Montreal @ Ottawa (Aug 19)

Montreal @ Ottawa (Aug 19)

by mick87 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:08 am

Offence
  • Lauzon-Seguin moves to LG, Silas back at RT with Draheim back in as relief. Deane dressing, but showing 3rd on depth chart at LG. Apparently he's a little banged up.
  • LaFrance at RB, Gillanders in behind Lavoie at FB, T. Jackson back in at PR & KR (and backup CB)

Defence
  • Same starters on the D-line as last week, still no Whiteside. Cohen out and #96 Karlen is in, 3 deep at DE behind Williams and Hazel.
  • De Koning out and Boyett moves from Safety to LB behind Hinds.
  • Clairborne out, replaced by Kanneh.
Rookie

Re: Montreal @ Ottawa (Aug 19)

by QQ One-Nine » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:25 am

J'Mouchoir Deane is "banged up" from taking too many holding calls, if anything. I don't for a moment believe that his demotion is injury-related. That's a face-saving measure.

All Canadian backfield! :thup:
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by mick87 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:58 am

J'Mouchoir Deane is "banged up" from taking too many holding calls, if anything. I don't for a moment believe that his demotion is injury-related. That's a face-saving measure.

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking. Waaaay to many holding calls, aka drive killers.
Rookie

by mick87 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Well that was disastrous. Looked like year 1 REDBLACKS. :thdn: :thdn:

At least they only disappointed the second best crowd in REDBLACKS history.
Rookie

by rcon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:20 pm

I am generally not critical with the CFL, but after that blatant facemask by Carter that was not called even after the play is reviewed because of a touchdown and then was challenged, I have to say WTF!!! The "Eye in the Sky", was put in there for blantent bad calls by on-field officials. I haven't seen once this year, that the "Eye in the Sky" has overturned a call, eventhough there has been quite a few bad calls by officials this year. Dear CFL, if you are going to tout this "Eye in the Sky", please use it! :thdn: :thdn:
All-Star

by Hank01 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:01 pm

The Ottawa team's week off vacation stole some hunger from the players and softened the coaches ability to
get the team up to game day ready execution . Montreal were hungrier and more inspired to play on mass than the
Redblacks .

The lone exception was the fantastic Hail Mary (60 - 70 yard throw in the air ?) at the half then the team went on vacation again the second half .
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:08 am

Hank01 wrote:The Ottawa team's week off vacation stole some hunger from the players and softened the coaches ability to
get the team up to game day ready execution . Montreal were hungrier and more inspired to play on mass than the
Redblacks .

The lone exception was the fantastic Hail Mary (60 - 70 yard throw in the air ?) at the half then the team went on vacation again the second half .

We were saying that in the first quarter. They looked bored and lifeless. Rare for that team. You're probably right that they got a little complacent.

And I know that Nik Lewis has made quite a few people look bad during his career, but I was embarrassed for Antoine Pruneau. He looked like he had no business being on that field.

That said, Montreal seemed to have a good game plan that Ottawa never adjusted to for any length of time. If Ottawa had ended up winning somehow, I'm not sure it would have been very satisfying.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:10 pm

According to AJ Jakubec, Pruneau is off the starting defense but will contribute on special teams. Wow.

On one replay, he looked to me as though he was limping slightly. More like a hip injury than a knee of ankle. But if you're covering kicks, I doubt you're that badly off.

I believe Boyett will replace him.
All-Star

by mick87 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Sad to see Pruneau get bumped, but at the same time, happy to see Boyett get a chance to start. The guy always seems to be around the ball. Aggressive and a tackle machine in his limited time playing. I hope he can keep it up.
Rookie