Alouettes 2016

Re: Alouettes 2016

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:47 am

okie wrote:As far as Kevin Glenn goes, the story was he had a cold and missed practice to go see a doctor.

Not a conspiracy theorist but boy, that story sounds thin, doesn't it? ;)

How does a cold make a pro football player miss two practices in one week ahead of a crucial game against a division rival? Methinks they are trying to give Cato first-team reps without it looking like they're trying to give him first-team reps...
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:26 pm

The TSN piece had this tidbit: Carter did not take part in any drills and had his helmet off walking through formations with the first team offence.

Since Carter is following concussion protocol, I can see why the team would want to hold him out of drills for the time being. But he's still practicing with the first-team offense.
Hall of Famer

by tony » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:56 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:
okie wrote:As far as Kevin Glenn goes, the story was he had a cold and missed practice to go see a doctor.

How does a cold make a pro football player miss two practices in one week ahead of a crucial game against a division rival? Methinks they are trying to give Cato first-team reps without it looking like they're trying to give him first-team reps...

There is a virus that has been going around. A family member had it and was down and out for three days.
Still congested and it has been over a week.

Not saying this is what Glenn has, but who knows.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:18 pm

tony wrote:There is a virus that has been going around. A family member had it and was down and out for three days.
Still congested and it has been over a week.

Not saying this is what Glenn has, but who knows.

Good to know. I'm still a bit skeptical, though. :)

Anyhow, I'm definitely a fan of Cato getting first-team reps. Makes it more likely that we'll see him in some capacity on Friday and it maybe gives Hamilton something else to think about as they prepare for the game. Also, he may be more familiar with the injury replacements (Louks, Jones) since he played with them on the second-team offense during training camp...
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS 43m43 minutes ago

Kevin Glenn suffers from inflammation in one eye. Jim Popp said he expects him at practice on Tuesday. #Als @CFL
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Per TSN: Carter did not take part in any drills and had his helmet off walking through formations with the first team offence. The third-year receiver said he has been undergoing concussion protocol since last Tuesday after he started experiencing headaches at home in Florida during the team's bye week.
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:34 pm

As per the CFL transactions, the Als have added Int. DB Greg Henderson to the active roster-from practice-, to make room for Int. WR Marcus Henry on practice roster.

Richard
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:41 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:

I think he asked for a couple extra days to tie with his by week.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by AlsPhil » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:39 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS 43m43 minutes ago

Kevin Glenn suffers from inflammation in one eye. Jim Popp said he expects him at practice on Tuesday. #Als @CFL

Hmmm..looks like I'll be wearing number 12 on Friday...Go Rakeem!
Veteran

by idealsheldon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 pm

idealsheldon wrote:And strange that there has not been a word on Anthony Coady. I`m going to guess based on the timing of his leaving camp, a couple of days after his physical, that some ailment might have been detected. Not any substances, that would have come out by now.

In any case, whatever his situation, I wish him well.

Well we now know the reason for Coady leaving training camp and returning late in the season. If I have the translation correct, it was nervous anxiety.

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/d4ab878 ... %7C_0.html
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

Previous