Popp-Testman-Toronto

Re: Popp-Testman-Toronto

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:31 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Hey I see where they just stole a player from us - former Notre Dame RB Cam McDaniel who was on our practice roster last season. He signed with the Argos today. He looked good in training camp/pre-season but not really a great loss.

As an aside, I believe he came from a wealthy background as he is the only practice roster roster player I know who was living in Westmount.

Obviously Chapdelaine wasn't enamored with him because he kept using Rutley. So good on the kid to get an opportunity in Toronto.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:19 pm

I still have no idea what the team sees in Rutley.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 pm

I definitely don't understand why McDaniel was released -when? we don't know- by the Alouettes.

Some of their moves are difficult to understand.

Richard
All-Star

by okie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:01 am

I have no idea how Cam McDaniel ended up in Toronto. McDaniel was there in training camp in 2016 and placed on the Practice Squad at the beginning of the season. He stayed there until the last game of year against Hamilton when he finally dressed for a game. Total stats for the year was 2 carries for 6 yards. After the season, the Als cleared their practice roster and McDaniel was placed on the off-season roster. He remained on the website roster as late as Sunday April 2, 2017.

So, how were the Argos able to sign McDaniel? Is it because he was labeled a practice roster player and teams are able to just grab them off other teams? The Als never made it official that McDaniel was released unless it happened Monday April 3, 2017.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:53 am

A practice roster player becomes a free agent immediately when the season ends. So he signed with Toronto as a free agent during the off season at some point.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:45 am

But he was on the actual roster at the end of the season having dressed for the final game.

I`m guessing he didn`t fit in the team`s plans and they released him at some point.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by Grover » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:37 am

Joey Abrams‏ @Joey_Abrams 18h18 hours ago
Keep an eye on Cam McDaniel in Toronto. He has a skill set that Trestman will utilize like no other. #Argos #NotreDame #CFL
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:44 am

Grover wrote:Joey Abrams‏ @Joey_Abrams 18h18 hours ago
Keep an eye on Cam McDaniel in Toronto. He has a skill set that Trestman will utilize like no other. #Argos #NotreDame #CFL

Joey getting paid ?
Hall of Famer

by LeStaf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm

idealsheldon wrote:But he was on the actual roster at the end of the season having dressed for the final game.

I`m guessing he didn`t fit in the team`s plans and they released him at some point.

McDaniel ne m'a pas convaincu. Je pense que les Alouettes vont donner une chance à Moore et Jackson, sans compter les autres qui pourraient venir.

Curieusement, lorsque j'ai félicité Kavis Reed pour Olafyoye, j'ai mentionné que la prochaine position à améliorer serait les porteurs de ballon. Peut-être que quelque chose s'en vient de ce côté. :lol:
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Part of being a fan is questioning a team when moves like these are made. We always like to think we are smarter than the GM and Head Coach, and of course we are. :D

But I`m going to give Reed the benefit of the doubt for now. Some of his moves have come off as Brendan Tamanish, but Job 1 for him was bringing the offense up to competitive standards and attractive to fans standards. And by bringing in Durant, Jackson, and Olafioye he has certainly accomplished this.

Next on his agenda should be upgrading the young National talent on the team.

All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Part of being a fan is questioning a team when moves like these are made. We always like to think we are smarter than the GM and Head Coach, and of course we are. :D

But I`m going to give Reed the benefit of the doubt for now. Some of his moves have come off as Brendan Tamanish, but Job 1 for him was bringing the offense up to competitive standards and attractive to fans standards. And by bringing in Durant, Jackson, and Olafioye he has certainly accomplished this.

Next on his agenda should be upgrading the young National talent on the team.

I'm going to reserve judgement by what team makes it out of camp. He could have six million on the payroll right now for all we know. Since the CFL refuses to be transparent about player contracts we have no idea if his roster can even be dressed.
Hall of Famer

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:06 am

disciplineandpunish wrote:I still have no idea what the team sees in Rutley.

Agreed. His only real skill is getting YAC yards, after catching a short pass in wide open space. He can't run between the tackles and cannot really turn the corner either. Not tough either.
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 am

PHOQUE!

Trestman is the coach who took Cobourne, a player who had been on the Als roster for 2 years with nothing to show for it (he had even been moved to linebacker), and made him a triple threat running back (running, catching and blocking).

If Trestman wanted McDaniels, he will do something potent with him. :roll:
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:15 am

idealsheldon wrote:Part of being a fan is questioning a team when moves like these are made. We always like to think we are smarter than the GM and Head Coach, and of course we are. :D

Well Reed cut Jonathan Crompton today. So, he is slowly catching up to us! :D
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

Well Joey, can you tell us why your mentor Head Coach Mr. Popp used Rutley instead of McDaniel when Sutton was injured mid-season?

All-Star

PreviousNext