Team dodges first Reed bullet

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by HfxTC » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:17 pm

HfxTC wrote:
RichardVeilleux wrote:Do the Als want a "mentor" for their young QB's or a starting QB? Maybe Kavis Reed says that Kevin Glenn is not an option, but do you expect him to say otherwise since Kevin Glenn may not have cleared waivers,yet?

If they are crazy enough to pay Durant as much as $400,000 a season that's their problem, but I don't agree, but my opinion means nothing.

Richard
RichardVeilleux wrote:Do the Als want a "mentor" for their young QB's or a starting QB? Maybe Kavis Reed says that Kevin Glenn is not an option, but do you expect him to say otherwise since Kevin Glenn may not have cleared waivers,yet?

If they are crazy enough to pay Durant as much as $400,000 a season that's their problem, but I don't agree, but my opinion means nothing.

Richard


I think you're opinion is valid. It really depends how they want to build their roster and how far away they think our young QB's are.

I don't think you're 150k number is realistic, it is pie in the sky when Nichols and Willy are making/asking 400k or more.

As for the other part of your point. If a QB is not capable of starting, he's off no use to developing you're younger guys.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34776
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by LeStaf » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:39 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:Do the Als want a "mentor" for their young QB's or a starting QB? Maybe Kavis Reed says that Kevin Glenn is not an option, but do you expect him to say otherwise since Kevin Glenn may not have cleared waivers,yet?

If they are crazy enough to pay Durant as much as $400,000 a season that's their problem, but I don't agree, but my opinion means nothing.

Richard


Tes opinions sont très respectées de nous tous, mais je comprends mal ce regard, Richard.

Nous avions Glenn dans ce rôle précis la saison dernière et ses prestations ont été très décevantes. D'une certaine façon, il a forcé la main de l'équipe à le libérer. Si les défaites qu'on pourrait lui attribuer avaient été des problèmes de choix de jeu ou d'attaque mal conçue, je doute que cette décision aurait été prise. Mais lorsque les défaites venaient d'interceptions en fin de partie et d'autres mauvaises décisions de sa part, il faut aussi en tirer certaines conclusions.

Glenn serait moins cher que Durant, mais qu'aurait-il à apporter que nos jeunes quarts n'aient déjà vu?
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star
 
Posts: 5567
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by RichardVeilleux » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Moi aussi j'ai été déçu de Glenn en 2016, mais je serais prêt à le réinviter dans un role différent en 2017; en 2016, il était vu comme quart partant et payé ainsi; en 2017, j'espère que nos jeunes quarts, particulièrement Adams Jr. sera considéré comme partant, si nous voulons voir ce qu'il peut vraiment faire. Glenn serait plus "mentor".

Si les Alouettes sont prêts à payer Durant $400,000 comme quart partant, quart qui aura 35 ans en août 2017 et qui n'a pas joué une saison complète depuis 2010, aussi bien dire adieu à Adams dans un an ou deux. Pour moi, seulement deux quarts, soit Mike Reilly et Bo Levi Mitchell, méritent un salaire de $400,000 ou plus présentement.

Oui, Glenn a déçu en 2016, mais il n'est pas le seul à blamer. Si la faiblesse majeure de 2016-ligne offensive- n'est pas rectifiée en 2017, ce ne sera guère mieux en 2017, qu'importe qui le quart sera.

Richard
All-Star
 
Posts: 4727
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by HfxTC » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:33 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:Moi aussi j'ai été déçu de Glenn en 2016, mais je serais prêt à le réinviter dans un role différent en 2017; en 2016, il était vu comme quart partant et payé ainsi; en 2017, j'espère que nos jeunes quarts, particulièrement Adams Jr. sera considéré comme partant, si nous voulons voir ce qu'il peut vraiment faire. Glenn serait plus "mentor".

Si les Alouettes sont prêts à payer Durant $400,000 comme quart partant, quart qui aura 35 ans en août 2017 et qui n'a pas joué une saison complète depuis 2010, aussi bien dire adieu à Adams dans un an ou deux. Pour moi, seulement deux quarts, soit Mike Reilly et Bo Levi Mitchell, méritent un salaire de $400,000 ou plus présentement.

Oui, Glenn a déçu en 2016, mais il n'est pas le seul à blamer. Si la faiblesse majeure de 2016-ligne offensive- n'est pas rectifiée en 2017, ce ne sera guère mieux en 2017, qu'importe qui le quart sera.


Richard

On va changer ton login a Seraphain. :lol:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34776
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by HfxTC » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Well Richard, JC does not agree with you.

Herb Zurkowsky @HerbZurkowsky1
Head coach Jacques Chapdelaine informs me signing QB Kevin Glenn isn't an option moving forward. #AlsMTL
2:53 PM - 6 Jan 2017
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34776
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Well, I'm a bit surprised that they aren't even going to consider Glenn. Moving forward, I just hope they don't throw stupid money at Durant. Pay him what he's worth, but don't overpay because you're scared of going into the season with unproven quarterbacks.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 19685
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by RichardVeilleux » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Me too I am surprised that they are closing the door just like that to Kevin Glenn. Not too many options available.

Richard
All-Star
 
Posts: 4727
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by HfxTC » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:00 pm

disciplineandpunish wrote:Well, I'm a bit surprised that they aren't even going to consider Glenn. Moving forward, I just hope they don't throw stupid money at Durant. Pay him what he's worth, but don't overpay because you're scared of going into the season with unproven quarterbacks.



What is "Stupid money" ?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34776
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by AlsPal » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Kevin Glenn not a option?

Thank God, maybe I can watch this team next year
Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:53 pm

HfxTC wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:Well, I'm a bit surprised that they aren't even going to consider Glenn. Moving forward, I just hope they don't throw stupid money at Durant. Pay him what he's worth, but don't overpay because you're scared of going into the season with unproven quarterbacks.



What is "Stupid money" ?


There's no way he should make $400k or anything like that. I agree with Richard. When it comes to starting QB money, the only guys worth that coin are BLM and Mike Reilly: elite QBs in their physical prime with a prove track record of excellence. Durant, at almost 35 and after many injuries, is not in that group.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 19685
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by ro1313 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:13 am

HfxTC wrote:Saskatchewan is reporting Kavis tried to acquire Durant but Jones demanded Adams Jr. in return ! Luckily so far the rookie didn't let himself get plucked like a spring chicken.

Keep you're fingers crossed.



Why would the Als try to obtain a player who could bolt in 5 weeks?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 20374
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by HfxTC » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 am

ro1313 wrote:
HfxTC wrote:Saskatchewan is reporting Kavis tried to acquire Durant but Jones demanded Adams Jr. in return ! Luckily so far the rookie didn't let himself get plucked like a spring chicken.

Keep you're fingers crossed.



Why would the Als try to obtain a player who could bolt in 5 weeks?


Edmonton had done the same thing with Reilly. I think the idea is that a piece that will cost you 400k changes your strategy coming into free agency completely. So if you can get that taken care of up front then you know exactly how much money you have to offer your own guys ahead of Free agency and then you also know which FA you can afford or not when the market opens.

But giving away one of the top young QB prospects in the league (I think both are) defeats the purpose.

Also signals to Durant's agent that the Als are serious about signing Durant. Also lets Reed know how intent the Riders are on keeping Durant or not. But the price demanded by Jones was ridiculous.

Reading comment sections I think fans would be very angry with reason if Reed dumps our young quarterbacks fans have been paying to groom to acquire a player who is as two MAYBE three seasons left.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34776
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by ro1313 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:42 am

HfxTC wrote: if you can get that taken care of up front then you know exactly how much money you have to offer your own guys ahead of Free agency and then you also know which FA you can afford or not when the market opens.




Makes Sense
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 20374
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by okie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:32 pm

My interpretation is that the Als' Plan A is to sign Darian Durant. They specifically want him because he is available without compensation to another team, is not a long-term solution yet is a credible starter for 2017, and would be a mentor for Vernon Adams. Durant is a QB that the Als think is similar to Adams. No other QB out there better fits all those criteria.

So while Durant is the Als' top priority I believe that for the Riders, Chris Jones is not expecting a Durant re-signing. For the Bombers, Durant would be a Plan B or even a Plan C. So in my opinion, the Als are the only team serious about Durant and any offer they make would be basically bidding against themselves.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Team dodges first Reed bullet

by HfxTC » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Jones offered him 300k plus bonus incentives.

Right now that is what the Als would be bidding against. I don't think Durant trusts Jones at all so if the Als can put together a deal that protects Durant for the entire season and pays him at least that, we have a good shot. Luckily for the Als the Riders are in worse position to make the post season.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34776
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests