much for Paulo, eh? Had been in the starting lineup and played plenty, but still among the cuts. I wonder if he was offered a practice roster spot that he refused? Steven Miller was the starting DE at practice today.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Read last night that Daje Johnson hurt his ribs diving for that ball against Hamilton. I think he was released so the team wouldn't have to pay him while he's unavailable. But it wouldn't surprise me if he was brought back. Hope so.
All-Star

by noback » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:08 pm

OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have signed former second round draft pick Wayne Moore along with six others, the team announced Tuesday.
Moore, a 25-year-old running back, was picked 11th overall in the 2016 CFL Draft by the Montreal Alouettes after a polished career at McMaster.
The 6-foot, 220-pound back was released by the Als following training camp.

The REDBLACKS also announced the following transactions:

SIGNED:
– International receiver Cody Hoffman
HT: 6-4 | WT: 210 lbs | Age: 26
Hometown: Crescent City, CA | School: Brigham Young
– National offensive lineman Zachary Intzandt
HT: 6-4 | WT: 313  lbs | Age: 23
Hometown: London, ON | School: McMaster
– International offensive lineman Armando Bonheur
HT: 6-2 | WT: 305 lbs | Age: 23
Hometown: Orange Park, FL | School: Samford
– National linebacker Josh Brinkworth
HT: 6-1 | WT: 205 lbs | Age: 24
Hometown: Elk Grove, CA | School: Pacific
– International defensive back Adrian James
HT: 6-0 | WT: 195 lbs | Age: 25
Hometown: Dallas, TX | School: Texas – El Paso
– International receiver DeMarcus Thompson
HT: 6-6 | WT: 248 lbs | Age: 25
Hometown: DeSoto, TX | School: Abilene Christian

RELEASED: 
– International defensive lineman Jason Ankrah (Nebraska)
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by slimjim2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:35 am

They pick up Moore another big Canadian blocking back. The already have Gillanders, Lavoie and Gosselin the 245 pound back. I can see Gillanders and Lavoie keeping their jobs, will Moore be battling Gosselin?
Maybe they want him for special teams.
All-Star

PreviousNext