Rakeem Cato Released???

Re: Rakeem Cato Released???

by GHT120 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:09 pm

AlsPal wrote:My issue is less with Cato being released and more with Crompton being on the roster instead of a young quarterbacks to try and groom...

I don't take anything so far to mean that they have "chosen" Crompton over anyone, or even intend to keep him.
Unless he has passed a medical, which I don't think happens now until camp, don't believe he can be released.
Any positive comments that have been made could simply be exactly what one would expect from any coach/GM as long as a player is on the team roster ... you find what you can say that is positive.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:40 pm

You don't call one of your QBs a CEO with a winning presence unless you're planning to bring him to camp.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:39 am

The 2017 Alouettes : A DB as General Manager and a CEO as quarterback.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by GHT120 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:16 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:You don't call one of your QBs a CEO with a winning presence unless you're planning to bring him to camp.

If he has a contract and hasn't passed a physical you can't cut him and have to bring him to camp.
Were he to be on the roster next season ...... absent unexpected brilliance in TC ...... I will be as disappointed as everyone else.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:22 pm

GHT120 wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:You don't call one of your QBs a CEO with a winning presence unless you're planning to bring him to camp.

If he has a contract and hasn't passed a physical you can't cut him and have to bring him to camp.
Were he to be on the roster next season ...... absent unexpected brilliance in TC ...... I will be as disappointed as everyone else.

But how long does he get to collect pay from an injury from two years ago? He didn't play virtually all of last season. At what point can we cut him?

Also, prepare to be disappointed. After reading Reed's disgusting CEO comments, I'm now convinced that they are going to make Crompton one of the backups behind Durant.
Hall of Famer

by GHT120 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:37 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:
GHT120 wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:But how long does he get to collect pay from an injury from two years ago? He didn't play virtually all of last season. At what point can we cut him?

Once he passes a physical, and I believe those need to for TS+C or in-season.
Sad that Crompton is a beneficiary, but it is a not unreasonable protection for players in a league that has contracts written on toilet paper (as does the NFL).
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:01 pm

He didn't play last year but collected a full year's worth of QB-level pay from us. Our obligation to him should be over, injury or no injury. Just my feeling. Obviously I take your point about passing the physical. :)
Hall of Famer

by LeStaf » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 am

Qu'arrive-t-il si Crompton ne se remet jamais de sa blessure? Les Alouettes doivent le garder jusqu'à la fin de son contrat? Ne peut-il pas être déclaré médicalement invalide pour jouer au football?
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by GHT120 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:31 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:He didn't play last year but collected a full year's worth of QB-level pay from us. Our obligation to him should be over, injury or no injury. Just my feeling. Obviously I take your point about passing the physical. :)

Ideally I agree, but unless there was specific wording crafted in the CBA (e.g., after one FULL season on IR a contract may be terminated) teams would dump players left and right when convenient.
All-Star

by GHT120 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:35 pm

LeStaf wrote:Qu'arrive-t-il si Crompton ne se remet jamais de sa blessure? Les Alouettes doivent le garder jusqu'à la fin de son contrat? Ne peut-il pas être déclaré médicalement invalide pour jouer au football?

Yes. It sucks with Crompton, and there is a great question of why JP gave him the deal, but it would also mean teams could dump "loyal warriors" like SJ Green mid-contract if they so chose.
All-Star

Previous