Als 2017 Mini-Camp

Re: Als 2017 Mini-Camp

by idealsheldon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:16 am

Well after practice he can put the straw in a pina colada by the pool in the Florida sun. There are worse assignments.

Good on the JDM for sending someone during hockey playoff season. Hopefully Boulay will give us details on who looks good ( and maybe even those who suck. :D )
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:51 am

idealsheldon wrote:Well after practice he can put the straw in a pina colada by the pool in the Florida sun. There are worse assignments.

Good on the JDM for sending someone during hockey playoff season. Hopefully Boulay will give us details on who looks good ( and maybe even those who suck. :D )

Pour l'instant, on ne peut pas dire que ce soit très éloquent... :(
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:37 pm

All-Star

by idealsheldon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks for posting LeStaf and good on the Alouettes for being transparent.

They also signed 3 players from the tryout camp:

MONTREAL – The Montreal Alouettes announced on Monday that the team added three players to the roster, following Saturday’s tryout camp in Vero Beach, FL. Linebacker Keith Pough, defensive end Erik Williams and receiver Marcel Caver will all take part in the team’s spring camp, which begins today.

Keith Pough

Pough (6’2″, 236 lbs.) amassed 349 tackles, 83 tackles for losses, 17 sacks and nine knockdowns in 44 games with the Howard University Bison. The 27-year-old earned all-conference honours in 2009 and 2011. His 83 career tackles for losses were the best in FCS history when he completed his collegiate career. The Orangesburg, SC native also went to training camp with the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns.

Erik Williams

Williams (6’3″, 270 lbs.) played 32 games during the four seasons he suited up for the Bethune-Cookman University Wildcats. The 25-year-old from Plantation, FL then went on to sign with the Buffalo Bills.

Marcel Caver

Caver (6’3″, 185 lbs.) played for the Youngstown State University Penguins, prior to transferring to Winston-Salem State University, where the 23-year-old receiver caught 40 passes good for 578 yards and two touchdowns during his senior year with the Rams.
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:00 pm

I do believe that it is the first time the Alouettes have published the mini-camp roster. Quite appreciated.

Amongst the 3 players signed today, Int. LB Keith Pough has outstanding credentials; 349 tackles, including 83 for loss and 17 sacks in 44 games. Almost 8 tackles per game. He was called the tackling machine.

Richard
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:08 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:I do believe that it is the first time the Alouettes have published the mini-camp roster. Quite appreciated.

Amongst the 3 players signed today, Int. LB Keith Pough has outstanding credentials; 349 tackles, including 83 for loss and 17 sacks in 44 games. Almost 8 tackles per game. He was called the tackling machine.

Richard

But he's a little older than the typical guy crossing over to our game. But they are real prospects. Seems to be lots of talented prospects, more than we have seen in the last 3 or 4 years.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Aside from the linemen, Boris Bede, Jovon Johnson, Ryan Phillips who I assume were not required to attend, notable absentees are:

Anthony Coady (although he just did a school speech Apr. 7)
Kyle Graves
Dominique Termansen
Tiquan Underwood
Maiko Zepeda

Hopefully they have a note from their mothers.
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Based on the spring camp roster, there are 58 players; all QB's are there along with all receivers,but 1, and most Int. DB's; a few OL and a few DL and some LB's. The WR's and DB's-mainly Nat.- not attending/ included are:

Nat. DB Anthony Coady
Nat WR Kyle Graves
Int. DB Jovon Johnson
Int. DB Ryan Phillips
Nat. DB Dominique Termansen
Int. WR Tiquan Underwood Only WR not attending.
Nat. DB Maiko Zepeda

Tyree Hollins-26- and Daryl Townsend have definitely been re-signed, since they are attending.

The three players signed today are also attending.

Richard
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm

HfxTC wrote:
RichardVeilleux wrote:I do believe that it is the first time the Alouettes have published the mini-camp roster. Quite appreciated.

Richard

But he's a little older than the typical guy crossing over to our game. But they are real prospects. Seems to be lots of talented prospects, more than we have seen in the last 3 or 4 years.

La ligne défensive est probablement l'unité où il est le plus facile de faire la transition, outre l'exigence cardio.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 pm

I want to congratulate the management of the team for lowering its tryout fee from 100 to 40 dollars. Obviously you are listening and making us proud.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:52 pm

LeStaf wrote:
HfxTC wrote:

Richard

La ligne défensive est probablement l'unité où il est le plus facile de faire la transition, outre l'exigence cardio.

Exactly, cardio is a big factor on our field. A guy can look good in an hour tryout but after a few days in camp not so much.
Hall of Famer

by okie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:29 pm

Minicamp Day 1

Stories
http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017/04 ... ort-day-1/
http://www.rds.ca/football/alouettes/lc ... -1.4450078?
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/0 ... -alouettes

Photos
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fevyez7oefy9 ... hotos?dl=0

Video Clips
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fevyez7oefy9 ... %A9os?dl=0

-There were players in attendance that are not listed in the minicamp roster.
-Looks like Luc Brodeur-Jourdain was the only veteran OL there as he snapped the balls to Darian Durant.
-The most featured players posted by the Als were Dariant Durant, Ernest Jackson, and Nicolas Boulay.
-Story above said Boris Bede is absent because he is on his honeymoon.
-Another notable player not listed on the minicamp roster is Chip Cox.
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:45 pm

Definitely more information- CFL Staff, RDS and Journal de Montreal -than the previous years. Journal de Montreal was there last season,but Mathieu Boulay was not; it was Jonathan Guay. I prefer Mathieu. Quite positive!

I doubt that Nik Lewis has lost weight, unless he is well padded.

Richard
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:10 am

Here`s a story on WR Danny Anthrop, he of the 4.4 speed and who apparently had a good first day at mini-camp.

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/co ... /82139432/

Kind of reminds me of Corbin Louks, hopefully his story has a better ending.
All-Star

by okie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:17 am

While Nik Lewis did recently say something to the effect of "best shape in my life", he never mentioned anything about losing weight.

Danny Anthrop said not too long ago that his goal in the CFL is to "get film" as well as help the team win.
All-Star

PreviousNext