Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by Hank01 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:39 am

Now that we are doing well on the field what new things can we add to make it a great night or day at the stadium.

I would like to see new concessions in the east endzone path such as a coffee/hot chocolate stand with reusable Redblack cups , hotdog cart , rum hut (see Winnipeg) and a second replay screen .
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by QQ One-Nine » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:47 am

Hank01 wrote:Now that we are doing well on the field what new things can we add to make it a great night or day at the stadium.

I would like to see new concessions in the east endzone path such as a coffee/hot chocolate stand with reusable Redblack cups , hotdog cart , rum hut (see Winnipeg) and a second replay screen .


I'd just like the stadium to open a little earlier. I know they like to keep folks herded near the "tailgate" area for a while but I'm not too much into that. All I want is to get to my seat.

The food selection was reduced from years one to two. Now probably that's a demand thing, so they can't be criticized too much for that. But there are not a lot of options in the south upper deck.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:41 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by Ottawa_Rough_Riders » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:53 pm

I would like to see them move the big screen to the east end zone. I find it is akwardly positioned where it is. I woould also like to see them put additional end zone seating to close it in a bit and open up the upper Northside stand upper concourse to the roof area to unclogg the traffic. It's impossible to get around. The old stadium had more seating and was more open, Hunt and OSEG seem to really like herding people.
Knock Em Cold, In the Cold ! (Jack Gotta circa 1973)

Image
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 11:12 am

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by mick87 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:29 pm

I'd like to see a second screen in the east end zone, doesn't have to be as large. I'm pretty happy with most aspects of the stadium and concessions, although the price of beer is ridiculous. (I suppose the steep price keeps me from getting too....vocal....which is a good thing 8) )
The one major complaint I have is the pedestrian bridge at the northeast end of the field. After the game, it can be painfully slow getting out of the south stands if you're heading toward the buses or the bike check. I doubt they'd spend the money to widen the bridge, but maybe open a spot in the fence so people can walk down the hill.
User avatar
Rookie
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by noback » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:32 am

Totally agree on that foot bridge from the Southside. Way too small to heard us over to the buses. I would have opened another gate in the south east corner of the stadium which would take us behind or over the hill where everyone watches the game for free :)

also might be a good idea to put a second smoking section in that same south east corner to keep halftime smokers from going from the east south corner through the concourse areas - which would also help congestion for half time concessions. :roll:

I also agree with CFR to open earlier so we can go to our seats rather than the bottle neck in the west end zone :?
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by QQ One-Nine » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:14 am

A second screen is probably more likely than moving the original one. Awkward as it can be for some, I think it's positioned there so they can advertise on the other side of it to the people walking on Bank street.

As for the bridge, it could be a bit better. Of course some of it is caused by people who suddenly hit the brakes to chat or enjoy the view. :?

When they let people on the field, do they let them leave through the path under that bridge? I've never noticed because I go out the other end.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:41 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by noback » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:01 am

CRFadmin wrote:When they let people on the field, do they let them leave through the path under that bridge? I've never noticed because I go out the other end.


The few times we went down onto the field - I never saw it open and we went back up the way we got there. 8)
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by QQ One-Nine » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:23 am

noback wrote:
CRFadmin wrote:When they let people on the field, do they let them leave through the path under that bridge? I've never noticed because I go out the other end.


The few times we went down onto the field - I never saw it open and we went back up the way we got there. 8)


That's...kind of dumb. It would make things SO much easier...
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:41 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by Hank01 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:39 pm

When the bridge arrived I was happy because it connected the stadium ; however when I saw it in person I was taken
back by how narrow it was for the stadium size . The pathway should also be enlarged . I am surprised they were able to get away with this because usually emergency exits require a standard so people do not get trampled . They must have gotten (sorry) away with this by saying they will open the gates below the bridge and around the hill during emergencies .

If they do ever put up a second screen in the east end I hope it would be the same size and quality as the west end . The clarity of the screen has been so far fantastic and I am impressed with the replay quality so far.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by slimjim2 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Hank01 wrote:When the bridge arrived I was happy because it connected the stadium ; however when I saw it in person I was taken
back by how narrow it was for the stadium size . The pathway should also be enlarged . I am surprised they were able to get away with this because usually emergency exits require a standard so people do not get trampled . They must have gotten (sorry) away with this by saying they will open the gates below the bridge and around the hill during emergencies .

If they do ever put up a second screen in the east end I hope it would be the same size and quality as the west end . The clarity of the screen has been so far fantastic and I am impressed with the replay quality so far.


I wouldn't complain about the bridge, in the old days there was no way that you could get between the north side and south side, if you had a north side ticket and tried to get access to the south side you would be turned away. You couldn't walk around the stadium at all.
I am sure that with the new walkway in an emergency they would just cut off access to the bridge, there is no reason that fans on the south or north side would have to cross the bridge.
As for improvements I would like to see a patio area with a bar built above the Bank St end zone, similar to what they have at THF
All-Star
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by Hank01 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:29 pm

I like the bridge it should have been built bigger that's all . SlimJim they never close exits in emergencies why would you say that .
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by Hank01 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Sat for the first time in my new ST seats section J . Ouch .

The speaker level is low for the announcer couldn't make out what he was saying . The scoreboard replay is at a ridiculous angle and just too far way . The thing I never realized is the amount of people walking up and down the stairs blocking the view is very annoying . I never had that problem before but this is the first time sitting in this section ever and that is since 1974 . I guess I get what I paid for is my new motto (this year only) .

Looking at the stadium I think a standing suppourter section about 5 to 7 rows with either a bar or a couple of rows of seats on top would fill in the east end zone nicely . It would blend well with the Fury team . Something like Regina is doing or Celtic . I know it's more of a soccer thing but even Edmonton did it this year .

Also place another proper replay screen in the East end it would give a better experience at the game .
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by slimjim2 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Hank01 wrote:Sat for the first time in my new ST seats section J . Ouch .

The speaker level is low for the announcer couldn't make out what he was saying . The scoreboard replay is at a ridiculous angle and just too far way . The thing I never realized is the amount of people walking up and down the stairs blocking the view is very annoying . I never had that problem before but this is the first time sitting in this section ever and that is since 1974 . I guess I get what I paid for is my new motto (this year only) .

Looking at the stadium I think a standing suppourter section about 5 to 7 rows with either a bar or a couple of rows of seats on top would fill in the east end zone nicely . It would blend well with the Fury team . Something like Regina is doing or Celtic . I know it's more of a soccer thing but even Edmonton did it this year .

Also place another proper replay screen in the East end it would give a better experience at the game .


We were sitting on the upper deck south side closest to the condo tower. I am sure all of the people that were in the condo building would have liked a video screen at the east end, they can only see the back of it.
I like the look of the new Subaru patio. It would be nice to have one on the other end.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by mjolnir77 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:26 pm

I agree with the second screen idea. Must of been just a money thing. Laughed when i read that in the old days you couldn't get from the north side to the south side...That's because there would be to many fights. lol. Especially when the ti cats came to town, extra security were brought in. At least the team is having a great year and the experience is wonderful, especially for the people who remembers the days when we couldn't give away tickets before the closing. Good luck on the great year you have going.
Rookie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by slimjim2 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:40 pm

mjolnir77 wrote:I agree with the second screen idea. Must of been just a money thing. Laughed when i read that in the old days you couldn't get from the north side to the south side...That's because there would be to many fights. lol. Especially when the ti cats came to town, extra security were brought in. At least the team is having a great year and the experience is wonderful, especially for the people who remembers the days when we couldn't give away tickets before the closing. Good luck on the great year you have going.


That's right, I remember trying to enter the stadium through the south side gate but was turned away because my ticket was on the north side. We weren't allowed to see what the view was like from the upper deck.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests