Another Day, Another QB

Re: Another Day, Another QB

by GHT120 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:07 pm

okie wrote:This story about Halliday says he was released by BC before ever throwing a pass. Article implies that Travis Lulay was not hurt as bad as originally thought, so the Lions did not need another quarterback after all.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/01/29/conn ... 16717.html

Don't ruin a good "diss" with quasi-facts.
All-Star

by okie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Saying that Halliday has a weak arm is pretty tame actually. Much worse is when one scout said nobody liked him at Washington State. Furthermore, people labeled him as a quitter for leaving Redskin minicamp before it even began. Before departing, Halliday did not even bother telling the head coach.

Not that I am predicting his success or failure with the Als. A team that is 3-9 needs to look at all available talent even if there are some flaws.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:10 pm

What will help all these quarterbacks is that our current head coach and de facto OC is the best offensive mind we've had on the coaching staff since Marc Trestman left, by a substantial margin. You compare Chapdelaine to inexperienced Calvillo/Dinwiddie, Schonert, Higgins, Worman, Miller, Berry, and Hawkins, and it's not even close. We probably won't make the postseason this year, and I have no idea what will happen going forward, but our offense is being run by a good CFL-savvy coach with tons of experience. We can only go up from here.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by Niagara Als » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Chapelaine is an excellent choice for HC with the Als and, that the full house at Molson Stadium tomorrow is evidence of this,
All-Star

by HfxTC » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:04 am

Now the players have to hold up their end of the bargain... And they won't get a more ripe opponent than Toronto to get that started.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by okie » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Current Als quarterbacks Vernon Adams and Connor Halliday must have placed a friendly wager on which of their alma mater's would win a contest between each other. Loser wears the other's school shirt. Since Oregon lost last weekend, Adams had to wear a Washington State shirt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLKFnrZhY59/

Adams was relying on another QB who likely will be in Als training camp next year (Dakota Prukop) to get the job done, but he only went 14/22 for 132 yards.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Sorry, couldn`t help changing topics.

Drew EdwardsVerified account
‏@scratchingpost

Sources telling me that former #Ticats quarterback Jacory Harris will be joining #AlsMTL #CFL #CFLFreeAgency
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:44 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Sorry, couldn`t help changing topics.

Drew EdwardsVerified account
‏@scratchingpost

Sources telling me that former #Ticats quarterback Jacory Harris will be joining #AlsMTL #CFL #CFLFreeAgency

On laisse aller Cato pour Harris? Pincez moi, quelqu'un! :( :( :( :( :( :(
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by okie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Harris was actually Cato's hero growing up in Miami.
All-Star

by RougeMe » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:02 pm

A quick peek at the CFL stats says that Jacory Harris completed 13 passes in 2015, and none in 2016. Draw your own conclusions ....

If it was up to me, Vernon Adams should only win the #2 QB spot because the organization brought in talented competition for him ... and he out-performed them.

No slight against Jacory Harris, but I think we should pray that Kavis Reed has more QBs coming into spring mini-camp (if there is one) and training camp.
Starter

by LeStaf » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Absolument. Il n'y a présentement rien pour se péter les bretelles avec Adams, Crapton, Halliday et Harris. Cato est meilleur qu'au moins trois de ceux-là, peut-être les 4.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:01 pm

LeStaf wrote:Absolument. Il n'y a présentement rien pour se péter les bretelles avec Adams, Crapton, Halliday et Harris. Cato est meilleur qu'au moins trois de ceux-là, peut-être les 4.

I don`t think this has anything to do with these guys being rated higher. The coaches could not work with Cato. His agent couldn`t work with him. Unfortunate, but that seems to be the situation. We`ll see if another team signs him.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:45 am

The Wetenhall's can do what they want with their toy, its theirs. I'll predict this. If Durant gets hurt and the Als have to go back to Crompton as their QB. There is a very real chance that this franchise dies in Montreal. So Andrew think real hard before agreeing to dumping the other young promising QB this team has. Because Reed and JC are betting your house on their decision.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 am

So now you are promoting ownership dictating playing roles? After years of complaining about ownership interference? Pick a side. Any side.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 am

Whenever a decision can impact the "survival" of your business, as the owner, its is yours to make. In football there are very few of these decisions. After five years of fans paying for the franchise trying to develop a franchise QB and dumping Cato this is a move that would cost them anywhere from 2000 to 3000 paying fans and in Montreal you don't want to be operating a team that is "uncool"...

Your Gotcha game is really boring why you keep it up ? You enjoy being the donkey ?
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext