Permanent Endzone seats needed with GreyCup bid

Re: Permanent Endzone seats needed with GreyCup bid

by slimjim2 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:51 am

Hank01 wrote:Two party decks . Hopefully it will look good and not like an afterthought . It does sound like they copied Tim Horton's field .

With the west end having such a large gathering it makes sense to go this route . The first deck should have some height to get a better view downfield . The second deck having rail seats is a good idea .

Next year they can do something with the East end and the Grey Cup .

I don't know if they copied what they did at Tim Horton's Field but Ottawa had the Beaver Lodge at the same end, a long seating area/patio with a bar during the Renegades existence.

You can not have any second deck at that end, it would not only block the view from the condos at one end but also the walkway where people can stand to watch the game. If you look at the picture you will see that they don't have to go very high to block off the walkway or the patio area on the first floor of the condo area. It will be high top chairs on an elevated platform with a drink rail at the same height as the walkway.

Randy Burgess, vice-president of communications and fan experience for Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group, said it would be replaced by a new fan “experience zone” adding 100-150 spots to the 24,000-seat capacity of the stadium.

Besides high-top tables on a platform slightly above ground level, the new area will include a middle layer of display space and a drink rail beside the nearby walkway, similar to one outside the east end-zone. Access will require game tickets specifically for that area.
All-Star

by Hank01 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:34 pm

That's too bad I like the two decks better . It looks like there is room that was a pretty good sized hill they removed .

If they go cheap I will be disappointed as they have been pretty good with optics generating better atmosphere so far.

Hopefully it will look like a wooden lumber jack lodge complete with a steel saw spinning something like the NFL's
Bucs with the pirate ship .
All-Star

by Hank01 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Render displayed on the Ottawa RB site is not too bad but I don't think it's final .

The southside new loges are going to make a crowded lower concourse even worse . I cannot say I am supporter of this move at all .
All-Star

by mick87 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:54 am

Render displayed on the Ottawa RB site is not too bad but I don't think it's final .

Hank, where can I find the renderings on the site?
Rookie

by slimjim2 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:02 pm

mick87 wrote:

Actually there are no "renderings" it's just a concept and it only shows about half the width of the field. As they state below, it's going to be the entire width. I can't see how it would be too crowded, as they are going to have only around 150 in there.

We’ll have renderings for you in the coming weeks. We can say it’ll be almost the entire width of the field, accessible to all and it’ll have its own bar/refreshment area. It’s going to be a great place to watch the game with a large group of friends.

http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/west-endzone-c
All-Star

by Hank01 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:13 pm

mick87 wrote:

If you go to the Premium club experience under tickets at the RB site you will see a little more info on the new loges on the south side concourse and the new lumberyard endzone information . It's a work in progress . Surprised they waited this long to construct , reveal and promote .
All-Star

by Hank01 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:26 pm

The Redblacks site is stating all are welcome to buy a burger before the game at the Subaru Cabin . It lists 200 as it's capacity . I will see for myself tonight if I dare to enter to buy one of the hot peppered signature burgers they are selling .
All-Star

by Hank01 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:37 am

Hank01 wrote:The Redblacks site is stating all are welcome to buy a burger before the game at the Subaru Cabin . It lists 200 as it's capacity . I will see for myself tonight if I dare to enter to buy one of the hot peppered signature burgers they are selling .

Walked over and asked and was told you need to speak to your ticket rep to purchase a special field ticket or win a promotion in order to get in Subaru Lounge before and during the game . Other than a fancy bar not my cup of tea ended up getting barbeque burger at the north/west corner and had a sit down table to eat it which is more then I would of had at the Cabin . The woman guarding the field entrance said they sold out capacity to the Cabin.

Great night for football was told by the weather people numerous times thunder showers all evening and night and it held off with a nice breeze .

The car flag is pretty good quality and was a nice gift to the first 10,000 .

Redblacks had numerous opportunities to win .

The call to hand off to Grigsby on the one (who just joined three days ago was a bad play call) . There were a few others that were questionable as well but at least we get a point and an enjoyable evening to watch the game .
All-Star

by noback » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Looks like Ottawa will only add another 10,000 seats for the Grey Cup in 2017.
Making the total of 34,000 seats in all
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by slimjim2 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:19 am

noback wrote:Looks like Ottawa will only add another 10,000 seats for the Grey Cup in 2017.

A lot less room for temp seats in the new stadium. Back in 2004 they put up two 12k stands on each end. This time it's likely a 10k stand behind the east end zone. Possibly another low rise stand behind the west end zone with maybe 2k seats.
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:24 am

Interesting story about the benefits to the city and team of hosting the Grey Cup.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... t-not-100m
All-Star

by noback » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:19 am

slimjim2 wrote:
noback wrote:Looks like Ottawa will only add another 10,000 seats for the Grey Cup in 2017.

A lot less room for temp seats in the new stadium. Back in 2004 they put up two 12k stands on each end. This time it's likely a 10k stand behind the east end zone. Possibly another low rise stand behind the west end zone with maybe 2k seats.

It will be more a home town feeling which will be great for Ottawa. :thup:

Totally agree about the east end zone with another 10,000 in temp seats, but I doubt anything will be put in the west end zone. No room now with the Lumberyard below and no room above as the concourse in the end zone will once again be packed as it is for all our home games. :D
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!
Starter

by Hank01 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:12 pm

No room agreed in that west end zone . They need to enhance the east end with a bigger bridge or second one .
A second video screen is a must and nice combo stand up section like the new Mosaic with a bar and food area and larger pathway triple in size would do the trick . Temporary stands will be tall and most likely in two sections one from the ground and a second one from the enlarged pathway .

It will be a pleasant surprise I hope as they have been pretty good so far .

If you sit in section J they will need a second screen as you can not see the west end one with the people standing in the way . Nor the actual field action when the game tilts west . Never realized the design flaw until you actually sit there . Yikes.
All-Star

Previous