Jovan Olafyoye?

Re: Jovan Olafyoye?

by okie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:04 pm

I suspect Shawn Gore already spoke to Wally Buono of plans to retire but was told not to say anything publically until he could acquire another non-import. That or Wally thinks if a someone is undecided about continuing, that is essentially saying that his heart is no longer into playing professional football.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:47 am

Bigshot wrote:Je ne comprend pas pourquoi vous hésiter avec cet échange, Foucault (28 ans sans expérience dans lcf avec un départ tres peu convainquant dans la nfl en 3 ans dont la derniere année avec aucune équipe qui voulait le signer même sur l'équipe de pratique et qui veut un salaire de partant avant même d'avoir fait ses preuves) contre Olafoyie ( 29 ans joueur tout étoile en plein dans ses meilleures années et une valeur sûre). Je ferai cette échange n'importe quand, reste à voir qui est l'autre joueur impliquer des Als et celui de BC. Pour Simmons, Reed a fait cette échange avant de savoir que Olafoyie était disponible et peut être une bonne sécurité du côté droit comme RT donc avant de paniquer, attendons de voir qui d'autre est impliqué.

Je ne vois pas qui panique ici. On s'interroge, sans plus.

Cet échange serait fait si tous les morceaux étaient tombés à leur place déjà. C'est donc que quelque chose ne fonctionne pas encore, peu importe de quelle part.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:57 am

RichardVeilleux wrote:As HfxTC has already written, David Foucault will realize that it is much,much, more expensive in BC than in Quebec/Montreal. I also doubt that Wally will sign him for more than $105,000.

Si c'est ça, je me demande si Foucault sait compter comme il faut. Ça ferait 15 000$ de plus que l'offre des Alouettes. Enlève 47,7% d'impôt, il reste 7 845$ sur le 15 000$. C'est combien un loyer dans le coin de Vancouver? C'est combien à Montréal? Et je parle pas du reste. Même pour 6 mois, il lui reste pas un cent de plus dans ses poches.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:22 am

The most indispensable quality of an all star offensive linesman is intelligence...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by okie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Official Trade:

To Montreal: Jovan Olafioye + "Future Considerations" (I assume is the Neg List Player to be Determined)
To BC: David Foucault + Vincent Brown
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 pm

okie wrote:Official Trade:

To Montreal: Jovan Olafioye + "Future Considerations" (I assume is the Neg List Player to be Determined)
To BC: David Foucault + Vincent Brown

Excellent. I was worried about Kavis giving away the farm in this trade, but this is fine. In fact, I would venture to say (on paper anyway) that we won this trade. Foucault has proven nothing and Vincent Brown is a nobody. We get one of the best left tackles in the league in his physical prime and whatever neg list player Kavis was able to swing.

Say what you will about Kavis but you cannot say he isn't actively trying to make the team better. I still think Tillman played him big-time in the Plesius and Simmons trades but getting Olafioye makes up for it. :thup: :thup: :thup:
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Nothing wrong with what we got but we paid through the nose with a first round Canadian tackle and an NFL caliber Z receiver.

I would not be surprised if Buono was after the receiver and flips Foucault back out east.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:37 pm

HfxTC wrote:Nothing wrong with what we got but we paid through the nose with a first round Canadian tackle and an NFL caliber Z receiver.

What? Brown is an offensive tackle, not a receiver.
Hall of Famer

by LeStaf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:44 pm

La confirmation de cette transaction vient assurer qu'il y aura au moins un bloqueur de qualité pour protéger le côté gauche de Durant. Ce n'est évidemment pas du luxe, et les Alouettes pourront combler les autres positions avec des joueurs de talent avec le personnel existant. Reste à savoir si c'est un joueur international ou national qui va combler le poste de bloqueur à droite, mais même s'il ne fait pas le boulot, les Alouettes auront des alternatives.

Les Alouettes donnent un joueur qui n'a rien prouvé, un autre qui n'a pas su garder son poste en 2016 et un joueur qui ne viendra peut-être jamais jouer au Canada.

Je ne vois pas en quoi les Alouettes ont fait une mauvaise transaction dans ce processus et s'il s'avère que les joueurs qu'ils ont concédé font bien à Vancouver, il faudra en donner le crédit à Wally d'avoir fait ses devoirs. Mais je ne pense pas qu'Olafyoye fera honte à cette transaction.
All-Star

by Grover » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Interesting read from Lions beat writer Lowell Ulrich here

http://3downnation.com/2017/03/27/lions ... int-money/

IMHO
MTL got the better player by far

BC got the better Canadian, but he must be a starter on the Oline for BC to win this trade.

I imagine Wally will be using the #3 overall pick to take a NAT Olineman
Last edited by Grover on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm

You can't go wrong trading for the best offensive linesman in the league and he's in fantastic shape.

Great get by Kavis. Not sure how we are paying for all this talent but i likes it, i likes it a lot.
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Herb writes that Jovan Olafioye has signed a new deal with the Als and was forced to take a reduction, "although he received an undisclosed signing bonus to soften the blow". "The signing bonus was important"said the Detroit native. "It's good enough for me.I'm just ready to play football".

Herb also writes : "The Lions focus shifted to Foucault after they originally expressed an interest in guard Philippe Gagnon". I am glad that they did not trade Gagnon. He was good in his rookie season and will be much better in 2014.

Richard
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 pm

HfxTC wrote:You can't go wrong trading for the best offensive linesman in the league and he's in fantastic shape.

Great get by Kavis. Not sure how we are paying for all this talent but i likes it, i likes it a lot.

Olafyoye is making less than Perrett was, in all likelihood. We walked away from Venable and his inflated salary, Parker retired, Phillips likely cost less than Brouillette, and Cash would have cost more than Westerman. Jackson replaces D. Carter. I don't know how they'll balance the books but it's not out of reach IMO and Raiche's job will be to figure out all the Quebec loopholes to save the team money against the cap. I think it's doable.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:55 pm

We also added #4...

It would be fun if Richard did a little table with the cuts from last year's tem including the cousins and then comparing it with the additions.

Richard? :)
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:20 am

I do know that teams don't exceed salary cap in March, but let's say that tough decision will have to be made in order to be within the cap in 2017.

Presently, taking a "cushion/reserve/ provisions" of only $228,000 for players on 1 game injured list and $150,000 for players on practice roster, I come up with a total of $5,228,000, compared to a max. approved cap of $5,150,000for 2017.My total number is for 46 active players at $4,850,000-average of roughly $105,000- +$228,000 + $150,000.

The major impact has been the addition of Durant at $400,000; last season, Glenn was paid $150,000.-He received a bonus of $150,000 in December 2015, so his salary was $300,000, but the impact on 2016 was $150,000; in fact, it was closer to $90,000, since he was traded to Winnipeg during the season. Vernon Adams and Rakeem Cato earned a total of roughly $168,000.

Additions of Olafioye and Jackson will add roughly $342,000; then you have to add Westerman, Sholagan and Simmons at no less than $360,000 for the three +Gabriel Knapton certainly received an increase of definitely no less than $50,000. Yes, players such as Perrett, Brouillette, Venable, Duron Carter, Kenny Stafford and Billy Parker -now coach- were highly paid players, but these exclusions don't offset the additions, again because of the QB at $400,000.

As I wrote before, high paid players such as S.J. Green, Bear Woods, John Bowman and Chip cox will have,if not already done, to take pay reductions; if not, particularly Bowman and Cox could be released at the end of training camp if a $60,000 Int. player is as good; I do think that John Bowman is the most likely to be released; to me, he did not have a great season in 2016. S.J. Green may start the season on the 6 game injured list,to save monies/reduce costs.

Finally, as in 2016, most injured players will go to the 6 game injured list, since the costs of these injured players don't go against the cap. With provisions of only $228,000 for 1 game injured players, you can't average more than 3 or 3.5 players on that list for 2017.

Richard
All-Star

PreviousNext