Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:48 pm

HfxTC wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:Not an inspiring signing. Shologan's best days are behind him. Depth pickup and nothing more.

Well as of today you have Shologan and Joseph as our interior Dline.

So sick of this team finding ways to frustrate and disappoint like 6 months before the season even starts. :thdn:
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:58 pm

So now we are picking up old clunkers on the cheap? No disrespect meant to Shologan, but Reed is now plugging holes with players who come cheap and bring little to the table. :roll:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by jkm » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Well, our D just got stronger.

If Woods and Bowman stay healthy and have a good season, we will have a pass rush.

Not impressed with the coaching staff, but who knows?
All-Star

by jamie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Great great Canadian pick-up. At least a very good depth guy with very possible starter upside.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 pm

jamie wrote:Great great Canadian pick-up. At least a very good depth guy with very possible starter upside.

You`re also a depth guy - Slant, Jamie, Hopper.

You`re not an Als fan, you don`t like us posters, can`t understand why you keep trolling here.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:15 pm

idealsheldon wrote:
jamie wrote:Great great Canadian pick-up. At least a very good depth guy with very possible starter upside.

You`re not an Als fan, you don`t like us posters, can`t understand why you keep trolling here.

We should do like we did with his Alias and all of us put him our ignore list.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:19 pm

You should organize that. PM folks if you have to as in the past.
Imagine...liking Shologan pick-up
You should just post the rules here.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:29 pm

HfxTC wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:

We should do like we did with his Alias and all of us put him our ignore list.

I won`t put anyone on a foe list, I find it a form of censorship. But I guess he`s on my shmo list and I react as necessary. Waiting for him to explain his knowledge of the Als forum of 4 years ago when he only joined last Oct. :roll:

Probably not fair to others though to clutter the forum with personal stuff.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by GHT120 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:40 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:So sick of this team finding ways to frustrate and disappoint like 6 months before the season even starts. :thdn:

I see him as a piece of a puzzle and until the puzzle is assembled I won't jump to conclusions about whether it is a tiger or kitten.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:44 pm

GHT120 wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:So sick of this team finding ways to frustrate and disappoint like 6 months before the season even starts. :thdn:

I see him as a piece of a puzzle and until the puzzle is assembled I won't jump to conclusions about whether it is a tiger or kitten.

If they sign Klassen, it looks a lot better. We have to wait and see. Listening to Raiche they have a very specific plan about how they want to go.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 pm

GHT120 wrote:

Anyone can see a trainwreck after it's happened. ;) After what the team has put us through the past four years, it is perfectly fair to assess their offseason moves, which can and should be assessed according to the player involved. I don't trust this organization to accurately assess the color of an orange at the moment, and it is entirely their own fault/doing. That garbage coaching staff they rolled out weeks late yesterday did nothing to inspire confidence. Faith and trust have to be earned.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:32 pm

HfxTC wrote:If they sign Klassen, it looks a lot better.

That, I agree with. They sign Klassen and it shows a strong commitment to starting a quality national at DT with good depth (given Klassen's injury history). If Klassen walks and we're just left with Shologan, though...
Hall of Famer

by okie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 am

HfxTC wrote:I don't trust that Als website one bit.

In addition to the change on the website roster, the team's news release also listed Jesse Joseph as a DE.

MONTREAL – The Montreal Alouettes announced on Friday that national defensive end Jesse Joseph has agreed to a two-year deal with the club.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017/01 ... ttes-nest/

For Keith Shologan, my feeling is that the Als will use him in the 4-3, but he will be on the bench when they play the 3-4. Either Chris Ackie is a starting LB or is the 4th LB in this formation. Answer probably depends on whether or not Kyries Hebert and Winston Venable return. For the other DT spot, the question of whether Alan-Michael Cash re-signs is likely dependent on their faith in Ray Drew.

Perhaps Shologan's contract is reasonable since he will not play every down. Money saved by not going after a bigger name DL could be used to re-sign the team's other pending free agents.
All-Star

by jamie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:33 am

New Membership rules:
Hate the new coaching staff
Hate the Shologan signing
Celebrate Milanovich departure from CFL as a bum after being pissed at him for leaving the Als.
Hate the Als PR department
Hate the ownership
Got it.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:41 am

This post was made by jamie who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Hall of Famer

PreviousNext