What An Idiot

Re: What An Idiot

by HfxTC » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

slant wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:Billy Parker`s tweets on Herb are worth posting:

Billy Parker ‏@whpark17 30m30 minutes ago
Yo @Mr_Consistent_2, @HerbZurkowsky1 has been reckless and unprofessional reporter. This is a terrible article.

Billy Parker ‏@whpark17 29m29 minutes ago
You deserve better, @MTLAlouettes deserve better, @mtlgazette deserves better and our fans deserve better

Billy Parker ‏@whpark17 27m27 minutes ago
His job when we stop talking to him at all. @mtlgazette find someone else to write for the @MTLAlouettes

Personally I don't think players should individually engage in public pissing contests with local reporters, especially before a game.
If it needs to be done then I think the GM or president should take the heat off the players and make their own statement on behalf of.

Jim Popp has had a number of battles with the Zerk... Players are people just like you and I.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by GHT120 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:01 pm

HfxTC wrote:
disciplineandpunish wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:Billy Parker`s tweets on Herb are worth posting:

Billy Parker ‏@whpark17 30m30 minutes ago
Yo @Mr_Consistent_2, @HerbZurkowsky1 has been reckless and unprofessional reporter. This is a terrible article.

Billy Parker ‏@whpark17 29m29 minutes ago
You deserve better, @MTLAlouettes deserve better, @mtlgazette deserves better and our fans deserve better

Billy Parker ‏@whpark17 27m27 minutes ago
His job when we stop talking to him at all. @mtlgazette find someone else to write for the @MTLAlouettes

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Love Billy Parker. He's not a vocal type either, so when he talks it's because he has something to say.

Herb is sitting behind a bulletproof union contract. Would cost them more to fire him than it would pay him till retirement.

The TRUTH will set you free.
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Can you believe Herb posted this?! :lol:

"The genius of @rcamcole will be no more - at least in the pages of Postmedia. And that truly is sad in an industry filled with hacks."

Okay Herb! :lol: What's that saying about a pot and a kettle, and the color black...

https://twitter.com/HerbZurkowsky1/stat ... 9624780802
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Can you believe Herb posted this?! :lol:

"The genius of @rcamcole will be no more - at least in the pages of Postmedia. And that truly is sad in an industry filled with hacks."

Okay Herb! :lol: What's that saying about a pot and a kettle, and the color black...

Johnny, I`m a little concerned about your social life with all these early posts lately, but yeah one can only wish Herb would follow Cole into early retirement from Postmedia.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Herb is protected by a bullet proof union contract or he'd already be retired :lol:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by GHT120 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 pm

HfxTC wrote:Herb is protected by a bullet proof union contract or he'd already be retired :lol:

Think the word is "unemployed", not "retired"
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 am

idealsheldon wrote:

Johnny, I`m a little concerned about your social life with all these early posts lately, but yeah one can only wish Herb would follow Cole into early retirement from Postmedia.

Thanks for your concern Sheldon! But, everything's ok. Johnny is just in hibernation for the winter!

Johnny really hates winter, and days where it is completely dark by 4PM! :x
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Herb also doesn`t seem to play well with others:

@ Herb Zurkowsky1
#AlsMTL have made contract offer to OT David Foucault, former 1st-round draft choice. But he remains committed to testing NFL waters ...

Reply to @HerbZurkowsky1

jeremy filosa ‏@JeremyFilosa 3h3 hours ago

@HerbZurkowsky1 Had a story on this yesterday if you are curious:

Herb Zurkowsky ‏@HerbZurkowsky1 3h3 hours ago
@JeremyFilosa I am not.

jeremy filosa ‏@JeremyFilosa 3h3 hours ago

[b]Perfect @HerbZurkowsky1 answer!!![/b]
I`m not always right, I just think I am.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

"While terms of the contract weren’t disclosed, numerous sources have indicated Jackson was seeking an annual salary of at least $200,000. Reed, in turn, doesn’t want any player on the Als — other than the starting quarterback — earning more than $150,000.
On Monday, Reed told the Montreal Gazette it was the job of his scouts to find skilled players, such as receivers. And the addition of Jackson still fails to address Montreal’s biggest need, finding a pair of American offensive tackles."

Comme c'est petit... Comme disait Sol, pâvre de petit moi!

Herb est-il à ce point stupide pour penser qu'à force de vomir sur les Alouettes, ils vont lui donner les primeurs, ou même l'heure juste? Quand on lance des dards sans relâche sur quelqu'un, il finit par s'éloigner. Qu'il ne vienne pas alors se plaindre qu'il n'a plus la primeur, encore moins qu'il se fasse jouer des tours. Il l'a plus que cherché.

Une chance qu'il y a Éric Leblanc! Voilà un chroniqueur honnête.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:46 am

He's such a sad, venomous little "journalist." :lol:
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:
idealsheldon wrote:

Thanks for your concern Sheldon! But, everything's ok. Johnny is just in hibernation for the winter!

Johnny really hates winter, and days where it is completely dark by 4PM! :x

The only reason Herb has a job is because his union golden parachute is probably around the same thing as keeping him till he's 65. Journalism is dead, that's why you are seeing all the young guy try to build websites and blogs. They know the end is near :)
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Not a fan of the attacks on Herb's masculinity TBH. That's toxic -- the idea that he's somehow less of a man or that he must be sexually frustrated. This idea that you have to be a virile masculine manly man and if you're not, that's why you're an a-hole. Stop with this. It's part of the culture that encourages men to be misogynists.
Hall of Famer

by disciplineandpunish » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Johnny, I totally get it. But tying a man's sense of value to his ability to get laid is part of rape culture, where men feel they have to "get" women by any means necessary to belong to the club. I know you weren't intending that, more reflecting your own frustration (hey, mine too) when we go too long without "luvin". ;)

Put it another way: there is SO MUCH material for you to use to take down Herb Z without this stuff. You are the master of the roast. Go to it. :D :D :D
Hall of Famer

by sully » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 am

I've cleaned up this thread a little bit. As I think a few have mentioned, we don't need to disparage a member of the press with insinuations about their personal life; his professional output is where our critiques should go. :)
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.
Site Staff

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 am

Herb tweeted this :roll: :

Herb Zurkowsky‏ @HerbZurkowsky1 Feb 26

"I'm guessing we never see Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway again."

https://twitter.com/HerbZurkowsky1/stat ... 6943857664

Really?!

Bonnie and Clyde didn't do nuttin wrong. It's not their fault, the guy in charge of giving the presenters the cards was drunk!

Come on Bonnie and Clyde, show Herb who's boss! :lol:

All-Star

PreviousNext