Als 2017 Mini-Camp

Re: Als 2017 Mini-Camp

by idealsheldon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 pm

I`m surprised Tiquan Underwood wasn`t released seeing he wasn`t at mini-camp. Was he protesting being asked to take a pay cut?
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

LeStaf wrote:S'il y a un quart-arrière que j'aimerais revoir au camp d'entraînement, c'est Cato. Je ne comprends toujours pas pourquoi les Alouettes auraient déjà capitulé dans son cas.

He`s a feel good story and we all would have liked an underdog like him to succeed, but it strongly appears that Chapdelaine, A.C. & Co. did not feel he was coachable. And no one else has rushed to sign him either. Time to turn the page.

P.S. And if this doesn`t get D&P to start posting again, nothing will. :D

All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Cato probably asked for his release when Durant was signed. No point him being stuck behind Durant and Adams who JC prefered.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by GHT120 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:44 pm

HfxTC wrote:Cato probably asked for his release when Durant was signed. No point him being stuck behind Durant and Adams who JC prefered.

Hasn't done him much good though.
That a seemingly promising young QB has not been signed elsewhere suggest to me that the Als made the right call.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 pm

GHT120 wrote:
HfxTC wrote:Cato probably asked for his release when Durant was signed. No point him being stuck behind Durant and Adams who JC prefered.

That a seemingly promising young QB has not been signed elsewhere suggest to me that the Als made the right call.

There is absolutely no point to signing with a CFL team until the end of May.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:51 pm

HfxTC wrote:
GHT120 wrote:

We'll see if Popp brings Cato to Toronto, to have him learn from Trestman.
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 am

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:
HfxTC wrote:
GHT120 wrote:Hasn't done him much good though.

We'll see if Popp brings Cato to Toronto, to have him learn from Trestman.

Je ne suis toujours pas convaincu de la capacité de Trestman à faire progresser les jeunes quarts-arrières. D'autre part, les Argonauts ont déjà Cody Fajardo, qui a certains avantages sur Cato.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 am

With all CFL teams headed to mini-camps in the next couple of weeks, they would have signed Cato by now if interested.

As for Trestman, I have to agree he has not yet shown the willingness to develop a young QB, building his career on the backs of veteran QBs - A.C. here, Cutler and Flacco in the NFL.

And the first words out of his mouth in Toronto were that Ricky Ray is his starting QB.

In Montreal we had "Win the Day", "Everything Matters", etc. I have it on good authority that his mantra this season in Toronto is "Help Me Get Back To The NFL." The t-shirts are already printed.

All-Star

by okie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 am

Definitely reaching here, but I think there is a chance Rakeem Cato shows up at the upcoming Redblacks or Eskimos mini-camp.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:01 am

J'ai de nouveau regardé la dernière partie contre les Argonauts, où Cato a brillé de tous ses feux. Je ne l'avais pas vue à la télévision car j'y étais. Un moment donné, Cato a argumenté avec Nik Lewis suite à un jeu qui n'a pas fonctionné. Il avait l'air pas mal pompé et c'est Chapdelaine, à sa première partie comme entraîneur-chef, qui l'a interpellé pour qu'il se calme un peu. Cato est alors aller marcher un peu plus loin en continuant de râler entre ses dents.

Je crois que c'est ce genre de chose qui a fait qu'il a été mis de côté. Si le gars a de la misère à garder son calme alors que son équipe mène par 2 possessions au 3ième quart (le pointage était 24-11 pour les Alouettes) et que l'adversaire est incapable d'acheter un touché, il est certainement un gars difficile à contrôler. Ceci dit, certains grands quarts-arrières étaient bouillants dans leur jeunesse et se sont calmés par la suite.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 am

Cato not on the Redblacks mini-camp roster that was just released. And apparently this year only signed players can attend mini-camps. That`s why we were able to see the Als roster.

That leaves Edmonton but highly doubtful.

If I was Cato I would try to find an experienced CFL agent like Darren Gill or Sacha Ghavami who can guide him properly as to what is apparently lacking in his profile - character or work ethic or whatever it is.

All-Star

by okie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:41 am

Simply a bad guess on my part. The QB that could show up in Eskimo's mini-camp is actually Josh Straughan from Southern Illinois.

As far as the Als go, I wonder if they still have Marquise Williams on their neg list? Williams started for 2 years at North Carolina while #2 NFL pick Mitch Trubisky sat on the bench. Same with Dakota Prukop as it seems the NFL is not interested in either player.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 am

okie wrote:Simply a bad guess on my part. The QB that could show up in Eskimo's mini-camp is actually Josh Straughan from Southern Illinois.

As far as the Als go, I wonder if they still have Marquise Williams on their neg list? Williams started for 2 years at North Carolina while #2 NFL pick Mitch Trubisky sat on the bench. Same with Dakota Prukop as it seems the NFL is not interested in either player.

Quelle source, ce okie! :thup: :thup:
All-Star

Previous