Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

Re: Concessions and attractions you want at the stadium

by ridersordie » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Better food, I want to eat ribs with my entertainment!! :rockin:
Rookie

by ArgoT » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Did I miss it, was the game a sell out yesterday as there were only a few visible missing seats?
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:26 am

ArgoT wrote:Did I miss it, was the game a sell out yesterday as there were only a few visible missing seats?

24,894 - which would be a sell out.
If you see empty seats it doesn't mean a lot, you will also see many people standing at both ends of the stadium on the walkways and crowded on the walkway between the southside upper and lower decks. TV never shows the fans standing between the decks.
All-Star

by ArgoT » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:20 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
ArgoT wrote:Did I miss it, was the game a sell out yesterday as there were only a few visible missing seats?

24,894 - which would be a sell out.
If you see empty seats it doesn't mean a lot, you will also see many people standing at both ends of the stadium on the walkways and crowded on the walkway between the southside upper and lower decks. TV never shows the fans standing between the decks.

Awesome, yes I realize that as many fans were at both end zones standing and having a pop.
All-Star

by QQ One-Nine » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Sold out last night too, which surprises me a bit in the height of summer.

Apparently only a couple of hundred for Montreal, so a sell out appears likely for that one too.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.
All-Star

by noback » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:42 pm

They announced it the end of the game on Saturday that there was only 500 tickets left for a game that isn't being played for two weeks, so yes it will be another SELL OUT :thup:
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by Hank01 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 am

Last nights game in Ottawa vs BC .

The GOOD I love the drummers in the North Section . Great way to liven up the crowd .

The Bad other than the outcome of the game - sometimes they get rid of the yellow washable soccer lines sometimes they don't . They are a distraction and look plain ugly . If it's washable pay the people and get rid of them . If you promise the people you are going to do this then do it .
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Hank01 wrote:Last nights game in Ottawa vs BC .

The GOOD I love the drummers in the North Section . Great way to liven up the crowd .

The Bad other than the outcome of the game - sometimes they get rid of the yellow washable soccer lines sometimes they don't . They are a distraction and look plain ugly . If it's washable pay the people and get rid of them . If you promise the people you are going to do this then do it .

As long as the players don't confuse the yellow lines, I don't care.

I like the idea that the two teams Fury and REDBLACKS work together in the community and they offer soccer tickets with football etc It's the same owners and I hope the Fury do well and I'm glad we don't have the soccer animosity that the Argo fans have towards TFC and vice versa. I hope the Fury fan base increases and maybe someday they can get an MLS team, but that's a long way off. Two tenants at the stadium is good for the owners and the city.
All-Star

by Hank01 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Yah but they clean them off sometimes and it looks so much better especially around the goal line. It's just laziness .

They made a promise day one they should keep it . I don't hate soccer like some get rid of all the football lines for the Fury when they play as well. It looks so much better .
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:33 am

Off topic but seems to be a lot of negativity right now with the play of the team.
But last year at this time they had 5 wins. this year 4 wins 1 tie. When you consider the key injuries at QB, the RB and the D line, it's not too bad at all. Lucky that all these injuries were in the first half of the season.
Except for the Riders, all the other teams seem to be improved. Ottawa is not going to sweep BC and Montreal the way they did last year.
All-Star

by Blindside » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:16 pm

I've been to TD Place, and man... what a party! you guys are doing it right!
Starter

by RBFan2014 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:39 pm

How about some decent hot beverages? Now that it's cold, a decent coffee or hot chocolate would be nice. All kinds of ads for Tim Hortons, but no TH beverages.

I do enjoy the new smoque shack truck in the end zone this year. More unique concessions like that would be good as well.
Rookie

by Ottawa_Rough_Riders » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Open up the upper North Side concourse to the roof area. Re-enforce the roof and take away the chain link fence and allow fans to move around freely. The place is so crammed with people that if there is ever an emergency someone will get trampled. I don't understand how they could consider it safe with all the sandwiched people try to get around. In the 1970's, when the Rough Riders were around, they could pack in 30,000 people and there was still enough room. If they can't re-enforce the roof for the fans, then put the concessions stands on the roof area with openings in the chain link fence and at least take the beer stands out of the way. Ridiculously packed like sardines and herded like cattle.
Knock Em Cold, In the Cold ! (Jack Gotta circa 1973)

Veteran

by noback » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:05 am

RBFan2014 wrote:How about some decent hot beverages? Now that it's cold, a decent coffee or hot chocolate would be nice. All kinds of ads for Tim Hortons, but no TH beverages.

I do enjoy the new smoque shack truck in the end zone this year. More unique concessions like that would be good as well.

NO KIDDING :x

Bought a coffee last week at the RedBlacks game and it was the size of a SMALL Timmie's coffee but they were charging Starbucks prices at $3 per cup :(

NOT impressed!!
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by BigJoeM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:30 am

They need to sell it in the stands as well with reusable plastic cups . Hot chocolate and coffee is a must for the next two games .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

PreviousNext