Perrett prend sa retraite

Perrett prend sa retraite

by LeStaf » Mon May 01, 2017 10:43 am

Jeff Perrett a accorché ses crampons.

Il a été un joueur solide tout au long de sa carrière, malgré une moins bonne année l'an passé. Son travail a souvent été un peu dans l'ombre d'autres joueurs, mais il a sans conteste contribué aux succès des Alouettes dans les années Trestman, et sa nomination comme joueur de ligne de l'année en 2014 était pleinement méritée.

Il a été un joueur d'équipe très apprécié. J'espère que son grand fan Claude Martel continuera à porter fièrement son chandail numéro 54.

Merci à Jeff pour ses sacrifices, son travail acharné et son dévouement.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

Re: Perrett prend sa retraite

by GHT120 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Were Trestman/Popp that uninspiring or is this a "hide him while he recovers from some injury" move like they did with Chad Kackert a couple of years ago?
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon May 01, 2017 5:22 pm

They just went through mini-camp. I guess he realized he didn't have the energy to start anymore.
Wish him and his family the best.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Thu May 04, 2017 11:48 am

Perrett says he realized he lost his passion for the game after 1st day of Argos mini-camp.

Hopes to go into teaching / counselling. Certainly wish him the best in his retirement.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/pe ... e-1.740770
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by Niagara Als » Thu May 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Sheldon : Thanks for putting Perrett's radio info on our Forum. Living in Niagara I appreciate the effort you and others help out us ex Montrealers out by sending along this and the French media's coverage of the Als.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Thu May 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Niagara Als wrote:Sheldon : Thanks for putting Perrett's radio info on our Forum. Living in Niagara I appreciate the effort you and others help out us ex Montrealers out by sending along this and the French media's coverage of the Als.

Niagara, I certainly enjoy your posts and admire your continued loyalty to a team you said you`ve been following since a youngster.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu May 04, 2017 3:59 pm

idealsheldon wrote:
Niagara Als wrote:Sheldon : Thanks for putting Perrett's radio info on our Forum. Living in Niagara I appreciate the effort you and others help out us ex Montrealers out by sending along this and the French media's coverage of the Als.

Niagara, I certainly enjoy your posts and admire your continued loyalty to a team you said you`ve been following since a youngster.

x2 :thup: :thup:
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu May 04, 2017 4:56 pm

Niagara is the Patriarch of this forum :thup:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Niagara Als » Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 pm

On the radio I listened to the Alouettes win the Grey Cup in 1949.
All-Star

by tony » Fri May 05, 2017 7:54 am

LeStaf wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:

x2 :thup: :thup:

Keep the posts coming Niagara !
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am

Niagara Als wrote:On the radio I listened to the Alouettes win the Grey Cup in 1949.

You didn`t have an HD widescreen TV ?!! Boy you were really deprived. :D
All-Star

by tony » Fri May 05, 2017 10:01 am

idealsheldon wrote:
Niagara Als wrote:On the radio I listened to the Alouettes win the Grey Cup in 1949.

You didn`t have an HD widescreen TV ?!! Boy you were really deprived. :D

Don't you mean Ultra 4K widescreen?!
All-Star

by jamie » Sat May 06, 2017 11:37 am

Good move by new regime to cut Perrett recognizing he was done and making moves to replace him it appears.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Sat May 06, 2017 11:51 am

jamie wrote:Good move by new regime to cut Perrett recognizing he was done and making moves to replace him it appears.

Always depends on how good the replacements are, replacing him by a more worn out Simmons isn't going to cut it.

Jeff and Josh played a lot of tough football games for this team. They bookended that line for most of a decade. I've very grateful to them and wish them well.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Sat May 06, 2017 11:57 am

Yup... We'll see if Simmons is done. But it was a good move to reduce payroll by $200,000 and cut a guy who was clearly done but not wanting to retire.

And agreed that Perrett had a great career in Montreal and well wishes.
All-Star

Next