Cards versus tickets ?

Cards versus tickets ?

by Hank01 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:43 am

I received the cards the other day for the season would have preferred being given an option on paper tickets .
All-Star

Re: Cards versus tickets ?

by QQ One-Nine » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:14 am

I should be there nice and early today. We'll see how this goes. The card works better for me, assuming that it actually DOES work at the stadium. I'm not interested in being the one who helps them get the wrinkles out.

I may use it towards merchandise purchase as well. We'll see.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 am

After I walked in last night, one of the staff asked me my opinion of the card. Anyone else have that experience? I can't imagine he was just making conversation (although it did seem like he might be hitting on me a little... :oops: )
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by Hank01 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks CRF I just never like relying on the printer /internet /computer when giving them away when I can't make it .

It is the way of the future so I guess I better get with it .
All-Star

by noback » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:14 am

Not a fan of the card
it may be the way of the future but some of us rather have the paper tickets :?
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by Gub » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 am

I definitely prefer the tickets over the card, and here's the primary reason. If I can't make it to a game, and I want to give my 'ticket' (card) to a friend, I've got to give him/her the card, and then make sure I get the card back from him/her. This can be a pain, and if you forget to get the card back...it's panic time just before the next home game!
With printed tickets, you just give them to your friend, and it's done.
Football is back in Ottawa! This time it's here to stay!
Practice Squad

by QQ One-Nine » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:14 am

Gub wrote:I definitely prefer the tickets over the card, and here's the primary reason. If I can't make it to a game, and I want to give my 'ticket' (card) to a friend, I've got to give him/her the card, and then make sure I get the card back from him/her. This can be a pain, and if you forget to get the card back...it's panic time just before the next home game!
With printed tickets, you just give them to your friend, and it's done.

That's actually not the case. That was a concern from the moment that the cards were announced.

You can send an attachment to your friend for him or her to print and take to the stadium. You don't have to hand over your card at all.

What I found out yesterday is that you need to send it to a different e-mail address than your own. If you try to send it to yourself to print and give to someone, it won't work. But it will work with any e-mail address than your own.

The cards came with an instruction booklet. All that should be in there.
All-Star