Site functionality & bug report list (report issues here)

Re: Site functionality & bug report list (report issues here

by Linden53 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:35 pm

The site seems to be working OK - Cheers
Veteran

by CatsFaninOttawa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:02 am

CatsFaninOttawa wrote:It appears that the link to the forums has disappeared from the menu at the top of the CFL main site again. It's still available at the bottom of the page, although a little tough to see with the small font size.

It's back under the News dropdown.

Thanks.
All-Star

by DisplacedCatsFan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:56 am

Is there any way to keep the Transactions and Team Roster pages up-to-date?
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath
All-Star

by CatsFaninOttawa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:39 am

DisplacedCatsFan wrote:Is there any way to keep the Transactions and Team Roster pages up-to-date?

I'm guessing from some of Sully's previous posts that those would be the responsibility of the teams for the rosters, and the league office for the transaction page, as these are content issues, not structure issues.

Perhaps if we bombard the teams and league with these requests, they will realize that they're important to us fans.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:37 am

Box Score Comments and Requests

1) Like before the site overhaul, it would be great on the Box Score to be able to click on any player's name to pull up his page and career stats.

2) Why is the default sort of yardage by category not from high to low as it has been throughout gridiron box score history? Defence should be sorted analogous from high to low for defensive tackles too.

Average yardage for punting was missing before, so good catch in adding that stat. :thup:
All-Star

by sully » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Paolo X wrote:Box Score Comments and Requests

1) Like before the site overhaul, it would be great on the Box Score to be able to click on any player's name to pull up his page and career stats.

2) Why is the default sort of yardage by category not from high to low as it has been throughout gridiron box score history? Defence should be sorted analogous from high to low for defensive tackles too.

Average yardage for punting was missing before, so good catch in adding that stat. :thup:

1. I'll have to dive a bit deeper into the player URLs issue; strange that it's not activating links right now.

2. Must've introduced a bug on the sorting; it's back to normal now. For Defence I put the question to our stats guru a while ago and we're sticking with sorting on TT, I believe. (Edit: Sorry, forgot what page we're talking about; for the Box Score it should now be sorting properly on DT.)
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.
Site Staff

by Paolo X » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Great work on the box score and associated stats again Sully! :thup:

The improvements in the stats and categories are outstanding and go beyond the previous site's box scores. :thup:

Now there remains only that URL issue as you have cited below.

On the matter of entire game highlight videos, there is the following issue.

In the past, the game video highlights were accessible easily in at least two places:
1) Via the scoreboard via a link
2) Via the schedule via a link

Now the game highlights are accessible via Quick View and then either the Recap or Videos page if not in other non-standard places on the home page.

After a few days it takes two or three clicks to get to them. Why not make the links as readily accessible as before?

The highlight action sells the league as well as anything, so why not make those links
A) More readily accessible like in the past and
B) In the very same locations for each game like in the past?
All-Star

by kwikkyd » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:15 pm

I've just signed in, and the page did not look like the regular page that accepts new topics and posts. The 'new topics' tab was not there. Is it me or the site. Thanks for your time
Starter

by kwikkyd » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:31 pm

kwikkyd wrote:I've just signed in, and the page did not look like the regular page that accepts new topics and posts. The 'new topics' tab was not there. Is it me or the site. Thanks for your time

I've just found out that if I enter the site via 'CFL Talk' there is the tab for 'Post a new topic', but if I enter through 'View active topics', which I normally do, I don't see the 'Post' tab
Starter

by ottawacat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:52 am

Where did the depth charts go?
Sometime, since the last Tiger-Cat game on July 23rd, the link to them, under the Menu list, has disappeared.
On a positive note, it's great to see the Roster accurate (as it was for the July 23rd. game).
All-Star

by bobo82 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:02 am

ottawacat just beat me to the punch. I was just wondering the exact same thing. What has happened to the depth charts section on the Ti-Cat home page ? I noticed that a link has been added for the forum but the link is now gone for the game day depth and roster chart.So how about it Sully ? can you possible give us an explanation or has it been moved elsewhere that we're not aware of. :?
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by jonny24eh » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:16 pm

I created a new account, as I did not want to miss out on this weeks VGCC and I am locked out of my regular account (jonny24).

As posted here, I was having problems logging in on certain computers/phones. At first it was saying "maximum attempts exceeded", and recently "incorrect password was specified".

I then tried following the "forgot password" link, entered my username and email, and was told it would send me an email. I did this twice and never received an email.

I should still be able to get into my old account when I'm back in the office next week, but for now I'll have to use this.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat'em raw!
Starter

by CatsFaninOttawa » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:02 pm

ottawacat wrote:Where did the depth charts go?
Sometime, since the last Tiger-Cat game on July 23rd, the link to them, under the Menu list, has disappeared.
On a positive note, it's great to see the Roster accurate (as it was for the July 23rd. game).

Not sure when they reappeared, but the depth charts are back now.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:38 am

Sully, great work on the Box Scores and on the Play-By-Play summaries and consistency on locating the recap and highlight videos.

The URL issue to link to each player's page lingers. Any fix coming? That link sure makes it easy to check up on any player's performance at any given point of the season from any game summary page you know.

Otherwise, it looks like now you might want to check the data feed for Field Goals, for only that data are not loading as is the case for the last game Montreal at Edmonton Thursday 11 August.
All-Star

by habcat1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:27 am

Sully I had to create a new login

For some reason I can't login or get a new password

old user name is habcat
Formerly habcat
Practice Squad

PreviousNext