Another Day, Another QB

Another Day, Another QB

by idealsheldon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:57 am

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 1h1 hour ago
recently released from #bombers QB Tajh Boyd is on his way to join the Montreal Alouettes today according to #cfl source

Former 6th round Jets choice, his rights were traded from Hamilton to Wpg., but Wpg. released him last week claiming "off-field issues."

Has history of being inaccurate, a quality we can really use!

Don`t know whether to laugh or cry. Please advise.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

Re: Another Day, Another QB

by okie » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:11 am

Does not even matter. Just another PR guy. It's not like Boyd is starting next week.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Als should look at every Quarterback they can at this point. It is highly unlikely that the Als bring back Crompton and Marsh next spring.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by LeStaf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Il ne coûtera pas cher de savoir pourquoi aucune de ces équipes ne l'a gardé. N'attendons pas grand chose de ce passage de Boyd. Popp le fait sans doute pour se ménager des relations avec son agent.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by TimothyHay » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Boyd got bad press as being "wildly inaccurate" at the Senor Bowl but the players there do not practice together much, so I wouldn't pay attention to such an opinion. At Clemson, he had excellent passing and running skills with completions in the 60+ percent. But he is short and weighs in at about 245 lbs. So Boyd and Boone could wrestle for the right to to play backup every week. :wink:
Starter

by LeStaf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:18 pm

TimothyHay wrote:Boyd got bad press as being "wildly inaccurate" at the Senor Bowl but the players there do not practice together much, so I wouldn't pay attention to such an opinion. At Clemson, he had excellent passing and running skills with completions in the 60+ percent. But he is short and weighs in at about 245 lbs. So Boyd and Boone could wrestle for the right to to play backup every week. :wink:

Merci de ces informations. Pour ma part, si Boyd n'a pas été assez bon pour satisfaire les Bou! Bombers, je ne vois pas comment il pourrait se faire une place chez les Alouettes, sinon en prenant très temporairement la place de Boone.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:54 pm

LeStaf wrote:
TimothyHay wrote:Boyd got bad press as being "wildly inaccurate" at the Senor Bowl but the players there do not practice together much, so I wouldn't pay attention to such an opinion. At Clemson, he had excellent passing and running skills with completions in the 60+ percent. But he is short and weighs in at about 245 lbs. So Boyd and Boone could wrestle for the right to to play backup every week. :wink:

Merci de ces informations. Pour ma part, si Boyd n'a pas été assez bon pour satisfaire les Bou! Bombers, je ne vois pas comment il pourrait se faire une place chez les Alouettes, sinon en prenant très temporairement la place de Boone.

Maybe he did not like it there. They complained about off field issues. That could mean anything. From not showing up to practice to smoking weed to anything really. He is an accomplished NCAA QB just like Cato and with the likes of Marsh, Crompton and Boone on the roster it cant hurt to give him a tryout.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:34 pm

To me off-field issues might have been not wanting to remain on the practice squad, wanting to dress.

With the QB merry go round we`ve been through it gets easy to be cynical. Law of averages, eventually we have to hit on a winner!

All-Star

by okie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Anybody know how Boyd did today at his tryout? Was he signed?
All-Star

by okie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Popp said they will workout Boyd some more tomorrow. If the Als like what they see, Boyd will be invited to minicamp next year.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2sn6cpzw96yz ... BP2717.jpg
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:49 pm

In today`s media scrum Popp said he was quite impressed with Boyd and his background, and there was a possibility of adding him to the practice roster.

All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Does Popp even remember how to get off his a$$ and recruit anymore?
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by MadJack » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:18 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing.

and a reject from two teams at that. . .
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:21 pm

MadJack wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing.

and a reject from two teams at that. . .

Yep. Enjoy the ride to franchise bankruptcy within a few years. Wheee!!!
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by Niagara Als » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Postby HfxTC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm
Als should look at every Quarterback they can at this point. It is highly unlikely that the Als bring back Crompton and Marsh next spring.

I believe the above suggestion is appropriate. Some CFL teams have been creative in advertising for QB camps where all former NCAA QBs, many of whom believe they have the qualifications, would jump at such an opportunities. Indeed, I believe the BC Lions obtained LuLay by such an endeavor.
All-Star

Next