Where are they now?

Re: Where are they now?

by LeStaf » Mon May 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Selon TSN, Carson Walch va hériter des choix de jeux en 2017. Belle marque de confiance de Maas à son endroit.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by Niagara Als » Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 pm

I liked Larry Smith beginning with his days as a running back with the Als. He also served as GM with the Als for a time and, did serve as Commissioner of the CFL. He was appointed by PM Harper to the Senate, as a member from Quebec to which he now represents. Just 30 minutes ago I saw Smith on CBC television. He spoke well of another Conservative who attended a dinner recently, given by Prime Minister Trudeau. The member in question was hazed by other Conservative Senators for being the only person from the Conservative group invited to this dinner. In the two minutes of viewing I noted that Smith was giving this person support. I had heard little about Smith since he joined our Senate. I was aware that he lost out re a post for a Conservative Seat in Parliament and, when given the post as Senator he mused that he was taking a " catastrophic decrease in salary "by accepting his Senate position. He once called the Senior Citizens of Canada as a greedy bunch re demands for money from the government. Smith has aged well. He has maintained his good looks. That is all I know of him, I will add his name to letters I write occasionally to advocate for a group I belong to. I wonder how well he has done re his " catastrophic decrease in salary."
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Fri May 19, 2017 10:15 am

Andrew Hawkins seems to have done quite well for himself:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/05/19/canadian- ... vy-league/
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Sat May 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Marco Brouillette has retired. First Perrett, now Brouillette.

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/27/eve-t ... n+Dunk+%29
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed May 31, 2017 6:31 pm

Jamel Richardson is a guest coach at the Eskimos camp, probably because of his connection to Carson Walch.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Matthew Scianitti‏Verified account @TSNScianitti 3h3 hours ago

7-time #CFL East Allstar Olineman & current free agent, Josh Bourke is working out & keeping himself ready for any opportunity #Als #Argos
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Only a pre-season game, but QB's Brandon Bridges for Saskatchewan and Dan LeFevour for Winnipeg had good game.

Brandon Bridges was 20/26 for 201 yards and a TD to Duron Carter. Bridges will most probably be number 2 behind Glenn.

Dan LeFevour enabled Winnipeg to have a 25-25 tie. He was 7/9 for 88 yards and threw 2 TD's and a two-point convert. 15 points in the last quarter.

I would be less concerned with our QB's if at least 1 of these two was in Montreal. LeFevour much better than Harris.

When the season started in 2016 Glenn and Bridges along with Cato were the QB's.

The Als have to win against Sask. on June 22,2017 but I won't bet a penny for the Als.

Richard
All-Star

by okie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Story on Jonathan Crompton:

An Asheville, N.C., native, Crompton came to Tennessee after a celebrated prep career and was expected to become the next Heath Shuler. But instability on the offensive staff — he played for three different coordinators in four seasons — was a recipe for inconsistency and disappointment.

The frustration from the Vols fan base led some of the same people who had hailed his arrival as a freshman to eventually cross the line from rude to downright vicious, including one night after a loss when a stranger approached Crompton's mother and told her he hoped that Jonathan and the entire family would die in a car crash.

There were other similar verbal run-ins, some that escalated to the point of his family having to be protected from physical assault inside or near the stadium and more than one threat against Jonathan's safety. All of which created a wound that Crompton admitted still hasn't completely healed.

"I've only been back to Tennessee twice for games since I left," Crompton said. "'Animosity' is probably the best word for how I felt for a long time. I know it wasn't the majority of the fans, but there were enough examples that it really left a bad taste in my mouth. And I don't want to have that bad taste toward my alma mater anymore. I really don't.

Crompton was drafted in the fifth round by the Chargers and had playing stints with the Patriots, Redskins and Buccaneers before playing for three years in the Canadian Football League. He has since retired from playing to open his own real estate company in Asheville.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/spor ... ou/432491/
All-Star

by HfxTC » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:55 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:Only a pre-season game, but QB's Brandon Bridges for Saskatchewan and Dan LeFevour for Winnipeg had good game.

Brandon Bridges was 20/26 for 201 yards and a TD to Duron Carter. Bridges will most probably be number 2 behind Glenn.

Dan LeFevour enabled Winnipeg to have a 25-25 tie. He was 7/9 for 88 yards and threw 2 TD's and a two-point convert. 15 points in the last quarter.

I would be less concerned with our QB's if at least 1 of these two was in Montreal. LeFevour much better than Harris.

When the season started in 2016 Glenn and Bridges along with Cato were the QB's.

The Als have to win against Sask. on June 22,2017 but I won't bet a penny for the Als.

Richard

Come on Richard this is who O'shea lined up against the Riders

I don't think he played ONE starter on defense.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2365/winnipeg- ... /#boxscore
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Niagara Als » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:22 pm

I saw Bridge play in three games. In his first ever start for the Als he looked dreadful, a rookie clearly out of his depth. In the second game play ed against Regina, which was the closing game of the 2015 season, he was a changed QB. He played the whole game and looked very good. He showed great improvement as the season's end. He had a good evening with the pass which got the Als a couple of TDs including a series when he was faced with a strong RR rush. He demonstrated his strength avoiding a strong RR rush avoiding tackles and threw a very long and perfect pass to a receiver going over for a TD. He showed a very decent ability to pass, long and short, and was a very good running QB. He showed good game management skill. For certain, he did showed improvement from his first start in 2015.
In 2016, I didn't see much of Brandon Bridge. In preseason games he was given perhaps a rep or two but scarcely no time to demonstrate his ability. In that season I can't recall him given any reps as Glen and Adams both started all games. Regina picked up Bridge last season and, he did get some reps plus a few solo game reps when he did show success on a big scale. This season Bridge was taken seriously ( unlike ) Montreal and he was able to demonstrate his strength and capability when given an opportunity. This week he started at QB in a preseason game and completed 20 0f 26 attempts for 209 yards. He is now in contention for the starting QB role. As for Montreal, in their first game
Adams nor Harris did not show much and, a rookie QB Slitz was the better QB. Had the Als shown more respect for Bridge and, treated him with respect, he would be in QB competition at this point in time. I believe a Canadian QB who shows well would be a good draw for Montreal fans.
All-Star

by CFL in QC » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:49 am

Vincent Brown released from BC.
He's the O-line player involved in the Jovan Olafioye trade... didn't​ last long...
Rookie

by LeStaf » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Kunnery Stufford a été visé seulement une fois hier. Il n'a contribué à aucun jeu positif dans ses 2 matchs préparatoires et a trouvé une façon d'écoper d'une punition d'obstruction.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:44 am

LeStaf wrote:Kunnery Stufford a été visé seulement une fois hier. Il n'a contribué à aucun jeu positif dans ses 2 matchs préparatoires et a trouvé une façon d'écoper d'une punition d'obstruction.

Well a guy with a very similar name has just been released:

CFL News‏ @CFL_News 1m1 minute ago

RT .@Ted_Wyman
#Bombers haven't officially announced roster yet but veteran receiver Kenny Stafford says he's been released. #CFL
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Both Dominique Ellis and Khalid Wooten released by the Tiger Cats.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 am

idealsheldon wrote:Both Dominique Ellis and Khalid Wooten released by the Tiger Cats.

And Ethan Davis was placed on the suspended list wich means he likely, walked.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext