Durant's rights traded to Montreal

Re: Durant's rights traded to Montreal

by Bigshot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Also, Mincy is more cheaper then Venable if we lose them on FA
Rookie

by disciplineandpunish » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Venable is about 30 lbs. heavier than Cox and does not have anywhere near Cox's speed. SAM isn't like the other linebacker positions. You fill Mike and Will with more traditional LB types. You fill the SAM spot with a converted DB with high football IQ who plays aggressive and physical and can form-tackle properly. Mincy is about the same size as Chip.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 pm

There isn't a player in the CFL or that could be brought in as a rookie that can replace Chip Cox. He's going to the HOF and he's a unique combination.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Bigshot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:51 pm

HfxTC wrote:There isn't a player in the CFL or that could be brought in as a rookie that can replace Chip Cox. He's going to the HOF and he's a unique combination.

I know that but cox is near of the end career and we must go on ahead to replaced them.
Rookie

by disciplineandpunish » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:33 pm

HfxTC wrote:There isn't a player in the CFL or that could be brought in as a rookie that can replace Chip Cox. He's going to the HOF and he's a unique combination.

Agreed, and LeStaf mentioned that too. You don't "replace" a guy like Cox; you just fill his position as best you can. Generational talent at SAM linebacker and a surefire HoF candidate. :thup: :thup: :thup:

You know what's insane/scary about Chip? HE DOESN'T STUDY FILM. He said that in a Gazette piece a few years ago. He's not tendency-scouting out there, he is just reacting off of football instinct. :rockin:
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:27 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:

Agreed, and LeStaf mentioned that too. You don't "replace" a guy like Cox; you just fill his position as best you can. Generational talent at SAM linebacker and a surefire HoF candidate. :thup: :thup: :thup:

You know what's insane/scary about Chip? HE DOESN'T STUDY FILM. He said that in a Gazette piece a few years ago. He's not tendency-scouting out there, he is just reacting off of football instinct. :rockin:

An awesome player! When he retires, we will miss him :cry:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:39 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:

He's the best pure Athlete AND the best pure football player (extremely rare combination) in the CFL has seen in at least 20 years one the defensive side of the ball, possibly ever.

The quality I admire the most about him on the field is his stamina, he's the same guy 59 minutes into the game as he is at opening kickoff. Off the field he hates the media.... :) What's not to like.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

Previous