Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by idealsheldon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:27 pm

He didn`t have his best season last year with the Bombers, but he is a veteran who will certainly help with the ratio.

Will this affect Alan Michael Cash`s status?

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017/02 ... -shologan/
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star
 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by papazoola » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:36 pm

.....My humble opinion is that Sholo is firstly 'cap friendly' but his best years have come and gone....We paid him too much last year for what we received...So idealheldon is on to something....Who goes on the Als. roster?? I know we have any eye on a couple ... :wink:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what's NOT being said....AnonymousImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 12245
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:04 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by idealsheldon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 pm

papazoola wrote:.....My humble opinion is that Sholo is firstly 'cap friendly' but his best years have come and gone....We paid him too much last year for what we received...So idealheldon is on to something....Who goes on the Als. roster?? I know we have any eye on a couple ... :wink:


Cash to replace Euclid Cummings? Cash is very underrated, question is do the Als want to go National at DT so they can go International at OT.

Not sure you need DE Knapton, and I`m sure you`ll be bidding on Venable but will have lots of competition.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star
 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by idealsheldon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Shologan signed with the Als only one day after being released by the Bombers. His agent is Darren Gill, who is also Foucault`s agent.

Hopefully this wins Kavis Reed some points.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star
 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Remember what I wrote last year about releasing Vaughn Martin... :roll:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34509
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by disciplineandpunish » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Not an inspiring signing. Shologan's best days are behind him. Depth pickup and nothing more.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 19654
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:05 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:Not an inspiring signing. Shologan's best days are behind him. Depth pickup and nothing more.


Well as of today you have Shologan and Joseph as our interior Dline.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34509
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by papazoola » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:07 pm

idealsheldon wrote:
papazoola wrote:.....My humble opinion is that Sholo is firstly 'cap friendly' but his best years have come and gone....We paid him too much last year for what we received...So idealheldon is on to something....Who goes on the Als. roster?? I know we have any eye on a couple ... :wink:


Cash to replace Euclid Cummings? Cash is very underrated, question is do the Als want to go National at DT so they can go International at OT.

Not sure you need DE Knapton, and I`m sure you`ll be bidding on Venable but will have lots of competition.


.......possibly Cash...although you guys are pretty high on him...I like Knapton myself...he's my kind of player and certainly has more moxy than Cummings, who we were disappointed in...Came in with a lot of fanfare and put on a sombrero...Venable would be a nice addition...If I were Walters these guys would be on my list :wink:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what's NOT being said....AnonymousImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 12245
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:04 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:10 pm

papazoola wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:
papazoola wrote:.....My humble opinion is that Sholo is firstly 'cap friendly' but his best years have come and gone....We paid him too much last year for what we received...So idealheldon is on to something....Who goes on the Als. roster?? I know we have any eye on a couple ... :wink:


Cash to replace Euclid Cummings? Cash is very underrated, question is do the Als want to go National at DT so they can go International at OT.

Not sure you need DE Knapton, and I`m sure you`ll be bidding on Venable but will have lots of competition.


.......possibly Cash...although you guys are pretty high on him...I like Knapton myself...he's my kind of player and certainly has more moxy than Cummings, who we were disappointed in...Came in with a lot of fanfare and put on a sombrero...Venable would be a nice addition...If I were Walters these guys would be on my list :wink:


You guys don't have any more money than the Als do.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34509
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by idealsheldon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Actually the reason Shologan signed so quickly with the Als was that he realized we have no d-line coach. He figured I can do whatever I want!
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star
 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:40 pm

idealsheldon wrote:Actually the reason Shologan signed so quickly with the Als was that he realized we have no d-line coach. He figured I can do whatever I want!


Or a Durant connection. I mean there is nothing wrong with Shologan per say. He's a class act and works hard and probably means we've been unable to extend Klassen who we probably will lose to one of the Alberta teams.

One guy to watch for is Andy Fantuz, do the Als add another senior citizen to their group of receivers ?

List of guys that could fit our needs from other teams unsigned players.

Fantuz,Getzlaf, Williams, Jackson, Ellingson,Tolliver
Greenwood,Hurl
Westerman
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34509
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by papazoola » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 pm

HfxTC wrote:
papazoola wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:
Cash to replace Euclid Cummings? Cash is very underrated, question is do the Als want to go National at DT so they can go International at OT.

Not sure you need DE Knapton, and I`m sure you`ll be bidding on Venable but will have lots of competition.


.......possibly Cash...although you guys are pretty high on him...I like Knapton myself...he's my kind of player and certainly has more moxy than Cummings, who we were disappointed in...Came in with a lot of fanfare and put on a sombrero...Venable would be a nice addition...If I were Walters these guys would be on my list :wink:


You guys don't have any more money than the Als do.


.....Clearing the books and unloading guys like Shologan says different...I'd say we have enough to make some serious plays for some quality fa's....We shall see
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what's NOT being said....AnonymousImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 12245
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:04 pm

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by LeStaf » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:02 pm

HfxTC wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:Not an inspiring signing. Shologan's best days are behind him. Depth pickup and nothing more.


Well as of today you have Shologan and Joseph as our interior Dline.


Joseph est listé comme ailier défensif, un changement qui s'est opéré en même temps que le renouvellement de son contrat.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:30 pm

papazoola wrote:
.....Clearing the books and unloading guys like Shologan says different...I'd say we have enough to make some serious plays for some quality fa's....We shall see



So when the Als cut Perrett its a cap move to pay for Durant but when the Bombers cut Shologan to pay for Nichols its to make a serious play ?

Ok Papa go with that. :lol:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34509
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Als Sign DT Keith Shologan

by HfxTC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:31 pm

LeStaf wrote:
HfxTC wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:Not an inspiring signing. Shologan's best days are behind him. Depth pickup and nothing more.


Well as of today you have Shologan and Joseph as our interior Dline.


Joseph est listé comme ailier défensif, un changement qui s'est opéré en même temps que le renouvellement de son contrat.


I don't trust that Als website one bit.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34509
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests