David Foucault

Re: David Foucault

by Niagara Als » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Phil Blake went from the CIS to make an NFL team. So did Bourke and, so did Marten although Marten started as a DL unlike the others who started the OL. Does anyone know what these guys made when they started to play for the Als. I would think that they did not make $95 000 which I believe is what the Als offered Foucault.
All-Star

by Crazy Canuck » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Niagara Als wrote:Phil Blake went from the CIS to make an NFL team. So did Bourke and, so did Marten although Marten started as a DL unlike the others who started the OL. Does anyone know what these guys made when they started to play for the Als. I would think that they did not make $95 000 which I believe is what the Als offered Foucault.

Blake and Bourke both played in the NCAA, not CIS.
Starter

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:29 am

HfxTC wrote:
GHT120 wrote:Perhaps an eventual compromise might be a base salary with bonuses for games started / % of downs played?

55k plus 5k for every game started = Potential of 135k

Bet you they wouldn't take the deal.

His NFL career is over. If he does not sign with the Als, Johnny suggests renaming him Fou CON.
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by HfxTC » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:01 am

He knows that, they are just using this phantom NFL career to leverage the Als. I think Catherine Raiche is just too smart :)
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by schmenger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:55 pm

I suggest we call "Johnny" the Peanut Butter and Hotdogs Kid!
Starter

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:59 pm

schmenger wrote:I suggest we call "Johnny" the Peanut Butter and Hotdogs Kid!

You sound like "Als rule" with slightly better grammar and punctuation. Either way...

"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by schmenger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Johnny is that your own personal poster?
Starter

by LeStaf » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:15 am

Il semble que Foucault croit encore pouvoir faire sauter la banque.

http://theprovince.com/sports/football/cfl/bc-lions/contract-for-nfl-vet-david-foucault-is-lions-next-objective-to-tackle

Je me demande si le fait que Charbonneau aurait été son entraîneur aurait pesé dans la balance?
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:51 am

First of all I have to say I would have bet money that the Als were finally going to sign Foucault. Particularly in light of Andrew`s supposed determination to have the team get closer to the Quebec University community.

As far as the disconnect between the Als and Foucault, I think they studied his play and rightly or wrongly did not feel he was a legitimate CFL starting tackle at this point in time. Similar to jettisoning Perrett who they also no longer considered a CFL starting tackle. And Perrett has still not been picked up by anyone.

As for Foucault, I`m not in his head of course, but it certainly must be stinging him when he sees his fellow Quebec OT Duvernay-Tardif really sauter la banque.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:08 pm

As Hfx posted a while back, Foucault has spent the past few years on the bench. His one NFL start was not great. He's almost 30. Why exactly does he feel he's worth top dollar, again? I don't get it.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Lions wanted Gagnon who is almost six years younger than Foucault. I suspect the Lions will start Foucault off as a sixth dressed linesman and eventually will find him a spot at guard or tackle.

While he's shown on their roster page. I've seen nothing that he has yet been signed either.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:35 pm

I'm glad Kavis stood his ground and didn't let himself get bamboozled by Wally. I still hate the Simmons and Plesius trades but I can grit my teeth and bear them if Kavis shows me he's got a learning curve. And the Foucault trade is giving me hope.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:23 pm

David Foucault et les Lions se sont entendus sur un contrat de 3 saisons.

Maintenant qu'il a signé, que sera la compensation future aux Alouettes?

Richard
All-Star

by LeStaf » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:David Foucault et les Lions se sont entendus sur un contrat de 3 saisons.

Maintenant qu'il a signé, que sera la compensation future aux Alouettes?

Richard

Un choix de première ronde? :wink:
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:13 pm

We'll get a mid to late rounder or a Canadian backup.
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext