Alouettes 2016

Re: Alouettes 2016

by okie » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:18 am

Short interview with Jacoby Ford from a month ago when he was in the Eskimo camp. Ford lives in Florida and trains with Kenny Stafford.

https://soundcloud.com/thenielsonandfra ... acoby-ford

Speculation time. Did Stafford suggest and/or convince Jim Popp to sign Ford? Or, maybe Popp wanted Ford and Stafford helped persuade him to come to Montreal instead going to another CFL team? Perhaps, it is neither and Ford was just the best receiver who would accept a spot on the practice roster.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:56 am

okie wrote:Short interview with Jacoby Ford from a month ago when he was in the Eskimo camp. Ford lives in Florida and trains with Kenny Stafford.

Speculation time. Did Stafford suggest and/or convince Jim Popp to sign Ford? Or, maybe Popp wanted Ford and Stafford helped persuade him to come to Montreal instead going to another CFL team? Perhaps, it is neither and Ford was just the best receiver who would accept a spot on the practice roster.

Stafford left the Eskimos in Feb. Ford was signed around the same time. Jim just saw another ex NFL'er and got a boner. He was part of Edmonton's first cuts which kind of tells you that he's not a shadow of the player he was 9 years ago.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:57 am

Sigh. Why are we so in love with ex-NFLers?
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:20 am

Reading between the lines it seems that Anthony Coady might have been going through a form of depression, something that Shea Emry has talked about in the past. It can happen to macho athletes also.

http://www.rds.ca/football/alouettes/co ... -1.3461191

Let`s hope he can work things out on both a personal and football level.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Look, we brought all those WRs to camp for a reason. Why sign a castoff? This is a golden opportunity for guys like Cunningham, Louks, Jones, and maybe that kid Martese Jackson to show what they can do. If we don't trust the guys we've got to fill Green and Stafford's shoes, why did we sign them in the first place?

Receiver is one of the easier positions to transition to in the CFL. Not nearly as much learning as QB, defensive back, or SAM linebacker. Plug our young guys in and see what they can do. Case closed.
Hall of Famer

by GHT120 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:53 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Reading between the lines it seems that Anthony Coady might have been going through a form of depression, something that Shea Emry has talked about in the past. It can happen to macho athletes also.

Maybe. My thought was that he was facing the question so many players do in deciding if football is worth the risk of injury; which makes it hard to dedicate yourself to football.

Guess we'll never know unless he says.
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:00 pm

HfxTC wrote:
okie wrote:Short interview with Jacoby Ford from a month ago when he was in the Eskimo camp. Ford lives in Florida and trains with Kenny Stafford.

Stafford left the Eskimos in Feb. Ford was signed around the same time. Jim just saw another ex NFL'er and got a boner. He was part of Edmonton's first cuts which kind of tells you that he's not a shadow of the player he was 9 years ago.

Would it not have been better to sign Clarence Denmark? He may not be the player he once was, but at least he has CFL experience and could probably be serviceable.

And what does this say about the depth of Popp's list for replacement players, if we sign a guy like Ford?! Let's hope we don't have any more injuries at receiver. Who's next if another receiver goes down? Will Eric Deslauriers come out of retirement? :lol:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:02 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Reading between the lines it seems that Anthony Coady might have been going through a form of depression, something that Shea Emry has talked about in the past. It can happen to macho athletes also.

Best of luck to Anthony :thup:

Also, LeStaf gets banned from RDS for no good reason. But if you look at the comments following this story, there are some real cheap comments... :roll:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by okie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:44 am

Team just announced the signing of WR Marcus Henry to the Practice Roster.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:51 am

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:

Best of luck to Anthony :thup:

Also, LeStaf gets banned from RDS for no good reason. But if you look at the comments following this story, there are some real cheap comments... :roll:

Oui, mais il y a aussi de bons commentaires. Jay Walker, Andrecal, Kalabougie et Bucky O'Hare ont généralement des commentaires intéressants à suivre. Mais il y a aussi un lot de trolls et d'ignorants. Enfin, c'est en laissant de bons commentaires que le niveau général va finir par s'élever.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:53 am

okie wrote:Team just announced the signing of WR Marcus Henry to the Practice Roster.

Rien pour écrire à sa mère. Henry a déjà eu de bonnes parties, mais le meilleur de ce qu'il peut apporter est derrière lui. Je crois que Cunningham va faire mieux que lui.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by okie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:00 am

Herb Zurkowsky and Didier Orméjuste are saying that Kevin Glenn is not at practice today. That means of the 3 practices scheduled before the Hamilton game, Glenn has missed 2 of them so far. In both the practices, Rakeem Cato has taken first team reps.

Team used their signature helmets today which might mean they will be wearing the matching uniforms this week.

According to John Lu, Glenn was at Olympic Stadium but did not go with the team to practice.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:25 am

okie wrote:Herb Zurkowsky and Didier Orméjuste are saying that Kevin Glenn is not at practice today. That means of the 3 practices scheduled before the Hamilton game, Glenn has missed 2 of them so far. In both the practices, Rakeem Cato has taken first team reps.

Team used their signature helmets today which might mean they will be wearing the matching uniforms this week.

According to John Lu, Glenn was at Olympic Stadium but did not go with the team to practice.

Didn't Glenn have family or personal stuff going on? I seem to remember reading that. Or perhaps he's dinged up a bit and team wants to rest him for precautionary reasons?
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:34 am

Since there were already 10 players on the practice roster, the addition of Marcus Henry means that a player had to be transferred to active roster or released; I expect that Int. RB Cam McDaniel has been added to active roster.

In Hamilton, QB Zach Collaros has been taken off the 6 game injured list, meaning that he could play against the Als this Friday.

Richard
All-Star

by okie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:42 am

Drew Edwards said Collaros is not ready to play yet. Jeremiah Masoli will be the starter.

As far as Kevin Glenn goes, the story was he had a cold and missed practice to go see a doctor.
All-Star

PreviousNext