Remaining free agents likely hitting open market

Re: Remaining free agents likely hitting open market

by CFL4U » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Great move Ottawa, getting Harris in the fold. Burris to Harris transition year. Who wouldn't want that tandem.

Ottawa WON ... Toronto ZERO
Rookie

by QQ One-Nine » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:26 pm

mick87 wrote:
Yeah, I'm kind of eager for that to be made official

Just saw a quick clip on Twitter from Desjardin officially welcoming Harris to the team. What a great pick up.
Also saw that Jovon may be heading to Montreal. He also posted a comment in the past tense with regards to playing in Ottawa.

Looks like that's done too. Kind of too bad but it's not like he was going to be here for another half decade.

Have not heard a thing about Brandyn Thompson. Good young player. Hope (for us) he's flying under the radar and signs back.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by mick87 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Have not heard a thing about Brandyn Thompson. Good young player. Hope (for us) he's flying under the radar and signs back.

Exactly what I'm hoping for. That would be a win for us.
Rookie

by mick87 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:39 pm

@REDBLACKS are proud to announce the signing of DE Arnaud Gascon-Nadon @AGN45...welcome/bienvenue to the National Capital and #RNation
Rookie

by QQ One-Nine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 pm

DeMarco, Thomas
Green, James
Henry, Marcus
Marshall, Andrew
Smith, Marlon
Thompson, Brandyn
Verdone, Jordan

Think we're getting any of these guys back?

Marcus Henry drove me nuts in 2014 with all the drops and what not, but I look at Toronto's young receivers from last year...They all did pretty great under Elizondo's guidance. Henry isn't really in a position to demand high $$. Maybe getting him back wouldn't be the worst thing.

Thompson's the only other guy I care about.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Looks like Andrew Marshall is back.

If special teams aren't any better in 2016 I'm going to kill myself.
All-Star

by mick87 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:04 pm

If special teams aren't any better in 2016 I'm going to kill myself.

:lol: Could they possibly get any worse?
Rookie

by QQ One-Nine » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:04 am

Tim Baines mentioned on Twitter last night that Brandyn Thompson isn't even sure he wants to return to the CFL. Hoping for an NFL opportunity but unsure about whether he want to continue in the CLF regardless due to the exchange rate.

Thanks a lot, Justin! :wink:
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:37 pm

James Green goes to Calgary.
All-Star

Previous