Popp-Testman-Toronto

Re: Popp-Testman-Toronto

by idealsheldon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:Part of being a fan is questioning a team when moves like these are made. We always like to think we are smarter than the GM and Head Coach, and of course we are. :D

Well Reed cut Jonathan Crompton today. So, he is slowly catching up to us! :D

:D :D
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by tony » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:16 pm

LeStaf wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:But he was on the actual roster at the end of the season having dressed for the final game.

I`m guessing he didn`t fit in the team`s plans and they released him at some point.

McDaniel ne m'a pas convaincu. Je pense que les Alouettes vont donner une chance à Moore et Jackson, sans compter les autres qui pourraient venir.

Curieusement, lorsque j'ai félicité Kavis Reed pour Olafyoye, j'ai mentionné que la prochaine position à améliorer serait les porteurs de ballon. Peut-être que quelque chose s'en vient de ce côté. :lol:

C est difficile de montrer ces talent quands il n a pas eu vraiement la chance.
Il y avait des matches l annee passe qu il pourra jouer au moins la meme que Rutley..
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:31 am

And good old Coach Trestman still in his bubble (or pretending to be):

Since being hired nearly two months ago, the Argonauts head coach has been in his own little Double Blue bubble, which can only be considered a good thing.

You’ll have to excuse Trestman if he doesn’t have time for what’s going on elsewhere. He has a last place, 5-13 team of his own to rebuild, one that has nothing to do with VY, Regina or the mini-camp going on at Historic Dodgertown in Vero Beach.

Trestman had no idea the radar was even on, let alone the fact they’re flying under it while competing for attention down here with the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ yearly pilgrimage south.

“I don’t know anything about it,” Trestman said prior to taking the field at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., on Wednesday, the second of three mini-camp practice days for the Argos. “I don’t pay attention to what’s going on.”

Vince Young? University of Texas? No. 3 overall NFL pick in 2006? The biggest story of the winter, perhaps equalled only by your hiring? That guy.

“I’ve seen Vince Young play for about five minutes one time in the fourth quarter of a bowl game,” said Trestman, who was the offensive co-ordinator at North Carolina State the year of Young’s 2006 Rose Bowl performance and about 23 months before he’d be handed the Montreal Alouettes’ coaching reins in December of 2007. “Other than that, I’ve never even seen him play.”

How’d Young do in that game?

“I don’t remember, it was so long ago,” Trestman deadpanned. “I think he won the game.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/04/26/co ... gos-bubble
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:45 pm

He's smarter than all of these reporters put together. ALL of them.

I pity the fool who's going to attempt to drag Trestman down a path, through a funnel into a quagmire.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Trestman is certainly not a stupid guy, but what would kill him to say "Yeah I certainly heard Young is making a comeback with the Roughriders. I wish him well, except maybe when they play us."

He likes to send the message that he is so focused on his job, he has no idea what is going on beyond his locker room. Perhaps to discourage the media from asking him too many questions. Well with the situation in Toronto, if anything you need the Head Coach talking up the CFL.
All-Star

by jamie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Ridiculous comments by Trestman.

Either he is stupid or lying.

Why play that silly game in a town than needs some dialogue between press and team.

Just causes more cynical eye rolling. Just Spicer like.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 pm

jamie wrote:Ridiculous comments by Trestman.

Either he is stupid or lying.

Why play that silly game in a town than needs some dialogue between press and team.

Just causes more cynical eye rolling. Just Spicer like.

I think you are missing the point. Why would a Toronto reporter spend time asking his first questions of the year about a Prairie team instead of covering topics centering around the Argos ???? How does it help the Argos exposure for Trestman to talk about a team he has nothing to do with ?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Well that's true enough I guess taken in that cotext.
Was that the case?
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:59 pm

jamie wrote:Well that's true enough I guess taken in that cotext.
Was that the case?

Think about it, this is Scott Mitchell from the Toronto Sun... The last article he wrote about the Argos before this. Was this

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/31/ar ... icky-foley

Draw your own conclusions :wink:
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 pm

I don't see any correlation.
One hopes that Trestman and Popp don't follow their own press hating habits into a new market place. It does them no good.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Popp never hated the press - on the contrary - he once even invited a Journal de Montreal reporter to his North Carolina home. He will eventually be the face of the Argos.

Trestman on the other hand is very guarded, although always very polite. You can`t expect him to be Leo Cahill, but part of his mandate should be to help market the Argos and the CFL.

You`re asked a question about Vince Young, whether innocent or not, you give an intelligent response, instead of pretending you live in a cave.
Last edited by idealsheldon on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by jamie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Yeah I guess with Popp it was just more the key writer for the Gazette,
It just seems like his regime was always at odds with the media going back years.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Mon May 01, 2017 10:21 am

Jeff Perrett retires - kind of a surprise. Why sign a contract a week ago and then retire so soon? Hopefully nothing to do with his past issues.

Dobson Collins released - not a surprise.

http://www.argonauts.ca/2017/05/01/argo ... mini-camp/
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon May 01, 2017 10:44 am

idealsheldon wrote:Jeff Perrett retires - kind of a surprise. Why sign a contract a week ago and then retire so soon? Hopefully nothing to do with his past issues.

Ça ressemble à Dominic Picard l'an dernier. Une fois sur le terrain, le goût n'y était peut-être plus.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by LeStaf » Wed May 17, 2017 7:48 am

Popp et Trestman disent les bonnes choses pour mousser leur équipe. Dommage que ça ne semble pas avoir d'écho à Toronto.

Je persiste à penser que Ray va encore manquer un bon bout de la saison (je ne le souhaite pas, mais son historique récent tend vers ça), et c'est là qu'on va voir la vraie valeur de Trestman comme gourou de quarts-arrières.

Bruno Heppell a dit à quelqu'un qui y a fait un commentaire qu'il fallait se méfier des Argonauts, qu'ils seront meilleurs que ce qu'on peut en penser. Ce que je remarque de Bruno, c'est qu'il a tendance à conclure rapidement. On n'a pas vu jouer une seule partie cette saison, aussi, il est difficile de prédire qui va ressortir et qui va régresser. On voit comment les équipes ont été bâties, mais ça ne suffit pas pour prédire la saison. Qui l'an dernier aurait dit au mois de mai que l'équipe terminant avec une fiche de 8-9-1 gagnerait la Coupe Grey sur une équipe qui a terminé avec une fiche de 15-2-1? Va falloir se la rappeler, celle-là!

http://www.rds.ca/football/lcf/avec-popp-et-trestman-toronto-vise-haut-1.4508660
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

PreviousNext