Catherine Raîche et Joe Mack

Re: Catherine Raîche et Joe Mack

by HfxTC » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:37 am

I'm laughing too :lol:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:37 am

Proof will be in the pudding as they say. I expect very little, "bird dogging" requires a guy to be a travelling salesman most of the year and this guy by his own words and reputation will not do that for us. What we got here is a guy who'll work the phones a couple hours a day Dass it ! Is what I expect.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:53 am

HfxTC wrote:Proof will be in the pudding as they say. I expect very little, "bird dogging" requires a guy to be a travelling salesman most of the year and this guy by his own words and reputation will not do that for us. What we got here is a guy who'll work the phones a couple hours a day Dass it ! Is what I expect.

Well if he doesn't work and is lazy, you can be assured Johnny will start a thread with the words "Fire" and "Joe" and "Mack" in record time!

After all, Johnny did create this thread in tribute to Mack :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82705&hilit=worst+gm+cfl+mack
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:21 am

HfxTC wrote:Proof will be in the pudding as they say. I expect very little, "bird dogging" requires a guy to be a travelling salesman most of the year and this guy by his own words and reputation will not do that for us. What we got here is a guy who'll work the phones a couple hours a day Dass it ! Is what I expect.

As Durant's contract is to Richard, Joe Mack is to you. :wink: :wink: :wink: Climb in off the ledge, Hfx! You have so much to live for.

Seriously, though, this is an instance where Mack being based in the US will help us. He's not the GM, he's the assistant. Let him leverage whatever connections he has south of the border to bring talent up to us. Kavis isn't stupid and he knows that his GM career will be short-lived if he can't make his assistants earn their paychecks. Also, I strongly suspect that Kavis knows exactly what Mack is and isn't. He's using Mack for his connections but not expecting much else, which is why Raiche is around and we're retaining the whole team of international scouts (Okeke, etc.).

If Mack can unearth a few diamonds in the rough and nothing else, how do we lose? He's not the GM. All he does is make recommendations to the GM.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by tony » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Interesting article in the Globe and Mail on Catherine Raiche.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... e34318714/
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:39 pm

tony wrote:Interesting article in the Globe and Mail on Catherine Raiche.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... e34318714/

Merci Tony! :thup:
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by Niagara Als » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:18 pm

With Popp gone I was also wondering about the ability of this administration to find worthy imports and now, its the OL that remains our prime concern. With respect to Catherine Raiche, I believe Catherine is hitting above the glass ceiling. Really its about time a woman was hired for an executive position in the CFL. I am a proud feminist supporter and I believe our society and our country is very much in need of more women appointed to positions of power. It appears that this young lady has earned her appointment. Its happening, I just read that our banks are appointing qualified women to prestige positions. Our society will be much better off when more women are elected to highly ranked positions in government and other such endeavours. I would love to see the situation where women fill 50% of all governments in Canada. Bravo Catherine!!!!
All-Star

Previous