Ligne offensive

Re: Ligne offensive

by HfxTC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:36 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:
HfxTC wrote:The only spot where depth is questionable is behind Giguere. I'm sure that will be addressed.

True. I'm hoping this is the year that Charette stays injury-free and makes a contribution. I've liked what I've seen from him in the past.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of Wayne Moore. The young man had a serious injury last year and our wonderful reporters have never provided with an update on his rehab.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by GHT120 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:29 pm

HfxTC wrote:
HfxTC wrote:The only spot where depth is questionable is behind Giguere. I'm sure that will be addressed.

True. I'm hoping this is the year that Charette stays injury-free and makes a contribution. I've liked what I've seen from him in the past.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of Wayne Moore. The young man had a serious injury last year and our wonderful reporters have never provided with an update on his rehab.

Canadian depth in the backfield would be nice.
All-Star

by GHT120 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Agreed. What relatively little we have seen I've liked.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:45 pm

GHT120 wrote:Canadian depth in the backfield would be nice.

Yes, but we start internationals at RB so it's less pressing than making sure Giguere has a quality backup...
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by LeStaf » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:00 pm

GHT120 wrote:Canadian depth in the backfield would be nice.

Yes, but we start internationals at RB so it's less pressing than making sure Giguere has a quality backup...

Il y a loin d'ici au début de la saison. Difficile de dire quelle sera la configuration exacte de l'équipe au début de la saison.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:04 pm

LeStaf wrote:Il y a loin d'ici au début de la saison. Difficile de dire quelle sera la configuration exacte de l'équipe au début de la saison.

Disagree. We have started internationals at RB for years and there has been no indication that Kavis and JC are changing how they think in that regard. Compare that to the obvious ratio changes at DT and offensive tackle where our personnel moves reflect where we want to go for 2017. Right now, both our starting RBs are international. So someone like Moore will be valuable as an ST player or injury depth, but it's not the same urgency as receiver, where we do start a Canadian and need the immediate backup to be someone halfway decent.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:44 pm

He also stated he was looking forward to seeing his revamped oline open up holes for Sutton. Kind of confirms this.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by okie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:21 am

okie wrote:Are you and D&P filtering posts in this forum? If not, might I respectfully suggest consulting a medical professional just to make sure everything is okay.

That's pretty far from being a respectful comment. Don't be a jacka$$.

My apologies. I made a mistake.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:49 am

LeStaf wrote:Il y a loin d'ici au début de la saison. Difficile de dire quelle sera la configuration exacte de l'équipe au début de la saison.

Disagree. We have started internationals at RB for years and there has been no indication that Kavis and JC are changing how they think in that regard. Compare that to the obvious ratio changes at DT and offensive tackle where our personnel moves reflect where we want to go for 2017. Right now, both our starting RBs are international. So someone like Moore will be valuable as an ST player or injury depth, but it's not the same urgency as receiver, where we do start a Canadian and need the immediate backup to be someone halfway decent.

Il est vrai qu'aucune indication particulière ne pointe dans cette direction présentement. Ce que je veux dire, c'est que si la configuration actuelle du ratio se dessine, elle peut encore évoluer. Mais bon, il serait un peu étrange que les Alouettes ne veuillent pas mettre Sutton sur le terrain.

Enfin, on est loin de la ligne offensive, subitement. :wink:
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am

LeStaf wrote:Enfin, on est loin de la ligne offensive, subitement. :wink:

Indeed! I am really looking forward to how the line plays this year. With Olafyoye at LT, there should be no excuse. Although we do have a new O-line coach, so we'll have to see what changes, if any, he makes to the blocking.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:59 am

LeStaf wrote:Enfin, on est loin de la ligne offensive, subitement. :wink:

Indeed! I am really looking forward to how the line plays this year. With Olafyoye at LT, there should be no excuse. Although we do have a new O-line coach, so we'll have to see what changes, if any, he makes to the blocking.

Couple big question marks on that coaching staff are the STC and the OLC. Paul Charbonneau's connection to the team is Kavis Reed who worked with Wylie in Saskatchewan, so no surprise that he was likely referred to Jim Popp... He also has a connection with Steve Buratto who has a connection with Chapdelaine.

Here is the best info I could get on this guy.

Paul Charbonneau joined the UND coaching staff in 2005 and spent his first two seasons as a volunteer assistant coach. He was named tight ends coach prior to the 2007 season and in each of his two years in that position he has mentored an all-conference tight end: senior Blair Grover was named to the All-Great West Conference first team last season and senior Troy Ott earned All-North Central Conference second team honors in 2007. Prior to that, UND had not had an all-conference tight end since 2000.

In the spring of 2008, Charbonneau, a native of Ottawa, Ontario, was one of seven guest coaches invited to assist the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ coaching staff during the Canadian Football League club’s training camp. He worked specifically with offensive line coach Bob Wylie whom he had previously worked with as a training camp guest coach with the CFL’s Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Before coming to UND, Charbonneau served as the head football coach of the Manitoba provincial champions St-James Rods in 2005. Prior to that, Charbonneau spent three years as the offensive line coach at Mount Allison University in New Brunswick.

An Ottawa, Ontario, native, Charbonneau received his bachelor’s degree from Mount Allison, where he was an offensive lineman for the Mounties.

Paul Charbonneau will be working with Steve Buratto and the offensive line. Charbonneau comes from the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux where he is the running backs coach. He originally joined the Fighting Sioux in 2005. This marks the third straight year Charbonneau is a guest coach with the Green and White.

WHAT ABOUT BOB? Bomber OL coach Bob Wylie was not at practice Sunday and will be absent occasionally throughout the season said O'Shea. An OL guru, Wylie has a previous coaching contract to teach at clinics this summer. The Bombers have hired an assistant O-line coach in Paul Charbonneau -- a Wylie understudy -- to step up when the clinics create a conflict.

"I knew Bob Wylie was the best possible O-line coach I could get for our football team," said O'Shea. "When I talked to players around the league who were coached by him they said he was the best O-line coach they ever had.

"Bob will be away a few more times, too. In my mind, if Bob Wylie was available one day a week I'd hire him. That's how much I think of him. We needed him. He's a difference maker."

Same with the new STC who's connection is clearly Kavis Reed via Hugh Campbell via Mike Riley.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:12 am

HfxTC wrote:Couple big question marks on that coaching staff are the STC and the OLC. Paul Charbonneau's connection to the team is Kavis Reed who worked with Wylie in Saskatchewan, so no surprise that he was likely referred to Jim Popp... He also has a connection with Steve Buratto who has a connection with Chapdelaine.

Charbonneau is the question mark. I think Read will be fine. He's got a metric ton of experience as an STC and I'm sure Thorpe, who spent many years in that position, can give him pointers on the nuances of special teams in the Canadian game. Also, for the first time since 2012, we'll have a competent head coach who can properly oversee his coordinators.

Same with the new STC who's connection is clearly Kavis Reed via Hugh Campbell via Mike Riley.

In hindsight, and based on remarks Reed has made in the past few months, it seems pretty clear that Kavis was the unofficial GM while he was in Edmonton. Tillman let him do most of the work, except for when he decided to trade the star QB for a bag of footballs without his HC's consent.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:30 am

Well... That's the story Kavis pushed after the fact but I clearly remember when the Edmonton press questioned Reed at the time of the trade he was clearly supportive of it publicly... So either he lied to the media when the trade was made or when things went south.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:16 am

HfxTC wrote:Well... That's the story Kavis pushed after the fact but I clearly remember when the Edmonton press questioned Reed at the time of the trade he was clearly supportive of it publicly... So either he lied to the media when the trade was made or when things went south.

LOL, what was he going to do, attack his GM in the open press for making a terrible trade? That's not a lie, that's basic self-preservation.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:54 am

Not passing moral judgement but he can't then hide behind that trade for his failure as a HC in Edmonton.
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext