Eric Tillman
8%
Other
25%

Total votes : 24

Re: Who will be our new GM?

by Bigshot » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:
Bigshot wrote:Difficult to find as many comments and attitudes reflecting an order of double standards as in Montreal. It seems that the Canadian is enjoying a straight pass at the indecent limit when deciding in the internal and the weather as bad weather. It should be remembered that Réjean Houle, Serge Savard and Marc Bergevin had no DG experience before they came to this position. We turn to the Alouettes for similar appointments to the same post, whereas in the case of the Canadian the previous choices have not made so many tumults ... pathetic hockey town!

[i]It seems there is an unwritten rule with the Montreal hockey club, that only a francophone can be GM or HC. Look at the MTL hockey club's history over the last 20-30 years.

The last non french coach was Bob Berry, and that was 32 years ago! The last non french GM was Bob Gainey. But, Gainey spoke french well, and he was part of the great 70s teams. So, he gets a pass from the overzealous nationalists. Before Gainey, you have to go back to Irving Grundman, 33 years ago...

That hockey team will even rehire a former francophone HC (Therrien) for a second pass at the job, once it has gone through the few pro level francophone coaches available. This hockey club hinders itself competitively, by narrowing the pool of candidates in this manner. No other NHL club has to limit themselves this way.

That MTL hockey club is a political entity that answers to, and takes dollars from a population of individuals, who choose to be ignorant. A francophone GM and HC, a few beers in the fridge, tout est beau osti!

Mind you, Johnny is not anglophone. This is not an anti francophone diatribe. But, Johnny hates these kinds of fools' games, and the fools who choose and accept to play them :cowboy:

Well said johnny, me too I am not anglophone but I find it sorry this lack of judgment on the part of the media who have only for the CH.
Rookie

by GHT120 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:21 pm

idealsheldon wrote:
GHT120 wrote:
HfxTC wrote:Ray Lalonde who knows the Wetenhall very well. Says we are just starting to see the beginning of the meddling by Andrew... So we'll see.

Former (disgruntled?) employee predicts problems ................... shocking

Sorry, I watched the interview on the RDS site (please take a look) and all Lalonde said was that Andrew is taking a greater role in the team. No mention of meddling. Unless you`re referring to another Lalonde interview.

Good to hear, have to admit I didn't watch it; was just reacting to the comment posted by HfxTC
All-Star

by GHT120 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:51 pm

idealsheldon wrote:
okie wrote:The Waggle Episode 30 features an interview with Herb Zurkowsky.

Herb Zurkowsky: There's really no rhyme or reason to anything that this organization does anymore, and you mentioned Brock Sunderland. He actually had the longest interview of any of the candidates. And I was told that they were very high on him, and he interviewed very well. (And again I'm told that he was actually informed that this had been a Football Decision...Now this was last week). Had this been a Football Decision, that he would have got the job. Now I think when he was told that, they were thinking that Danny Maciocia was going to come onboard.

That's basically where this franchise is today. They have problems on the field, but they have equally as many hurdles to overcome off the field.

http://www.cfl.ca/thewaggle/

If Herb likes talking so much about "no rhyme or reason" or dysfunctional, he should do an interview on his employer:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e32454029/

And here in Montreal, I open up the Gazette`s sports section and there is no longer a stats page. I cannot get last night`s NHL scores, tomorrow`s NFL schedule, etc. :roll:

The Gazette stopped delivering to my area and ................ I found I don't miss it
Sports section had become largely irrelevant (wire service, national chain stories and local hacks)
And Herb had be irrelevant for a long time

And again I'm told that he was actually informed that this had been a Football Decision...Now this was last week). Had this been a Football Decision, that he would have got the job. Now I think when he was told that,
hasn't Herb proven that whatever source he thinks he has is either imaginary or just not plugged in.
All-Star

by GHT120 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:52 pm

HfxTC wrote:He's correct. They don't call it "Sainte-Flanelle" for nothing. Everything Habs related is sacro-saint.

But conversely, also subjected to electron-microscope like examination/debate
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:07 am

GHT120 wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:
okie wrote:The Waggle Episode 30 features an interview with Herb Zurkowsky.

Herb Zurkowsky: There's really no rhyme or reason to anything that this organization does anymore, and you mentioned Brock Sunderland. He actually had the longest interview of any of the candidates. And I was told that they were very high on him, and he interviewed very well. (And again I'm told that he was actually informed that this had been a Football Decision...Now this was last week). Had this been a Football Decision, that he would have got the job. Now I think when he was told that, they were thinking that Danny Maciocia was going to come onboard.

That's basically where this franchise is today. They have problems on the field, but they have equally as many hurdles to overcome off the field.

http://www.cfl.ca/thewaggle/

If Herb likes talking so much about "no rhyme or reason" or dysfunctional, he should do an interview on his employer:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e32454029/

And here in Montreal, I open up the Gazette`s sports section and there is no longer a stats page. I cannot get last night`s NHL scores, tomorrow`s NFL schedule, etc. :roll:

The Gazette stopped delivering to my area and ................ I found I don't miss it
Sports section had become largely irrelevant (wire service, national chain stories and local hacks)
And Herb had be irrelevant for a long time

And again I'm told that he was actually informed that this had been a Football Decision...Now this was last week). Had this been a Football Decision, that he would have got the job. Now I think when he was told that,
hasn't Herb proven that whatever source he thinks he has is either imaginary or just not plugged in.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 am

The internet has made papers irrelevant, they are too slow,too political and relied on advertising to stay afloat, now that this isn't enough they are being swallow'd up by giant corporations to be used as propaganda machines.

What has been fascinating the last three years is seeing their own paid employees using new media to advance their own brand at the expense of their employers. By "racing" on Twitter, blogs and other forms of "free media" they are effectively participating into a weird cult of suicide by killing off "Old media" that is feeding them.

All good :)
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:11 pm

RDS mentions-information from Herb- that Joey Abrams won't return with the Als.

Unfortunate for him or any person to learn, particularly at this time of the year,that you are no longer needed/out of a "job".

Richard
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:47 pm

RichardVeilleux wrote:RDS mentions-information from Herb- that Joey Abrams won't return with the Als.

Unfortunate for him or any person to learn, particularly at this time of the year,that you are no longer needed/out of a "job".

Richard

He won' be out of a job for more than a couple hours.
Hall of Famer

by idealsheldon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Some info From Lawless:

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 2h2 hours ago
Kavis Reed GM @MTLAlouettes interviewing for a director of player personnel. Ex @Wpg_BlueBombers GM Joe Mack + current CFL exec in running

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 2h2 hours ago
Kavis Reed @MTLAlouettes has sought permission from another club to speak with management staffer for director of player personnel role

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 54m54 minutes ago
Justin Casey and Catherine Raiche top list of internal candidates for @MTLAlouettes asst GM hire

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 35m35 minutes ago
Kavis Reed GM @MTLAlouettes will fill his staff by Dec. 31.

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 34m34 minutes ago
Raiche is a lawyer, well versed in #cfl CBA and SMS and is a sharp negotiator say #cfl sources.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Note to Andrew: "DRAFT DAY" IS A MOOOOVIE!

Somebody better get scouting ASAP...

Anyone find it strange none of the info coming from Montreal Sports reporters ?
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:48 pm

Interesting candidate. Not sure adding another employee with no experience in the postulated position is wise but at this point....

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... -alouettes

I wonder who the other DPP candidate his ? O'Day ? I'd much prefer O'Day than Mack.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:47 pm

I think they will be interviewing Geroy Simon..although Reed could view him as a threat in the long run. But Simon is a keeper and solidly in JC corner. Married a Montreal woman too. Might depend if he thinks he has a shot after Lions sale and Buono says goodbye. My gut thinks after the sale Dickenson becomes the king in BC and makes room for Simon.

Mack may be a safer pick for Reed and Mack, for all his critics, has been solid in US scouting.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:05 pm

I wonder what Hopper thinks about Simon and Mack.

All-Star

by jamie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:15 pm

What do you think of them is more to the point don't you think. Or at least who is your choice? Go ahead. Render an opinion. Your own opinion.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 pm

jamie wrote:What do you think of them is more to the point don't you think. Or at least who is your choice? Go ahead. Render an opinion. Your own opinion.

I take it then that you would prefer my opinions to the articles I post. I`m flattered. :roll:

Well I have a very high opinion of Simon, but don`t think they are interviewing him , nor would he leave BC. The Gazette story I posted said the Als are looking for a CIS scout so don`t think that would be Simon.

As for Mack, he did find some talented Internationals as Wpg. GM, but my concern is that he has been out of the loop now for 3 years, an eternity in pro sports these days.

All-Star

PreviousNext