Popp-Testman-Toronto

Re: Popp-Testman-Toronto

by idealsheldon » Wed May 17, 2017 9:53 am

I can`t lie and say it doesn`t bother me to see Trestman and Popp in Toronto. Somehow it doesn`t feel right.

I have Trestman`s email from back in the day which I`ve used over the years to congratulate him on things. I did so when he was hired in Toronto and he quickly thanked me, not really knowing who I am. So he is the gentleman`s gentleman.

As far as Trestman the Head Coach, I felt that he was too much into his offensive co-ordinator role, relying too heavily on his assistants for defense and special times, often to his detriment.

The west coast offense he brought to the Alouettes was certainly innovative, but it has since spread throughout the league and defenses have had the time to catch on. It will be interesting to see if he has anything innovative to bring to the CFL this go around.

As for Popp, he appears to be rejuvenated. The question I have is if he will continue to try to be the home run hitter looking for the big names to add to the Argos. Or if he can keep a lower profile and pound the pavement looking for unpolished gems like he did in his Alouette beginnings.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed May 17, 2017 10:21 am

There won't me much of an effect on Toronto's offence going for Milanovich to Trestman. The key to Toronto's success is Ricky's health.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by LeStaf » Wed May 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Je crois qu'un facteur sera dominant dans les succès ou les infortunes des Argonauts : Corey Chamblin. Pour moi, c'est leur talon d'Achille.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed May 17, 2017 1:37 pm

LeStaf wrote:Je crois qu'un facteur sera dominant dans les succès ou les infortunes des Argonauts : Corey Chamblin. Pour moi, c'est leur talon d'Achille.

I`m not a fan of Chamblin either. Trestman with his late start might not have had many options.

They also have a rookie Special Teams coach in Kevin Eiben. Our old friend Tracksuit, alias Andy Bischoff, somehow has survived Trestman`s firing and is still listed as an Offensive Assistant with the Ravens.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Trestman n'avait peut-être pas beaucoup d'options, mais s'adjoindre d'un gars qui a prouvé son incompétence et le promouvoir comme assistant-entraîneur-chef n'est pas nécessairement une bonne idée. Je peine à croire qu'avec tous les contacts qu'ils ont, Popp et Trestman n'ont pu trouver mieux que Chamblin.

Enfin, si ça s'avère qu'il est aussi génial qu'en 2015, leur malheur fera le bonheur des Alouettes.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Argos gave up almost 600 points last year. Marc's roster will likely make that worse.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

Previous