Carter and Stafford Released

Re: Carter and Stafford Released

by HfxTC » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:22 pm

In other words I'd like to play for Edmonton or Calgary but Saskatchewan is the only team interested.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by RichardVeilleux » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:45 pm

I also doubt that Calgary or Edmonton would be interested in Duron,unless he accepts to play for $90,000 or so. Saskatchewan? Their priority should be QB Durant, but may not be same priority for Chris Jones.

Richard
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Harvey in Edmonton might be tempted with Darrell Walker likely headed to the NFL.

And Genius Jones in Sask. who is already playing hardball with Durant certainly won`t throw money at Carter.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by RichardVeilleux » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Along with you, Sheldon, when I first heard the news, I thought that Edmonton would/could be his destination, since,as you wrote, Walker wants to test the NFL; also the reason why I wrote that Duron would have to accept a modest salary, compared to 2016; with Reilly apparently making at least $400,000 and Bowman no less than $200,000, they could not afford Duron at much more than $90,000; only exception would be if they have 2016 cap space and give Duron a signing bonus,before end of 2016.

Richard
All-Star

by GHT120 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:46 pm

idealsheldon wrote:gary lawless ‏@garylawless 4h4 hours ago

No @cfl #cfl news breaking this week but @DC_CHILLIN_8 Duron Carter has narrowed his focus to @calstampeders @EdmontonEsks @sskroughriders

#whogivesashoot
#gobeanasssomewhereelse
#oldnews
#seeyounextyearmaybe
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:58 am

RichardVeilleux wrote:Along with you, Sheldon, when I first heard the news, I thought that Edmonton would/could be his destination, since,as you wrote, Walker wants to test the NFL; also the reason why I wrote that Duron would have to accept a modest salary, compared to 2016; with Reilly apparently making at least $400,000 and Bowman no less than $200,000, they could not afford Duron at much more than $90,000; only exception would be if they have 2016 cap space and give Duron a signing bonus,before end of 2016.

Richard

Edmonton has Zylstra who produced over 500 yards in six games (projects to 1525 yards) as a #3 receiver. Hervey has zero problems scouting receivers and his locker room is of premium importance. He didn't even make an offer to Stafford.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by tony » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:01 pm

HfxTC wrote:
RichardVeilleux wrote:Along with you, Sheldon, when I first heard the news, I thought that Edmonton would/could be his destination, since,as you wrote, Walker wants to test the NFL; also the reason why I wrote that Duron would have to accept a modest salary, compared to 2016; with Reilly apparently making at least $400,000 and Bowman no less than $200,000, they could not afford Duron at much more than $90,000; only exception would be if they have 2016 cap space and give Duron a signing bonus,before end of 2016.

Richard

Edmonton has Zylstra who produced over 500 yards in six games (projects to 1525 yards) as a #3 receiver. Hervey has zero problems scouting receivers and his locker room is of premium importance. He didn't even make an offer to Stafford.

:thup:
All-Star

by tony » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Hard to believe the Stamps wanting Carter on their roster. Best team in the league without him, why would they want him now?
All-Star

by GHT120 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:37 pm

tony wrote:Hard to believe the Stamps wanting Carter on their roster. Best team in the league without him, why would they want him now?

THEY never said they did.
All-Star

by Stampguy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:46 am

GHT120 wrote:
tony wrote:Hard to believe the Stamps wanting Carter on their roster. Best team in the league without him, why would they want him now?

Exactly, this is a story reporting on where Carter wants to play, and not what teams want to sign him. As well as I think I know the Stampeder organization especially with Huff at the helm, and how him and Dickenson run things I put the chances of Calgary attempting to sign Duron Carter at 0%.

It won't happen because there is no upside to it for Calgary. Only bad could come from it from the Stamps perspective. For the record I think Carter is a talented receiver, but something isn't right with the guy.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Riders sign him because nothing Jones does surprises me.
Rookie

by tony » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:28 am

GHT120 wrote:

GH - When I say Hard to believe the Stamps wanting Carter, the context was not that they actually did.
Rather the opposite.
All-Star

by GHT120 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:53 am

tony wrote:
GHT120 wrote:

GH - When I say Hard to believe the Stamps wanting Carter, the context was not that they actually did.
Rather the opposite.

Tony - I took it that way. My point t was that I doubt the Stamps have even considered Carter at this point. To expand on that, I also doubt they would ever be interested.
All-Star

by tony » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:35 pm

I agree with you.

My original reply was my attempt at sarcasm.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:53 am

"Eskimos aren't going to pander to a player." - @Dave_CHED on #Esks on view of potentially adding WR Duron Carter. #CFL via @EskEmpirePod

So I guess that narrows the field to Sask., Arena League, Walmart, McDonald`s. (Am I allowed to put the apostrophe in?)

Talk about a talented guy messing up a career!
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:30 am

idealsheldon wrote:"Eskimos aren't going to pander to a player." - @Dave_CHED on #Esks on view of potentially adding WR Duron Carter. #CFL via @EskEmpirePod

So I guess that narrows the field to Sask., Arena League, Walmart, McDonald`s. (Am I allowed to put the apostrophe in?)

Talk about a talented guy messing up a career!

For a receiver to be worth 250k in the CFL, he has to be

Elite Producer (1500 to 2000 yards)
Leader on and off the field
Reliable
Durable
Committed (3 year of longer contract)

Duron has shown none of those things so far. On top of that is a constant distraction. Usually you invest in a young employee like that if you think he's about to take that maturity step. I mentioned that when he was signed, I was skeptical but figured Popp had made that clear to him. Unfortunately he's not there yet. Which points to other issues. It got him tossed out of two or three schools and because he's from a rich family it hasn't caused him the suffering most people go through when causing self-harm.

I don't blame Popp for the signing. Duron is talented, young, competitive, charismatic and enthousiasm is contagious which makes you think you can get him to take that step.
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext