Repêchage 2017

Re: Repêchage 2017

by RichardVeilleux » Tue May 09, 2017 12:40 pm

As Sheldon wrote, Marshall Ferguson feels that Kavis Reed did a nice job with the draft. Looking at Marshall's last Mock Draft -3.0- I note that:

He had DB Dondre Wright going to Edm. in round 1. Als selected him in round 3.
He had DL Fabion Foote going to Ott. in round 1. Als selected him in round 2.
He had WR Alexander Morrison going to Sask. in round 4. Als selected him in round 4.
He had WR Denzel Radford going to Cal. in round 5. Als selected him in round 6
He had WR Malcolm Walker going to Sask. in round 7. Als selected him in round 6.

As I wrote yesterday, I am quite satisfied with the Als draft.

Richard
All-Star

by LeStaf » Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm

tony wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:
RichardVeilleux wrote:Why select Jean-Simon Roy in round 2/with pick #12, Sheldon? Because he is from Québec? The offensive line or offensive Nat. offensive linemen was not their priority,Sheldon. Defensive line, defensive backs and receivers were more the priorities.

An opinion of course, but feel that Roy who is a Laval Brennan product projects as a centre, and could be groomed to replace LBJ. Matte I always felt was better suited to OG.

I will assume that Foote is a quality DT (Reed on the RDS site said he can also possibly be used at DE). But I feel we have sufficient Nationals on the d-line in Klassen, Shologan, Westerman, Oramasiowu, Joseph. Will Foote be that much better than these guys?

Agree with you here Sheldon.
Sorry Richard, with LBJ and his injury and age of 34, Matte better suited at OG, as Sheldon said, Roy could have been groomed for centre.
And yes, being a Quebecer helps. This organization can use all the PR it can get after the last few seasons.
Foote would not have been my first selection.

Je me dis que si la ligne offensive "nationale" de cette année est composée de Blake, Brodeur-Jourdain, Gagnon, on saura qui est projeté pour être la relève au centre. LBJ a dit qu'il voulait revenir pour préparer la relève, aussi je crois que c'est ce qui l'attend. Si les Alouettes ont déjà un prospect en place pour lui succéder, cela leur donnait peut-être le luxe de choisir Foote.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by LeStaf » Tue May 09, 2017 3:35 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:As Sheldon wrote, Marshall Ferguson feels that Kavis Reed did a nice job with the draft. Looking at Marshall's last Mock Draft -3.0- I note that:

He had DB Dondre Wright going to Edm. in round 1. Als selected him in round 3.
He had DL Fabion Foote going to Ott. in round 1. Als selected him in round 2.
He had WR Alexander Morrison going to Sask. in round 4. Als selected him in round 4.
He had WR Denzel Radford going to Cal. in round 5. Als selected him in round 6
He had WR Malcolm Walker going to Sask. in round 7. Als selected him in round 6.

As I wrote yesterday, I am quite satisfied with the Als draft.

Richard

Dans ce cas, Richard, est-ce Ferguson ou Reed qui s'est mis un doigt dans l'œil? :? :lol: :wink:
All-Star

by tony » Tue May 09, 2017 6:50 pm

LeStaf wrote:

Je me dis que si la ligne offensive "nationale" de cette année est composée de Blake, Brodeur-Jourdain, Gagnon, on saura qui est projeté pour être la relève au centre. LBJ a dit qu'il voulait revenir pour préparer la relève, aussi je crois que c'est ce qui l'attend. Si les Alouettes ont déjà un prospect en place pour lui succéder, cela leur donnait peut-être le luxe de choisir Foote.

Peut etre.
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Tue May 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Pour moi, personne de Reed ou Ferguson ne s'est mis un doigt dans l'oeil.

Je voulais surtout démontrer que les choix des Alouettes étaient bien cotés/vus.

Comme Ferguson le mentionnait dans ses commentaires suite au repêchage, les choix de certaines équipes ont changé/bouleversé la donne. Peu,voir aucun des experts prévoyaient que Judge-Sask.-, McDough -Ham.- et Colling-Cal. seraient choisis au premier tour. De plus, seulement 2 joueurs de ligne offensive ont été choisis en première ronde et 4 ou 5 en deuxième.

Richard
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue May 09, 2017 7:29 pm

jamie wrote:Looking at the draft, while it may be a bit off track, one can argue that Vernon Adams could be included as a draft pick of this year.

Absolutely.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by okie » Wed May 10, 2017 3:10 am

idealsheldon wrote:One of the TSN football guys who follows the CIS, Marshall Ferguson had this to say about the Als draft:

"I think Kavis Reed did a real good job with this draft." - @TSN_Marsh says #AlsMTL were winner of 2017 #CFLDraft. #CFL via @TattiAndMarsh

But then again he`s the Tiger Cat play-by-play announcer so what does he know! :D

I suspect he only watches the CIS as a casual fan. This is also his first year of him trying to be a draft expert. He seems more concerned about statistics and charting which school produced the most draft choices rather ranking players' abilities to play at the CFL level. His final mock draft hardly gives any indication that he is an expert at this time. For comparison's sake, Justin Dunk basically got 6 of the 9 1st round picks correct. Ferguson last week before the draft even apologized for going on a podcast and giving out inaccurate information.

Maybe the Als like Zach Annen as someone who could be the Al's future Center. Of course, that is provided he even shows up in 2018.

Supposedly, CB Don Unamba from Southern Arkansas who is currently in the IFL has signed. Since his current team's mascot is a winged animal, he has practice doing the Angry Bird.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Wed May 10, 2017 7:53 am

okie wrote:Supposedly, CB Don Unamba from Southern Arkansas who is currently in the IFL has signed. Since his current team's mascot is a winged animal, he has practice doing the Angry Bird.

:lol:
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed May 10, 2017 9:11 am

okie wrote:Supposedly, CB Don Unamba from Southern Arkansas who is currently in the IFL has signed. Since his current team's mascot is a winged animal, he has practice doing the Angry Bird.

Okie, can you please go to the Als website roster and update it with the player signings you`ve found. I`m losing track. :D
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 pm

The Alouettes have confirmed the signings of all eight players selected in the 2017 CFL draft.

Great news! Bravo to Kavis and his team.

Richard
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Fri May 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Very good to hear they`ve all signed so quickly. I see Ms. Raiche doesn`t fool around.

I`m also anxious to see what 2 of last year`s draftees - OL Sean Jamieson and RB Wayne Moore - can contribute.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Fri May 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Will be interesting to see if they use Moore as a Fullback or a RB.
He and Foote are best pals. Hopefully, they both do well.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

Previous